December Fitness Challenge

Legs are feeling it after those soccer games, but doing some yoga last night helped. Did that and push ups, so keeping it going. Hows everyone else doing this December with their fitness goals?

Got my steps in on Friday whilst out Christmas shopping, but other than that I have not been able to do much due to being ill
Still not feeling great so going to give it another couple of days before I try to do anything strenuous

Made it back to the gym this morning to start another 4 week play after a week off due to illness. Felt good to be back and was surprisingly easy to drag myself out of bed before 7AM.

Got my steps in on Friday whilst out Christmas shopping, but other than that I have not been able to do much due to being ill
Still not feeling great so going to give it another couple of days before I try to do anything strenuous
As long as you keep going!

I got in my usual pushup sets and yoga during the weekend. Will be adding in some cardio in the next week or 2.

mine so far, mostly good days, gotta work on getting the red one closed every day.

Attachments

• CB1AC93F-384B-4E67-979A-A5BDAB1E1580.png
    CB1AC93F-384B-4E67-979A-A5BDAB1E1580.png
    23.4 KB · Views: 0
I'm going to try to incorporate yoga more into my work outs. I also need to try to do some more cardio.

Nine days in and Nine straight days of activity.

walked 18 holes Saturday then ran 3 miles on the treadmill

Fit for golf yesterday and another 30 min treadmill sesh today

Back on the wagon today. 4 of the last seven I’ve met my goals.
4BCF86ED-DC8C-4EAC-9740-E3E6D790D1E4.png

Back in the gym again this morning and enjoying it more than I have for a couple of years. Starting to think I need to see a doctor about my golfers elbow though.
I've been dealing with it for a while as it doesn't impact me in the gym or on the course, it's just always sore to touch. Expect I'll just be told to rest it but I tried that for over a month recently and it's not improved.

Fell off for a day due to a sick little one, but back on it last night!

The continual pushups has really made a difference in my core strength. This coupled with yoga has helped me the most overall, IMO. Now to get this cardio going, which I keep talking about. It will probably be after Christmas, but Jan. will bring cardio in the mix.

Unfortunately I got the flu bug and it kept me away this week. Starting to get my energy back so I’ll pick back up this weekend.

December 16th

16 Straight days of exercise. Did 101 Phase 2 Workout C Tonight.

I’ve run 30 miles MTD, 20 more to my goal and one of those days will be a 1/2 Marathon.

Feels so good to be active.

Got back into it today after falling off for a few days, and it feels great! Got my pushups and a longer yoga session in tonight. An unexpected road trip and my body was feeling the effects...stiff and sore. Much better now!

I hit the Peloton again today and have made it 47 consecutive day of closing the rings on my Apple Watch with the only blemish of somehow missing my stand goal last Thursday on a day that I had 1,324 move calories and 154 minutes of exercise.

78771FDA-AAF1-46E3-9DB9-FBD0D6CC4E4F.jpeg

Finished the 101 Phase 2 A session B and C left then onto offseason workouts

more cardio tomorrow - planned out the fitness routine through April today

Finished the 101 Phase 2 A session B and C left then onto offseason workouts

more cardio tomorrow - planned out the fitness routine through April today
Nice work, and way to get ahead of the game!

I got in my pushups and yoga again last night. Going to be getting some cardio in tonight with soccer. It's so much easier for me to run when i'm chasing around a ball!

This month has turned in to a write-off for me - illness and now back issues from coughing so much these last few days is not how I wanted to end the year

Got an appointment with my physio but the earliest I could get is a couple weeks time so just going to have to manage it with stretching and pain relief when necessary until I can see him

This month has turned in to a write-off for me - illness and now back issues from coughing so much these last few days is not how I wanted to end the year

Got an appointment with my physio but the earliest I could get is a couple weeks time so just going to have to manage it with stretching and pain relief when necessary until I can see him
Best of luck getting back to healthy! Sometimes a little rest can do the body good.

It’s been a trying month. Ended up getting sick and missed a week. Then I was just lazy the following week. Didn’t feel great but could have gotten back to it. This week I’ve hit it hard and it feels great.

It’s been a trying month. Ended up getting sick and missed a week. Then I was just lazy the following week. Didn’t feel great but could have gotten back to it. This week I’ve hit it hard and it feels great.
Tis the season! Between late nights with sick kids and traveling, I've been missing days here and there. Back into it for nearly a week again and feeling good again while doing it!

Had a great workout the past 2 days. Today I was up early and ready to go. Hit the weights, resistance bands and the smash ball. I also hit about 30 balls with my new 5 iron during the workout. Feeling good again and excited to see the results.

Saw some pics from the family get togethers the last couple days and was pretty discouraged from what I saw with myself. Looks like I will be one of the many heading into the New Year with a focus on getting in better shape. I currently do nothing, so just about anything will be an improvement.

Saw some pics from the family get togethers the last couple days and was pretty discouraged from what I saw with myself. Looks like I will be one of the many heading into the New Year with a focus on getting in better shape. I currently do nothing, so just about anything will be an improvement.
Now's the best time to get started. I kept telling myself I will do it tomorrow, but finally just jumped into a solid routine. The November thread kind of help to hold me accountable, and now this has kept it going! Good luck @Nerdy_81 just get started, stay committed, and the rest will take care of itself!

Now's the best time to get started. I kept telling myself I will do it tomorrow, but finally just jumped into a solid routine. The November thread kind of help to hold me accountable, and now this has kept it going! Good luck @Nerdy_81 just get started, stay committed, and the rest will take care of itself!

Thanks for starting this - 25 days in and 25 workouts completed (went out for a 3 mile run last night at 9pm)

Run over 50 miles so far and onto the next phase of fit for golf

January will be continuing the workout trend and focusing on diet

Thanks for starting this - 25 days in and 25 workouts completed (went out for a 3 mile run last night at 9pm)

Run over 50 miles so far and onto the next phase of fit for golf

January will be continuing the workout trend and focusing on diet
That's awesome! I know you talked about a 1/2 marathon, so is this something you have done before, or a goal to try for the first time?

Back