I downloaded the app with the annual membership which seems to be the best deal. I am going to follow the program initially so Diamond Dozen later today then Energy 2.0 on Friday. It has me doing 3 workouts a week which seems fine since I plan on lifting at the gym 3 days a week while doing this. Question for the DDP Vets, did you follow the prescribed program or test the water for other workouts after a while?

Really depends on your fitness level. When I first started this to say I was in poor shape is putting it mildly (I had a BMI of roughly over 35 and had strained my back). So I started with the Beginner program and followed it pretty much to the level. When I finished it I moved directly onto the Intermediate program skipping the first week of workouts (I was doing it via the DVDs). After completing that I came back doing the advanced program, but skipped ahead to the 7th or 8th week so I was doing 4-5 workouts a week.

Beginning of this year I got the app, and I have been doing my own thing, mixing and matching my own workouts each week. Part of me likes it this way because I can dabble however I want, but part of me really liked the structure of following the workout.

My advice would be to start with the program and do it pretty close to how it is set up, then as you get comfortable with the names of the moves (many have been altered from traditional yoga names) then adjust to your level. I also do not do much other workouts besides DDP Yoga (some cardio occasionally and now mixing in Superspeed 3 days a week) so I don't have much to plan around it.

Just downloaded the app and started the trial. I’m going to give it the first go tomorrow morning. Let’s see what this is all about!

Just downloaded the app and started the trial. I’m going to give it the first go tomorrow morning. Let’s see what this is all about!

hey ill restart tomorrow and can be your accountability partner if you think it will help!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Sure. My life is a bit uneven right now but I’m going to give this a reasonable go. Let’s take it for 30 days and see where we end up.

Energy 2.0 in the books. A lot of sitting in a lunge position. At least the day after leg day it felt like a long time. I don't see myself sticking with the intermediate program very long. Maybe a couple of weeks. I may stay looking into some if the 40 minute videos at that point. Nothing in this video really tested my flexibility. Lots of good core work. In addition to fixing my back, I'm hoping to get my lower back and hips the ability to create a fuller turn in the backswing.

Finished it off with the same hip opener that I did the first night. In that video, he mentioned that he had a more difficult version but never mentioned the name of it. It's not putting a lot of pressure on my hips. It is tearing my hammies up though.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

do sport and yoga es important to keep your body good..

Did my first round of DDP this morning. I’m on the trial version of the app so the workout videos are truncated, so I did a few of the training videos to learn the basic moves (table, broken table, hold the ball, diamond cutter, touchdown, downward dog, etc.).

I feel great! I can definitely see how this will take some pressure off my back and make me more flexible. Perhaps more importantly, it should build core strength which will help stabilize my swing. I think I am going to sign up for the full version.

Anyone using a heart monitor that is not the one they recommend?

Got a round of Below the Belt in today. It's been awhile since I've done it. I forgot how distracting DDP's daughter is...

Energy 2.0 in the books. A lot of sitting in a lunge position. At least the day after leg day it felt like a long time. I don't see myself sticking with the intermediate program very long. Maybe a couple of weeks. I may stay looking into some if the 40 minute videos at that point. Nothing in this video really tested my flexibility. Lots of good core work. In addition to fixing my back, I'm hoping to get my lower back and hips the ability to create a fuller turn in the backswing.

Finished it off with the same hip opener that I did the first night. In that video, he mentioned that he had a more difficult version but never mentioned the name of it. It's not putting a lot of pressure on my hips. It is tearing my hammies up though.

I am not an expert in anyway, but I think this is part of the escalating nature of the program. I am one who has very weak hamstrings and tight hips, to do some of the positions that I think will get you the work you want on your hips/low back it will put a lot of strain on your hamstrings/core to do them. None of these moves is isometric and focuses just on one spot, and the hamstrings/hips/core are all directly related, so if you have a weakness in one of them, it will impact what you are able to do in the others....

At least that is what I experienced going through this program, but I think I was at a different place physically than you are. I was just in overall poor shape, you have one area that is injured so not sure how that will impact things.

I am not an expert in anyway, but I think this is part of the escalating nature of the program. I am one who has very weak hamstrings and tight hips, to do some of the positions that I think will get you the work you want on your hips/low back it will put a lot of strain on your hamstrings/core to do them. None of these moves is isometric and focuses just on one spot, and the hamstrings/hips/core are all directly related, so if you have a weakness in one of them, it will impact what you are able to do in the others....

At least that is what I experienced going through this program, but I think I was at a different place physically than you are. I was just in overall poor shape, you have one area that is injured so not sure how that will impact things.

I definitely see the benefits of some taking that approach. Work into the more advanced stuff as their bodies are not used to the positions and movements. I will see where I am at in a couple of weeks. I am mentally comparing it to the Yoga X video from the P90X series. That one was a lot longer and seemed like more of a traditional yoga than this. My groin and hamstrings are probably the tightest areas of my body with the lower back being close behind. The hip opener I have been doing has really shown those as my week spot.

Overall, I think the program looks really promising. There are a ton of videos on the site. It looks like they can address people from any physical starting point. I am really glad I went the App route over the DVD set.

I definitely see the benefits of some taking that approach. Work into the more advanced stuff as their bodies are not used to the positions and movements. I will see where I am at in a couple of weeks. I am mentally comparing it to the Yoga X video from the P90X series. That one was a lot longer and seemed like more of a traditional yoga than this. My groin and hamstrings are probably the tightest areas of my body with the lower back being close behind. The hip opener I have been doing has really shown those as my week spot.

Overall, I think the program looks really promising. There are a ton of videos on the site. It looks like they can address people from any physical starting point. I am really glad I went the App route over the DVD set.

Yeah, having done both the App is so much better in my opinion. Feel bad that I told Kev to go for DVDs...

I just signed up for the year subscription for the App workout. FWIW, you save a few bucks if you use the website to sign up as opposed to signing up in the app itself.

good work man!!

core work and back is big for my spare tire i carry around lol

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Yeah, having done both the App is so much better in my opinion. Feel bad that I told Kev to go for DVDs...

I will probably checkout the app, but I'm still using my DVDs, and they are fine for me. I don't really follow the program though; I just supplement my workouts each week with 2 or 3 workouts from DDP.

I will probably checkout the app, but I'm still using my DVDs, and they are fine for me. I don't really follow the program though; I just supplement my workouts each week with 2 or 3 workouts from DDP.
What workouts are you using from the discs?

What workouts are you using from the discs?

Stand Up once a week. Really feel the burn in the hip area, and it's great for balance. Strength Builder once a week too. Strengthen your base and core, and I love the can opener move. And then I will throw in a Below the Belt or Diamond Cutter from time to time. I need to work some Red Hot Core into each week too.

I do Energy and Fat Burner on occasion, usually when I just want to get off the couch and move a little. I actually think Energy would be a good pre-round workout if you wake up real stiff.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

Stand Up once a week. Really feel the burn in the hip area, and it's great for balance. Strength Builder once a week too. Strengthen your base and core, and I love the can opener move. And then I will throw in a Below the Belt or Diamond Cutter from time to time. I need to work some Red Hot Core into each week too.

I do Energy and Fat Burner on occasion, usually when I just want to get off the couch and move a little. I actually think Energy would be a good pre-round workout if you wake up real stiff.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk
Ooh, I think you're right on the energy as a warm-up.

I'm supposed to do energy again tomorrow, but I may check out stand up instead.

Just did the Diamond Dozen as the first workout on the app plan. Man, if you put the effort in, it is a nice low impact workout. I can definitely see that this program can lead to toning and flexibility. I had a moderate sweat going, which was surprising.

Ultimately, I will probably pair this program with running or biking on off days. With that, I think you can really tone up.

I finally found the Advanced version of the Knee, Back, and Hip Opener. On the app, it isn't actually listed in the KBH Opener category. It is listed under Advanced. I am going to give that a try after doing Energy 2.0 again tonight. I am also going to throw in the Stand Up Classic in tomorrow which is marked as a rest day.

Dang it. After a long day at work, I dozed off on the couch at about 8:30. By the time I came to, I was going straight to bed. The good news is I got a really good night sleep. The bad news is I fell behind on my schedule.

To make up for yesterday, I did both the energy 2.0 that was scheduled and the stand up 2.0 that I originally wanted to do today.

Energy 2.0 is most definitely a beginner workout that does a good job getting the muscles ready to roll. I definitely think this will be a morning of golf warm up routine.

Stand up 2.0 really took it up a notch. Really had to engage the hips and stabilizing muscles in the lower legs. Two areas that definitely need work and will definitely help my golf game.

Tried the advanced back and hip opener. I thought it would be a stretching routine much like the standard one. Most definitely not. It's a 30+ minute workout. I did about 10 minutes of it before I realized it was going to be another full fledged workout. It will go on the docket for next week as it's own day.

Ended up having to take a day off yesterday as my hips and lower back are a little on the stiff side. Did the basic knee, hip, and back opener followed by the advanced version as my workout the other day. Maybe overdid it a bit. Going to tone it down and do the Fat Burner 2.0 tonight. Then, will hit the gym tomorrow. Trying to find a balance between both as I navigate and learn the different workouts. I have a feeling I would probably be better served taking a conservative approach and progressing through these workouts for a good while before stepping it up. I just struggle holding back when I know I can do more. But, the last thing I need is to irritate my back injury, or develop a new one.

On the plus side, I finally figured out how to get my Samsung phone to mirror it's screen to my Fire Stick.

Ended up having to take a day off yesterday as my hips and lower back are a little on the stiff side. Did the basic knee, hip, and back opener followed by the advanced version as my workout the other day. Maybe overdid it a bit. Going to tone it down and do the Fat Burner 2.0 tonight. Then, will hit the gym tomorrow. Trying to find a balance between both as I navigate and learn the different workouts. I have a feeling I would probably be better served taking a conservative approach and progressing through these workouts for a good while before stepping it up. I just struggle holding back when I know I can do more. But, the last thing I need is to irritate my back injury, or develop a new one.

On the plus side, I finally figured out how to get my Samsung phone to mirror it's screen to my Fire Stick.

I'm similar to you in wanting to jump ahead a bit when I probably shouldn't. I did that with one of the advanced workouts a few weeks ago and could totally feel it the next couple of days.

I've been really bad about getting my workouts in. Last week I was working out of town and ended up busy each evening and didn't work out and when I got back my family was kind enough to share their sickness with me and I've been out of it the last few days. I think I'm good enough to jump back in again tonight though. I really need it too because my lower back is letting me know that it needs to be stretched, especially after spending so much time in my vehicle the last week.

I'm similar to you in wanting to jump ahead a bit when I probably shouldn't. I did that with one of the advanced workouts a few weeks ago and could totally feel it the next couple of days.

I've been really bad about getting my workouts in. Last week I was working out of town and ended up busy each evening and didn't work out and when I got back my family was kind enough to share their sickness with me and I've been out of it the last few days. I think I'm good enough to jump back in again tonight though. I really need it too because my lower back is letting me know that it needs to be stretched, especially after spending so much time in my vehicle the last week.

The hardest thing to do is to take a short break. Hard for me to get back into the "go get it" mentality.

It’s been quiet around here, let’s get those work outs in! I’ll post my two week update later today, but I have been on it and am loving this program.

Back