December Fitness Challenge

That's awesome! I know you talked about a 1/2 marathon, so is this something you have done before, or a goal to try for the first time?

I’ve 9 miles this month - I’ll try and get to the 13.1 but maybe be a longer term goal - hate running on the treadmill for more than 4 miles

Would be a first time running a 1/2

I’ve 9 miles this month - I’ll try and get to the 13.1 but maybe be a longer term goal - hate running on the treadmill for more than 4 miles

Would be a first time running a 1/2
My wife and I ran a 1/2 a week before our wedding, so over 7 years ago. It was a hot day, but our goal was to not walk, and we accomplished that. We also wanted to be under 2 hours, and we came in at a few seconds over 2 hours haha. So close! It was such a fun race though, and you get a little competitive passing people as the race progresses. It will be a lot of fun for you I think, and it seems like you are well on your way!

On a side note, it was a bit discouraging though, as we were finishing up, and grabbing some water at the end of the race, just a minute or 2 later came the first Full marathons runners to the finish... They are just on a whole other level!

Thanks for starting this - 25 days in and 25 workouts completed (went out for a 3 mile run last night at 9pm)

Run over 50 miles so far and onto the next phase of fit for golf

January will be continuing the workout trend and focusing on diet

Fell off the workout wagon recently because of an upper respiratory illness that has left me with a head cold that I have been dealing with for almost two weeks. Fortunately, I am closer to the end than the beginning and I should be able to resume workouts by the weekend.

I'm definitely interested in the diet part. I would like to focus on eating better and smarter. I don't have any weight or health concerns currently, but I know I can and should eat better. Keep us advised of your plans and progress.

Joined a local gym 6 weeks ago. I'm doing specific golf exercises to increase my stamina and strengthen my core, back and shoulders. Walking 20 minutes on the treadmill now and looking to increase it weekly. Good Luck to everyone and keep at it.

My wife and I ran a 1/2 a week before our wedding, so over 7 years ago. It was a hot day, but our goal was to not walk, and we accomplished that. We also wanted to be under 2 hours, and we came in at a few seconds over 2 hours haha. So close! It was such a fun race though, and you get a little competitive passing people as the race progresses. It will be a lot of fun for you I think, and it seems like you are well on your way!

On a side note, it was a bit discouraging though, as we were finishing up, and grabbing some water at the end of the race, just a minute or 2 later came the first Full marathons runners to the finish... They are just on a whole other level!

It's definitely doable, just need to train up to it. I'm not too concerned.

That's crazy, but you're right a completely different level - I have no interest in running a full or evening training for it haha

Fell off the workout wagon recently because of an upper respiratory illness that has left me with a head cold that I have been dealing with for almost two weeks. Fortunately, I am closer to the end than the beginning and I should be able to resume workouts by the weekend.

I'm definitely interested in the diet part. I would like to focus on eating better and smarter. I don't have any weight or health concerns currently, but I know I can and should eat better. Keep us advised of your plans and progress.

Hope you're feeling better now, my wife just came down with a pretty bad bug, hoping I don't get it.

Diet is my killer, I can always find motivation to workout, eating though, love my food

It's definitely doable, just need to train up to it. I'm not too concerned.

That's crazy, but you're right a completely different level - I have no interest in running a full or evening training for it haha

Hope you're feeling better now, my wife just came down with a pretty bad bug, hoping I don't get it.

Diet is my killer, I can always find motivation to workout, eating though, love my food

I definitely subscribe to the workout so I can eat club. I have a weakness for pizza, pasta, and chicken wings.

Great workout tonight. Bench press with bar and dumbbells. Last pull downs with varying grips, and dead lifts.
Always tough to get workouts in during the holidays so when ya do just make em good.

Alright, last day of December everyone! Lots of great work was put in this month! Keep it up for today, and continue the momentum into 2020! Thanks for jumping in with me for a continuation of the November thread. Although I didn't get in as much as my goal, I still got in a lot more than I had pre November. Always motivated by hearing what everyone else is doing! Here's to a happy, healthy, fantastic New Year!

Alright, last day of December everyone! Lots of great work was put in this month! Keep it up for today, and continue the momentum into 2020! Thanks for jumping in with me for a continuation of the November thread. Although I didn't get in as much as my goal, I still got in a lot more than I had pre November. Always motivated by hearing what everyone else is doing! Here's to a happy, healthy, fantastic New Year!
I’d like to see us continue this with a January Fitness thread. Accountability is a good motivator.

Its funny, every time I see this thread I read it Dechambeau fitness challenge. haha. :ROFLMAO:

Hello everyone! Nice to see so many people that are practicing sports, because they want to take care about their health. I am doing yoga for many years, and I really love it. It fully relaxes my body and clears my mind and my thoughts. Yoga has actually changed my life, because I am always meditating while practicing it. I understood a lot of new things. Life is a very strange thing. I understand those quotes about people come and go. Nothing lasts forever, and the only person that will be with you till the end of your life is yourself.
Hey willistrong, great insight. I've really been enjoying starting my journey into yoga, and finding some calm in my somewhat hectic life! This thread is a little quiet since December is over, but I started another if you want to jump in.

Back