DC MD VA Area Chat

Weather looks awesome tomorrow! Who is getting out for a round? @93civiccpe The Manor?

Weather looks awesome tomorrow! Who is getting out for a round? @93civiccpe The Manor?
Darn, I'm supposed to be playing with a friend of mine up north of here (above the rain line). I do want to try the Manor though!!!

Darn, I'm supposed to be playing with a friend of mine up north of here (above the rain line). I do want to try the Manor though!!!
I hear you man! Well maybe Saturday. I am not sure what I am doing yet though. Probably won’t know until Friday sometime. Decent chance I end up fishing but that depends on whether my fishing buddy is working or not.

I’m hoping to squeeze in one last round of 2020 tomorrow at the local Par 3.

I hear you man! Well maybe Saturday. I am not sure what I am doing yet though. Probably won’t know until Friday sometime. Decent chance I end up fishing but that depends on whether my fishing buddy is working or not.
Let me know. My parents may be in town but if not and you are playing I'll try to join you

I need to have my iron loft/lies checked and possibly be bent three degrees upright based on some recent measurements and tinkering. Looking for recommendations where to have it done.

Long story short, I've always missed right and basic iron shot has been a fade to a push. I was pondering some legacy Ping Eye2 or Zings for fun and did the online Ping fitting tool. I'm 6' and my wrist to floor is 37". This put me in White dot/ 3 upright, always thought I was standard. I checked a couple more tools/charts and the wrist to floor is still at 3 upright. I was able to hit a bucket today with my CB3 7iron and a Cobra Bio Cell and Bio Cell+ fitting cart heads at both 2 and 4 upright. The results were dramatic to say the least. The upright lie angle was definitely working and had everything nice and on the target line. Straight to slight draws, with a hook as the miss. Balls hit with the CB3 were well right. Definitely a toe down at impact situation.

I'm in Northern Calvert county so I'm thinking about Nighthawk Golf in Gambrills or Dukes in Annapolis, or Second Swing in Columbia. I'm hesitant about a big box location. I'm thinking of the work needing done is verifying the existing lofts and lies and bending the 7 up three and verifying flight. If good, bend the rest of the set and verify. First time having anything like this done. Thoughts are if it improves direction as much as the fitting cart irons, the Old CB3 have a few more seasons in them as I like everything else about them.

Thanks in advance for any suggestions.

I need to have my iron loft/lies checked and possibly be bent three degrees upright based on some recent measurements and tinkering. Looking for recommendations where to have it done.

Long story short, I've always missed right and basic iron shot has been a fade to a push. I was pondering some legacy Ping Eye2 or Zings for fun and did the online Ping fitting tool. I'm 6' and my wrist to floor is 37". This put me in White dot/ 3 upright, always thought I was standard. I checked a couple more tools/charts and the wrist to floor is still at 3 upright. I was able to hit a bucket today with my CB3 7iron and a Cobra Bio Cell and Bio Cell+ fitting cart heads at both 2 and 4 upright. The results were dramatic to say the least. The upright lie angle was definitely working and had everything nice and on the target line. Straight to slight draws, with a hook as the miss. Balls hit with the CB3 were well right. Definitely a toe down at impact situation.

I'm in Northern Calvert county so I'm thinking about Nighthawk Golf in Gambrills or Dukes in Annapolis, or Second Swing in Columbia. I'm hesitant about a big box location. I'm thinking of the work needing done is verifying the existing lofts and lies and bending the 7 up three and verifying flight. If good, bend the rest of the set and verify. First time having anything like this done. Thoughts are if it improves direction as much as the fitting cart irons, the Old CB3 have a few more seasons in them as I like everything else about them.

Thanks in advance for any suggestions.
Its a little bit of a drive but, Lou at Arundel Golf Park is great.

Sent from my SM-N975U1 using Tapatalk

Its a little bit of a drive but, Lou at Arundel Golf Park is great.

Thanks. I'll look him up.

Dukes. Great guys, and they do great work. I get work done there often.

Went out today to River Downs in Finksburg... got a great deal earlier in the week on GolfNow... course was quiet so pretty much had the course to ourselves... 1st time playing there (which is a surprise) cause living in Md all my life playing numerous courses all around the state and now living up in York Co. Pa I still playing the majority of my Golf in Md... but never did... definitely a course where the cart is needed... and very very hilly... with the rain yesterday going up and down the paths between holes at times was a slippery mess lol.... over all played well for the first time out since last October and the course was fairly in decent shape for this time of the season I’m guessing... even though I still like Oakmont Green more and it’s several miles closer

Attachments

• 0B232EBC-79CB-4AEF-9F55-165A7A552EB2.jpeg
    0B232EBC-79CB-4AEF-9F55-165A7A552EB2.jpeg
    149.7 KB · Views: 12
  • B26F5D66-061D-4BDF-B129-22324D40AA1C.jpeg
    B26F5D66-061D-4BDF-B129-22324D40AA1C.jpeg
    153.6 KB · Views: 12
  • 5DFBCE28-A28A-485C-83F9-6274E3556C5B.jpeg
    5DFBCE28-A28A-485C-83F9-6274E3556C5B.jpeg
    112.5 KB · Views: 12
  • 5A59AE86-3DB4-4FA0-89EC-B74FBBCBAB92.jpeg
    5A59AE86-3DB4-4FA0-89EC-B74FBBCBAB92.jpeg
    133.7 KB · Views: 12
What are some of the best public courses in the area? I just moved into the NoVa area and have been to Laurel Hill and Westfields, both of which I enjoyed a lot.

What are some of the best public courses in the area? I just moved into the NoVa area and have been to Laurel Hill and Westfields, both of which I enjoyed a lot.
I used to live in Manassas. It's too bad they closed General's in Manassas as it was nearby. Conditions were usually either above average or quite good but it was a very challenging layout. Twin Lakes on Braddock and Clifton Road in Clifton was a great value and conditions.

Greendale is a no. Too much play, conditions deteriorate fast.
Twin lakes is better, vision wise, lakes course in open, oaks course is tighter.
Lots of courses off 66 about 25 miles from the parkway, I've not played them in a long time, so won't name but Google that area.
Another course outside the gate from Quantico I think?
Pohick bay, as well.
Augustine about 25 miles south of Springfield mixing bowl, give or take.
Lee's hill out that way also.
And raspberry falls that way too,i think.

Played 9 today at Oakmont Green in Hampstead, wasn’t suppose to rain till 11:30-12:00ish but of course it started a lot sooner... track was (as always) in great shape....by far 1 of my favorites in Md

B3015DCE-ECCB-41A1-B410-A5095F50B682.jpegD7BE9FA8-B80B-4DCE-97F7-AE762FB2BE29.jpeg11907FA3-AD09-4222-B84C-9401E3188E6F.jpeg3F339B5D-B38C-41C0-B49D-46F3BAD3B85C.jpeg

Played 9 today at Oakmont Green in Hampstead, wasn’t suppose to rain till 11:30-12:00ish but of course it started a lot sooner... track was (as always) in great shape....by far 1 of my favorites in Md

View attachment 9003143View attachment 9003144View attachment 9003145View attachment 9003146
I played there on Easter Sunday, agreed it is in good shape. I enjoy it, although not a big fan of a couple of the holes on the back though.

I played there on Easter Sunday, agreed it is in good shape. I enjoy it, although not a big fan of a couple of the holes on the back though.

Let me guess the 17th a dog leg right and the 18th with it being very tight through the driving alley? Or the 13th huge dog leg left which for me has always been a sort of gimmick type hole...the only thing I have against the course is some of the Par 4’s are lonnnnng lol 😝 #9 which is slightly uphill is a boomer of a Par 4 even though it’s straight as a ruler

Let me guess the 17th a dog leg right and the 18th with it being very tight through the driving alley? Or the 13th huge dog leg left which for me has always been a sort of gimmick type hole...the only thing I have against the course is some of the Par 4’s are lonnnnng lol 😝 #9 which is slightly uphill is a boomer of a Par 4 even though it’s straight as a ruler
Haha, yeah 13 I've never been a big fan of, 10-14 just seem kind of wonky, like they ran out of property to fit the holes into and had to get gimmicky to make it work. 18 too with the super narrow lane than the sharp left turn. Yeah some of the par 4s are pretty long. 9 for sure is a beast.

Haha, yeah 13 I've never been a big fan of, 10-14 just seem kind of wonky, like they ran out of property to fit the holes into and had to get gimmicky to make it work. 18 too with the super narrow lane than the sharp left turn. Yeah some of the par 4s are pretty long. 9 for sure is a beast.

talking about the 10th... as I was sitting there waiting for my Playing Partner to show up I was facing toward the 10th tee box.... I hate saying this cause it makes me sound like I’m judging but this older gentleman (late 60’s- early 70’s) in a red Nike hoody pulled up to the blue tees and promptly hit a beautiful dead center tee shot (literally pulled up got out grabbed his driver and no practice swing just nailed it straight down the middle) and from the looks of it his 2nd shot was just as good lol but yes the 10th is kinda of corky as well lol ....

Attachments

• D313F41D-8F4E-4B29-87CD-E6463A72E5BD.jpeg
    D313F41D-8F4E-4B29-87CD-E6463A72E5BD.jpeg
    123 KB · Views: 9
  • 39321B51-5E8B-40B2-AD66-CF6941DA5B43.jpeg
    39321B51-5E8B-40B2-AD66-CF6941DA5B43.jpeg
    102 KB · Views: 9
Is anyone near Ocean Pines? I'm taking a family vacation there in May and was hoping to get a round in at the Ocean Pines golf course.

Hey guys, making a trip to Williamsburg May 15-20 with the family and planning on breaking away for a 730-800 tee time at The Golden Horseshoe GC (Gold Course). Thinking about playing either Monday or Tuesday of that week. If anyone is interested, let me know!

Hey guys, making a trip to Williamsburg May 15-20 with the family and planning on breaking away for a 730-800 tee time at The Golden Horseshoe GC (Gold Course). Thinking about playing either Monday or Tuesday of that week. If anyone is interested, let me know!
It is just bit too far for me for a day trip. I have been there but it was winter time and too cold to play. Williamsburg is a favorite of the wife and I for short trips. Lots of fun stuff to do in the area and some good food can be found as well.

It is just bit too far for me for a day trip. I have been there but it was winter time and too cold to play. Williamsburg is a favorite of the wife and I for short trips. Lots of fun stuff to do in the area and some good food can be found as well.

Dang! Let me know if you change your mind. It’s a nice easy 7 hour drive for us from NE Ohio. Really looking forward to the trip and the course looks immaculate.

Big Time in the ‘burg you say? I might be convinced to make the drive down for that. I mean, you’re already subjecting yourself to @Stemmy66 so you might as well get the full effect.

Big Time in the ‘burg you say? I might be convinced to make the drive down for that. I mean, you’re already subjecting yourself to @Stemmy66 so you might as well get the full effect.

Let's do this! Might be intruding on your work day, but you will never regret playing a Top 100.

I just got a tee time booked for 7:30 am on Wednesday, May 19. The course is closed the day before for a tournament so the course should be minty!!

Whoever wants to join, I got three spots and will call it in. I told them I might be adding "a few friends". Didn't say I had never met them lol

Back