I really tried to like DDP but just could not get into it. I have been doing Yoga with Adrienne for about 3 months and really like it. She is the #1 Yoga instructor on Youtube by far. She also has a pay site but there is a ton of free videos including Yoga for golfers.
I've done some of her videos before and agree she's great. She has a yoga for golfers video that I'll use once in awhile. I've thought about starting one of her 30 day programs before. I should really talk to my wife about doing that together.

Maybe I should look into this. I may be able to incorporate it into a work day break. Not to mention driving around in the car is not the best thing.

Reactions: KEV
I was hitting it pretty regularly for about 15 weeks, but I have gotten really slack since before Christmas and haven't been back on the mat since then. I need to get back to it. I feel myself losing flexibility and I am not feeling as good as I was when I was doing it 3 or 4 times weekly.

Maybe I should look into this. I may be able to incorporate it into a work day break. Not to mention driving around in the car is not the best thing.
That's part my problem also, spending hours in my vehicle for work. I need something to loosen myself up after driving every day.

That's part my problem also, spending hours in my vehicle for work. I need something to loosen myself up after driving every day.
I’m thinking maybe do it mid day. I have the time so I’m gonna give it a try.

I hadn't done this in months as I was back in the gym lifting weights... well that is out for at least another 4 weeks (and I am thinking longer) I am back doing this. Did Energy 2.0 yesterday and man there were spots I was already struggling with. Plan to do 5-6 days a week again as I can do it from home and need to stop just watching tv and playing video games.

I so need to get back to doing this now that I have some more time.

Only been doing this 2-3 times a week and only Energy and finally wanted to step it up and did the Synergy thinking it would be like a longer Energy. It was more like a longer Fat Burner and I freaking loved it. Had to pause twice but got through 48 minutes.

back at this. 3 days in this week already and plan to do it the next 3. 5-6 days a week will be good, already seeing increased flexiblity in my calves/hamstrings and hips. I had nowhere to go but up in those departments, but still in a week or so of regular work to see progress is great.

back at this. 3 days in this week already and plan to do it the next 3. 5-6 days a week will be good, already seeing increased flexiblity in my calves/hamstrings and hips. I had nowhere to go but up in those departments, but still in a week or so of regular work to see progress is great.
Nice work bud! I've been off and on with doing some yoga videos on YouTube. Honestly I got a little bored of doing the same workouts over and over from the DVD's but I'm thinking maybe I should get the app.

Nice work bud! I've been off and on with doing some yoga videos on YouTube. Honestly I got a little bored of doing the same workouts over and over from the DVD's but I'm thinking maybe I should get the app.

I would check out the app with the 7 day trial as there are more workouts on there and you can see if you enjoy any of the new ones without any cost. I wish I would have told you to get the app one you first showed any interest! Way more functional than the DVDs with so many more workouts as options now.

the leaderboard on the app is also a fun little twist for those that are competitive. I was doing shorter workouts once or twice a week, and over the last 8-9 days I have done it every day except Saturday and went from 5500 to 1375 yesterday.

Going everyday + longer workouts has rocketed me up there. Not sure I can crack the top 1000 until I start doing the long workouts (50 minutes plus) instead of the mid length (38-45) but I am going to see if i can get there.

I just wanta learn how to do the Diamond Cutter.

the leaderboard on the app is also a fun little twist for those that are competitive. I was doing shorter workouts once or twice a week, and over the last 8-9 days I have done it every day except Saturday and went from 5500 to 1375 yesterday.

Going everyday + longer workouts has rocketed me up there. Not sure I can crack the top 1000 until I start doing the long workouts (50 minutes plus) instead of the mid length (38-45) but I am going to see if i can get there.

Attachments

• E8BD606B-9193-483C-B2DB-D4FA22D2B1A8.jpeg
    E8BD606B-9193-483C-B2DB-D4FA22D2B1A8.jpeg
    60.2 KB · Views: 6
Really happy with how I feel after getting back into this. If gyms ever open back up I do want to lift weights, but not having to leave the house makes it so I have almost zero excuses not to get a workout in.

I cracked top 800 yesterday and have dropped back to 800 on the nose this morning. Thinking maybe I can get back inside it after doing 45 minutes today.

finally got a point where I did the Strength builder workout again after what has probably been 9 months... man that is a good workout. The Can opener really stretches the upper hamstrings and overall hips/lower back gets stretched out.

So glad I got back in the habit of this, can't think of a better stay at home program for me personally.

I am going to hit 100k points on the app this week! I would say average workout is probably 6-700 so I am pumped to hit this level. 5-6 day/week is adding up!

I am going to hit 100k points on the app this week! I would say average workout is probably 6-700 so I am pumped to hit this level. 5-6 day/week is adding up!

I have really enjoyed following this.

I have really enjoyed following this.

thanks man, you know me and my "body type" and looking at me I would think no one in the world would guess that I even know what yoga is yet alone do it regularly. So I hope people who might be interested but worry that they aren't yoga people understand that I am about the furthest thing from that myself and yet it has been great for me.

My only regret is that I wasted the first 2 months of our lockdown and didn't get back into this sooner. My hips/hamstring and even shoulder mobility is super improved in 6 or so weeks, and my calves are better, but I need to spend some more time trying to stretch those out as that is a trouble spot for me.

this combined with a new diet, I am down 15 lbs since late may. Hoping to drop at least that much more by the end of the year.

Another month in and I am still doing this at least 4 days a week, and most weeks I am shooting for 6-7 days. After being out of town for 4+ days, I am trying to find the right balance of workouts, going intense 1 day, than more moderate the next, then back to intense.

Having busted out Diamond Cutter again yet, but Strength builder and the new jacked workout 01 with Stand up 2.0/crib and below the belt 2.0 have given me a nice mix that isn't getting old. Think I will bust out DC 2.0 by the end of the month as a test to see how I do.

Man I haven't heard the name DDP in years, smiled just reading this thread name. I remember seeing years ago that he had helped a very obese man lose weight and get his life back just from yoga, it was a pretty awesome story if I remember correctly.

I did yoga once a week for a year when I was having back pain and it definitely helped with flexibility especially in the hips which is really important for sports. Yoga is about my worst athletic skillset so it was hard to drop the competitiveness and just relax but I definitely saw some benefits and would like to get back to it. DDP as an instructor would be a huge incentive lol.

Another month in and I am still doing this at least 4 days a week, and most weeks I am shooting for 6-7 days. After being out of town for 4+ days, I am trying to find the right balance of workouts, going intense 1 day, than more moderate the next, then back to intense.

Having busted out Diamond Cutter again yet, but Strength builder and the new jacked workout 01 with Stand up 2.0/crib and below the belt 2.0 have given me a nice mix that isn't getting old. Think I will bust out DC 2.0 by the end of the month as a test to see how I do.
How similar is his program to more traditional yoga? I'm stuck with home workouts since quarantine and always looking for something I can do in the living room.

Man I haven't heard the name DDP in years, smiled just reading this thread name. I remember seeing years ago that he had helped a very obese man lose weight and get his life back just from yoga, it was a pretty awesome story if I remember correctly.

I did yoga once a week for a year when I was having back pain and it definitely helped with flexibility especially in the hips which is really important for sports. Yoga is about my worst athletic skillset so it was hard to drop the competitiveness and just relax but I definitely saw some benefits and would like to get back to it. DDP as an instructor would be a huge incentive lol.

His experience as an entertainer definitely helps my experience. Like all yoga and probably all fitness instructors it can come off as super cheesy, but DDP is likeable and entertaining with some tongue in cheek dialogue.

I have thoroughly enjoyed the entire experience so far and plan to keep going at it for a while.

His experience as an entertainer definitely helps my experience. Like all yoga and probably all fitness instructors it can come off as super cheesy, but DDP is likeable and entertaining with some tongue in cheek dialogue.

I have thoroughly enjoyed the entire experience so far and plan to keep going at it for a while.
Nice I like that, I struggle big time with yoga so having a laugh would definitely help me with it.

How similar is his program to more traditional yoga? I'm stuck with home workouts since quarantine and always looking for something I can do in the living room.

It is power yoga, so a little bit different. The goal is to get into fat burning heart rate, so a lot of flexing of muscles, some variations of moves that are designed more for strength building than traditional yoga. Also pretty much goes away from any of the more meditative aspects of yoga en lieu of being more of a workout.

I sweat a lot during each session, especially the longer ones and have seen improved flexibility in many areas of my body as well as increased strength throughout, but mostly in my shoulders which both have some issues.

Back