December Fitness Challenge

I woke up on Saturday morning with a stinking sore throat that developed over the day into a full blown cold that has wiped me out, so December has not got off to the best start

However, I do intend to get back in to some exercise once I kick this cold
Welcome back TheDoctor! Let's see what we can do this month!

Alright, so during November I upped my push ups per day from 100 at the beginning, to 120 by the end of the month. My December goal is to end up doing 150 daily, so i'm going to add a push up per day until the end of the month to hopefully hit 150. I missed a day or 2 in November, but total I would have done over 3,000 pushups! If I hit my goal of adding a push up a day until the end of December, this will bring me over 4,100 for the month! Can't wait to try to hit this goal.

Last night I was able to complete my pushups, and do 20 minutes of yoga with my wife. It has been great for my flexibility. Now my next step is to add a rowing machine for more cardio!

Hopefully everyone else did well on Day #1! Looking forward to the month ahead!

Shoveled snow last night yay!

at the gym this am doing Fit For Golf 101 Phase 2 Workout B - I’m really digging the mobility pieces of the workout, the strength and burn portion I’m cycling through that pretty easily

Probably more snow shoveling tonight/tomorrow then back at the cardio on Wednesday. Fully committed (as of today lol) to dominate the activity this month.

Alright, so during November I upped my push ups per day from 100 at the beginning, to 120 by the end of the month. My December goal is to end up doing 150 daily, so i'm going to add a push up per day until the end of the month to hopefully hit 150. I missed a day or 2 in November, but total I would have done over 3,000 pushups! If I hit my goal of adding a push up a day until the end of December, this will bring me over 4,100 for the month! Can't wait to try to hit this goal.

Last night I was able to complete my pushups, and do 20 minutes of yoga with my wife. It has been great for my flexibility. Now my next step is to add a rowing machine for more cardio!

Hopefully everyone else did well on Day #1! Looking forward to the month ahead!

Looking forward to this guy as my teammate ;)

Looking forward to this guy as my teammate ;)

You will be sadly disappointed then my friend...maybe if I started this program 10 years ago...:ROFLMAO:

I know it's a small thing, but I'm trying to stand more at work, as opposed to sitting for 8+ hours. 2 hour online training = 2 hours of standing for today!

Pushups done for yesterday, and got in a good 1 1/2 mile walk during lunch. Didn't get yoga in though, unfortunately.

How'd everyone else do?

Ugh, well a wrench has gotten thrown in the whole fitness thing. I might have to get moved off site due to not having a place for me in a certain building which means with traffic and trying to get back the gym is out of the question for a bit until some regularity gets into my schedule and I get my Security clearance but not giving up on weight watchers. Will continue this for sure!

Killed it on my first 2 workouts. Ordered me a smash ball so looking forward to adding that into my routine. Body is a bit sore so I’ll be doing some extra stretching this morning.

I know it's a small thing, but I'm trying to stand more at work, as opposed to sitting for 8+ hours. 2 hour online training = 2 hours of standing for today!

I highly recommend it. I had a standing desk at my last job, current job had to wait a few months before getting one - felt significantly better once I started standing again.

Key is a good pad to stand on to keep foot fatigue down

I highly recommend it. I had a standing desk at my last job, current job had to wait a few months before getting one - felt significantly better once I started standing again.

Key is a good pad to stand on to keep foot fatigue down
That's great to hear. I'm really trying to move to standing as much as possible, as I have a lot of upper back and shoulder discomfort after a long day of sitting. And thanks for the tip on the pad, I will have to look into those as well.

That's great to hear. I'm really trying to move to standing as much as possible, as I have a lot of upper back and shoulder discomfort after a long day of sitting. And thanks for the tip on the pad, I will have to look into those as well.

I grabbed mine off Amazon, $25 or so, came recommended by a few coworkers, haven’t looked back

Now off to shovel, and possibly run

1st time working out in some time. Got a run in on the treadmill followed up with some sit ups and push ups. Time to make this a routine for the rest of Dec.C1B2FDEE-C577-4411-92DF-9FA0754883F0.jpeg

1st time working out in some time. Got a run in on the treadmill followed up with some sit ups and push ups. Time to make this a routine for the rest of Dec.View attachment 8917145
Yes, great work! Keep it up! Get into a routine and it will become much, much easier with each passing day.

Yes, great work! Keep it up! Get into a routine and it will become much, much easier with each passing day.
It definitely will. Had a few injuries and illnesses to get recovered from. Felt like I hadn’t run in years. Wanted to stop but kept going and got 5 more mins than I intended.

It definitely will. Had a few injuries and illnesses to get recovered from. Felt like I hadn’t run in years. Wanted to stop but kept going and got 5 more mins than I intended.
I can't run like I used to, so I'm moving into more biking, and I'm getting a rowing machine soon to incorporate some low impact cardio. Hopefully I will be able to complete some cardio in the morning, because i'm not in the mood by the end of the day!

Bike and a bodyweight circuit yesterday to keep it going. Today's going to be walking around airports and subways, so that should get my circle filled. If not, I'll do something in the hotel room or gym.

Bike and a bodyweight circuit yesterday to keep it going. Today's going to be walking around airports and subways, so that should get my circle filled. If not, I'll do something in the hotel room or gym.
It's amazing what just walking around will do for you. One of the biggest takeaways from the November thread is how many people fill their circle just by walking or doing other things around the house. Raking leaving, shoveling snow, etc.

Just saw this thread, I fell off of a cliff at the end of last month. Darn Thanksgiving holiday. I'm still on the road a bit this month but I'll jump back in. I didn't get anything done last night but I got a good strength training workout in the first. Back at it tonight.

Thanks for starting the thread!!

Still dealing with a broken bone in my back. Doctor wants me walking, so I take my trekking poles and walk. Managed 3.5 miles today at the fast pace of 2 mph, lol. I try to walk twice a day and do around three miles per walk, depends on the weather though.

It's amazing what just walking around will do for you. One of the biggest takeaways from the November thread is how many people fill their circle just by walking or doing other things around the house. Raking leaving, shoveling snow, etc.

4 gate changes have my circles half full. So that works.

Just saw this thread, I fell off of a cliff at the end of last month. Darn Thanksgiving holiday. I'm still on the road a bit this month but I'll jump back in. I didn't get anything done last night but I got a good strength training workout in the first. Back at it tonight.

Thanks for starting the thread!!
You're welcome! We can all use a little help now and then.

Still dealing with a broken bone in my back. Doctor wants me walking, so I take my trekking poles and walk. Managed 3.5 miles today at the fast pace of 2 mph, lol. I try to walk twice a day and do around three miles per walk, depends on the weather though.
Good work. I'm sure it's not easy now, but it will pay off later!

A quick 2 miles on the snow trails and another 30-45 min shoveling snow.

Will do some stretching later tonight

I grabbed mine off Amazon, $25 or so, came recommended by a few coworkers, haven’t looked back

Now off to shovel, and possibly run

Too funny about the shoveling. I’ve been in Tampa since Thursday. Going home today to 20 inches in Albany. Can’t wait to shovel my walkway. Thankfully my driveway is plowed.

Back