DC MD VA Area Chat

757 pages ... that's not that big. HA! :alien2:

The DMV - all talk no golf :alien:

WILLIAMD993B;n8876991 said:
I'm near Harrisonburg, Va. Just have to love the Valley. I would think I'm a long way from most of you, but would like a road trip.
Would like to play the Pete Dye course near Radford, Va.

I can't speak for the SW part of the state, but I do know if you head down the Valley you can probably find a game.

For those of you down in the SE area, here is a video from the Traveling Golfer TV show talking about the remodel & new ownership of Royal New Kent. Also, Viniterra & Williamsburg National http://www.travelinggolfervideo.com/

Chip Sullivan is the Director of Golf now at Royal New Kent. Most of you should know him from a few times been on the Tour. I played a few rounds with Chip back in the day. I'm anxious to go back there & talk to him.

I have played Royal New Kent 6 times since the reopening. Was there day of opening also. Chip is great guy and they are doing a great job there. It's in great shape. The greens are fabulous. I went to play Stonehouse a week ago and they are having serious issues with their greens. FYI.

Played Mattaponi friday. Course was in fabulous shape. It's still a favorite of mine.

Been quiet in here lately....

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Played Belmont Country Club last week. Course was in great shape and was quite challenging. The greens especially were crazy fast. Like I'd have brought a different putter fast... Great track though and glad I got to experience it. Based on it's status and the weird looks my friend and I got from the members, the odds of me getting another crack at it are probably pretty slim.

JonD;n8881043 said:
Played Belmont Country Club last week. Course was in great shape and was quite challenging. The greens especially were crazy fast. Like I'd have brought a different putter fast... Great track though and glad I got to experience it. Based on it's status and the weird looks my friend and I got from the members, the odds of me getting another crack at it are probably pretty slim.

Oh yeah. A friend of mine lives in the Belmont community & is a member. Everyone knows everyone there & if you're new or look like you don't belong, they know. I mean they know what each member does for a living, where they live, how many kids they have, etc. It's a regular snobatorium!

But the course is always in immaculate shape! So they got that going for them.

golfinnut;n8881073 said:
Oh yeah. A friend of mine lives in the Belmont community & is a member. Everyone knows everyone there & if you're new or look like you don't belong, they know. I mean they know what each member does for a living, where they live, how many kids they have, etc. It's a regular snobatorium!

But the course is always in immaculate shape! So they got that going for them.

Yeah we definitely made some bushwood jokes.

Belmont is a community club?

tbanks5;n8880282 said:
Played Mattaponi friday. Course was in fabulous shape. It's still a favorite of mine.

Yeah, summer's been cooler than typical so golfinnut hasn't had any near death experiences this year. :alien:

Molten;n8881368 said:
Belmont is a community club?

Not in the sense that you have to live in the community to join, but there's a community built around it.

JohnSinVA;n8881698 said:
Yeah, summer's been cooler than typical so golfinnut hasn't had any near death experiences this year. :alien:

Not necessarily ... I just don't play when it's hot as balls out. :act-up:

tbanks5;n8880282 said:

I love that course! You should have called mesaman777 he plays there a lot. Speaking of quite .... Who knows where he's been?

For those of you in the MD section of the DMV .... here is your chance to swing the XXIO line of clubs at Olney Golf Park.

XXIO.jpg

For those of you in the DMV & wish to hit the new Titleist irons, Raspberry Falls is having a demo day this Saturday. I may or may not be there, as I have a wedding that afternoon. I may sign up for a morning fitting. Time for round two

fittingday.jpg

Srixon reps are at brambleton this morning. $10/doz q star, $15 QST, $20 z star/xv

JohnSinVA;n8901647 said:
Srixon reps are at brambleton this morning. $10/doz q star, $15 QST, $20 z star/xv
I got the same email

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

golfinnut;n8901681 said:
I got the same email

Why didn’t you post it then, slacker? ????

JohnSinVA;n8901682 said:
Why didn’t you post it then, slacker? ????
Cause I'm playing golf

Awful quite in the DMV! Does no one play golf around here anymore? :unsure:

I'll be playing Queenstown Sunday. River Course.

Anyone is welcome to join. Right now, I'll just be flying solo.

Back