Dear Arccos: I want a Divorce

Junkyard

Will Travel for Golf
Albatross 2024 Club
Reaction score
Handicap
citing unreconcilable differences, I @Junkyard hereby seek divorce from a product that has extreme potential, but continues to produce lacklustre results time and again.

I just want to go back to playing golf again without having to worry if the app is detecting all of my shots, or at least enough of them that I don't have to estimate how I played a particular hole. For some reason, you don't seem to want to detect my wedges any more. You tell me the sensor is working, but then you don't detect a 100-yard shot. I mean, I took an inch thick divot the size of a dollar bill, so I'm pretty sure there would have been enough of an impact that you could have detected it.

And can you please explain to me how the Link can lose a satellite signal when I'm standing in the middle of a wide open golf course?

Since we haven't been in a relationship long enough for either of us to become bitter, I'm not going to seek any financial compensation from the judge. All I ask is that you move forward and better yourself for the benefit of others golfers.

Oh man, that stinks. I don't arccos, but have been struggling with my tracking app for a couple months, and it can be beyond frustrating. I believe in the benefits, so it's a shame it didn't work out for you man.

Going to try another one, or just play and enjoy things for now?

Amazing how people can have such different experiences. I wonder if location plays any factor in it…

I’m a big fan of Arccos and it’s worked great for me so far!

Is it only not tracking your wedge shots when using the Link?

Bummer. Wait until you try to cancel….it is quite annoying. They don’t make it easy.

#stage5clinger

You're not alone, I recently signed the papers terminating our relationship, back to old school hoping I have selected the right weapon for each shot

That stinks. I’ve been using the free version of the app called GolfShot for tracking stats and as a GPS. I also manually put in my scores to GolfLogix for my handicap.

i'm with you...i am canceling my subscription here in a week or so...it was good enough to get an idea but not good enough to pay a year's subscription up front for something that just doesn't come close to justifying that cost. granted, when it works, it is fantastic...but when it doesn't, it is fantastic....ally bad.

i gave up on it too. great product but something has changed. too many missed shots means garbage data.

As an Arccos user since it’s inception in 2014 I have become very dissatisfied with it for the last few years. I’m also a beta tester and it seems like once we get a really good beta version going, they add more features and it all falls apart.

IMHO where they went wrong was making it way too complicated (my guess is to help consumers justify the new annual subscription cost). What I don’t understand is that once I get on the green it all goes to hell. I’ve been sent new sensors and have done everything to try and get accurate putts picked up. But nothing worked. This was a non-issue for me 2 years ago.

Every Beta version I say “maybe it will be fixed”. I never is.

I stopped using tracking technology and enjoy golf more. Not having to worry about them being picked up is great.

I hear ya ... I'm having similar feelings toward the Shot Scope V3. If I have to spend the entire round double-checking to see if the sensor is picking up the club in my hand -- that's an inch or so away from the watch -- what's the point?

The Link has not worked for the last 4 rounds.
Having the phone in my pocket it hasn't missed 4 shots in a entire round.
I do not think I will renew my subscription next year. I really like the tech but when the link refuses to work it bums me out.

The most accurate review I see for this is that

"It's great WHEN it works."

I've always wanted to pull the trigger on these but can't bring myself to do it for all the reasons above.

I am grandfathered on the no subscription plan. My last round it missed shots with my lob wedge. When that happened in the past with my putter I simply re-scanned the sensor for that club and the problem went away. The newest release with increased Caddie functionality on Apple Watch is really nice.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Sounds like my experiences with the Blast Motion Golf Sensor. I so wanted it to work, but it was actually making my putting worse due to angst over whether it would register my putts.

It's been back in the box for months. I guess I'll eventually get around to putting it up for sale.

I've only had my Arccos for the last 4 rounds. Have to say that I'm anything but impressed. It has trouble picking up my chips, counts anything other than dead center as out of the fairway, and forget measuring my putts. It's quickly becoming my worst golf investment ever.

I stopped using tracking technology and enjoy golf more. Not having to worry about them being picked up is great.
I think I finally understand that it’s the same for me. I have a laser and if I need to know a distance it will tell me.

All of the many, many gadgets I’ve used, whether GPS or shot tracking, literally make me enjoy my round less. I’m only playing the game because it’s fun, why do I keep messing around with things that bug me and make it less enjoyable?

So it’s been a few months now and I don’t see myself trying any more on-course tech gadgets.

I'm still considering a range-finder, eventually.

I use Arccos with an Apple Watch Series 6 and it works great. It even has a “mark the pin” that pops up on my watch when I get to the green. After I make my putt I hit it real quick and grab my ball. Can’t really speak to the Link. I’ve never needed one. I default the GPS to my watch when I start my round. At the end of the round I add penalty shots if I had any. Correct any putts off the green to “rough” which defaults them to chips. It will miss a bunker shot on occasion. Over the course of 10 rounds it will miss 3-4 shots. I just add them when I get home and review my round. Takes all of 30 seconds. If you want perfection hire a full time caddie that will track all that info and tell you what club to hit. And even then they will prob be wrong quite a bit. The AI Caddie is spot on for me.

I want a shot tracker that is as close to “set it and forget it” as possible. And the Arccos is as close as we can get I think. The stats are humbling and revealing. Some golfers don’t want the true stats. Me? I want the harsh truth so I can improve!

I put the sensors on my clubs for about an hour. Then took them all off and deleted the app from my phone.

Took me an order of magnitude longer to cancel the service than it did to remove the hardware and software.

I also bought a rangefinder, used it once, then sold it. I can extrapolate just find with course markers and one less thing in the bag. Snacks, water, balls and tees. Oh, and the clubs. But that's it. Towel in my pocket, a song in my heart :p

Agree with all the frustration, gave upon it years ago. I hated the distraction to on site editing, etc. Technology when working is great but when it fails, it is a major PITA!

Back