December Fitness Challenge

gkeller813

#UsGotThis
Albatross 2024 Club
Reaction score
Handicap
Thanks Canadan for getting the November challenge going. Seemed like a lot of people joined in. I really enjoyed the motivation, so I want to keep it going for myself, and everyone else. Let's see who can continue from November, and who else will jump in! Lets get 31 days of activity!

Glad you did this dude.

I fell off the wagon about 22 days into November. The anniversary of a pretty rough day for me rattled the cage and I couldn't get back onto it. Was hoping to be in a better place for the December thread, but it seems like I've got some ground to cover still.

What I wanted to do was change my 30 minute goal to a 60 minute goal. Once this cold/thing is over, I'll make a good run.

Alright Team Hackers in the house!

Paging @Bernoulli get in here and join in on the fun!

I am heading to the gym in about an hour. I travel a lot for work so it can make the every day tough to do.

Climbed for an hour and a half this morning. Right back at it.

Got a trip for work this week - travel days are going to be tricky but I'll at least get the 30m those days running from planes/trains/etc.

Alright Team Hackers in the house!

Paging @Bernoulli get in here and join in on the fun!

I’m in Tampa until Tuesday. Flying back home Tuesday (weather permitting).

Going to be doing the ultimate cross training activity when I return - shoveling snow. Going to be more than a foot on the ground when I return.

Other than that, I’m seriously going to be beginning my MC training this week.

I need to get in this with you guys!! I wanna drop several pounds before the MC myself.

I need to get in this with you guys!! I wanna drop several pounds before the MC myself.
Even though you may be playing for the other team, I guess we can allow it...

Just kidding, glad to have you join us in here KY Golfer!

All right I am going to jump in, need to get back in shape. Started today with some light cardio and yoga. Hopefully this thread will provide some accountability.

Glad you did this dude.

I fell off the wagon about 22 days into November. The anniversary of a pretty rough day for me rattled the cage and I couldn't get back onto it. Was hoping to be in a better place for the December thread, but it seems like I've got some ground to cover still.

What I wanted to do was change my 30 minute goal to a 60 minute goal. Once this cold/thing is over, I'll make a good run.
We gotcha here captain! Hope you feel better soon so you can get back at it!

I am heading to the gym in about an hour. I travel a lot for work so it can make the every day tough to do.
That's alright, just keep working and fit a little in where you can. It adds up fast!

I’m in Tampa until Tuesday. Flying back home Tuesday (weather permitting).

Going to be doing the ultimate cross training activity when I return - shoveling snow. Going to be more than a foot on the ground when I return.

Other than that, I’m seriously going to be beginning my MC training this week.
Welcome, glad to see you joining up! Enjoy the rest of your nice weather before traveling back home!

All right I am going to jump in, need to get back in shape. Started today with some light cardio and yoga. Hopefully this thread will provide some accountability.
Yes, glad you jumped in!

I’m in again.

Thanks Canadan for getting the November challenge going. Seemed like a lot of people joined in. I really enjoyed the motivation, so I want to keep it going for myself, and everyone else. Let's see who can continue from November, and who else will jump in! Lets get 31 days of activity!
Glad this is up because I finally got registered for the gym for work and signed up with Weight Watcher's. The fun begins tomorrow!

My fitness regimine is pretty much based on walks/hikes of 5 miles, on average, per day, everyday. I have been doing this for several years now. Missed a few days here, and there, but still way above 90% self participation.

.My walks/hikes consist of 8+ rounds (6600 yards) of golf per month. When not walking golfing, I make various cross country hikes with friends, and our dogs. These cross country hikes utilize several elevation changes.

Weather is not much of a deterant to me. Colder, windy, wet days will keep me indoors. Luckily those types of bad weather days are few, and far between.

The open desert areas around the Las Vegas area offer up a lot of interesting hiking destinations.

It's a daily regimen for me.

My fitness regimine is pretty much based on walks/hikes of 5 miles, on average, per day, everyday. I have been doing this for several years now. Missed a few days here, and there, but still way above 90% self participation.

.My walks/hikes consist of 8+ rounds (6600 yards) of golf per month. When not walking golfing, I make various cross country hikes with friends, and our dogs. These cross country hikes utilize several elevation changes.

Weather is not much of a deterant to me. Colder, windy, wet days will keep me indoors. Luckily those types of bad weather days are few, and far between.

The open desert areas around the Las Vegas area offer up a lot of interesting hiking destinations.

It's a daily regimen for me.

Walking is awesome and underrated exercise. I was coming back fro a health issue a few years ago and I got my strength back by walking. Frankly I don’t do it enough anymore.

Walking is awesome and underrated exercise. I was coming back fro a health issue a few years ago and I got my strength back by walking. Frankly I don’t do it enough anymore.
I agree with you both. After a lot of years playing soccer, my knees feel it after a run. I try to walk a mile or 2 at lunch during the day, and it has helped me maintain my health. This month im challenging muself to add in rowing as a low impact cardio workout.

I am in again this month Myself. I work out at the office about 3 times a week, walk when i play and i need to do more

I am in again this month Myself. I work out at the office about 3 times a week, walk when i play and i need to do more
Nice, glad you're keeping at it donny!

I’m in for December. I might not have made my move goal today had it not been for another few inches of snow that had to be shoveled.

I’m in for December. I might not have made my move goal today had it not been for another few inches of snow that had to be shoveled.
Cant wait to see how you continue to progress! You were great motivation during November with all that cycling!

I woke up on Saturday morning with a stinking sore throat that developed over the day into a full blown cold that has wiped me out, so December has not got off to the best start

However, I do intend to get back in to some exercise once I kick this cold

Back