Ottawaclo

#THPFunkoFam
Reaction score
Handicap
Titos
Apologies if a thread is already up...on tapatalk and I didnt see one...

But man day one of DDP yoga just kicked my butt. I can feel the benefits will defo be in flexibility but also my back already feels better after one session.

Excited for day 2.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Diamond Dallas Page does Yoga?

Man its legit. Anyone that wants more flex and a stronger back and core should jump on it. I was skeptical but one 45 min session later and im sold

Surprisingly he has had many wrestlers past and present and some other celebs do it and have lots of success.

I was being a smart ass, I assumed it stood for something scientific or super Yoga sounding. I thought it was funny that 20 years later, Diamond Dallas page was still the first thing that came to mind.

Turns out DDP is still relevant, and does Yoga... who knew.

I was being a smart ass, I assumed it stood for something scientific or super Yoga sounding. I thought it was funny that 20 years later, Diamond Dallas page was still the first thing that came to mind.

Turns out DDP is still relevant, and does Yoga... who knew.

I bought one of the DDP yoga books a few years back, it's hard. I think I successfully completed 1 of the full workouts.

I've been doing DDP Yoga since January. It's really helped me with flexibility, less back pain, and just feeling better overall. When I don't do it, I can really tell.

I went through the entire 39 weeks program and loved it. I have since fallen off the wagon, but I plan on getting back on soon. I think everyone should give it a try if they want to build some strength, gain flexibility and do some cardio at the same time.

bought the DVDs and did the program for 13 weeks I think. I plan to do it again as it was a pretty good workout and he was fairly entertaining at it.

Good low impact workout but he can ramp it up too.

bought the DVDs and did the program for 13 weeks I think. I plan to do it again as it was a pretty good workout and he was fairly entertaining at it.

Good low impact workout but he can ramp it up too.

Day one kicked my ass...was sweating way more than I thought I would be....tells me I am severely out of shape.....but man i feel good today....a good sore.

Day one kicked my ass...was sweating way more than I thought I would be....tells me I am severely out of shape.....but man i feel good today....a good sore.

Yeah, it is eye opening as nothing seems that hard, but then you check your heart rate and it is 127 or something.

I think I am going to have to start working this in at least 1-2 a week since my flexibility was much improved when I was doing it.

Yeah, it is eye opening as nothing seems that hard, but then you check your heart rate and it is 127 or something.

I think I am going to have to start working this in at least 1-2 a week since my flexibility was much improved when I was doing it.

Ya i was an 88 at the start after some running in place....and I peaked at 134 during the first workout.

Ya i was an 88 at the start after some running in place....and I peaked at 134 during the first workout.

I haven't done this in a long time (probably 9 months) but have been lifting weights/eliptical 3-5 times a week plus walking 18 holes at least once a week and Energy kicked my butt. Average heart rate was 112 and highest was 136. About perfect. Think I am going to mix this in at least once a week going forward.

I haven't done this in a long time (probably 9 months) but have been lifting weights/eliptical 3-5 times a week plus walking 18 holes at least once a week and Energy kicked my butt. Average heart rate was 112 and highest was 136. About perfect. Think I am going to mix this in at least once a week going forward.

only did it twice last week and will be following the schedule that came with the DVDs moving forward. Just wasnt sure if i could legit do most of the moves. Will be modifying some as they show in the vid...but hope to really see some progess this time next month for the daughters bday in May

only did it twice last week and will be following the schedule that came with the DVDs moving forward. Just wasnt sure if i could legit do most of the moves. Will be modifying some as they show in the vid...but hope to really see some progess this time next month for the daughters bday in May

Part of that is just learning the moves. Once you know them you don't have to stop and look at the screen when he says "drop into table, then move into downward dog".

You also hit the nail on the head with Yoga, I actually liken it a lot to golf, the better you get, the harder it is to get better. But once you transition from some of the modified positions it feels pretty good.

I would let you know how it feels once you get to the more difficult positions but I don't think I ever made it there.

Still at it Ottawaclo? I'm giving it a go for the first time in the morning.

I have been mixing in some weight training along with some time on the eliptical as well as 1-2 times a week doing the Energy workout from this series.

Last night I decided instead of lifting I was going to do the fat burner workout.... holy crap that is a big step up from Energy! Adds a few new wrinkles on almost every move and transitions get more intense between them. I remembered it being more difficult but not that intense.

Hoping I can get myself to do the Energy workout tonight and then probably start back on the regular program that DDP outlines next week.

I finally got back into doing this regularly and am 2 workouts into week 8. Once I got a handle on Fat Burner, Red hot core came into remind how out of shape I am. I am really excited to finish this 13 week program, then think I will come back and do the intermediate schedule, but I need to finish the next 5+ weeks before I start worrying about that.

Did the Below the Belt workout yesterday, I think it is my new favorite. Great workout on the legs, and I need to get strong in the glutes/quads/hamstrings and this has some really fun moves that are super challenging. Doing a bonus workout today then I will be finished with week 8.

Back