DeChambeau = S L O W PLAY !!!!!!

Newman21

Reaction score
Handicap
Watching the Travelers, I am reminded just how slow DeChambeau is. Sheesh!!!! I mean taking his little back pocket booklet out about 5 times PER SHOT. I would protest if I were paired with that dude. I enjoy him playing overall when he actually hits, but man, it is a long long day with that dude. It would throw my game off (what there is of a "game" for me)!!!! I would not be able to get into a rhythm ever playing with this guy.

Also, ENOUGH with his physique! I am going to guess that there is no difference in his scoring at the end of the year from what he played in previous years even with his hulk like gains. JMO

Quick rant. Sorry...

Ya the muscle did nothing for his pace. Hits it a long way though.

but his ball is fast...

is his group behind pace?

is his group behind pace?
Not sure they are even keeping time this year with no patrons, etc. I don’t know for sure though.

He seems quicker to me this year.

Saw him in a flashback tourney before live golf returned playing with Cantlay and it was like someone was pulling my fingernails out, I couldn't watch them.

Phil seems to be enjoying himself lol

Watching the Travelers, I am reminded just how slow DeChambeau is. Sheesh!!!! I mean taking his little back pocket booklet out about 5 times PER SHOT. I would protest if I were paired with that dude. I enjoy him playing overall when he actually hits, but man, it is a long long day with that dude. It would throw my game off (what there is of a "game" for me)!!!! I would not be able to get into a rhythm ever playing with this guy.

Also, ENOUGH with his physique! I am going to guess that there is no difference in his scoring at the end of the year from what he played in previous years even with his hulk like gains. JMO

Quick rant. Sorry...

If you were playing with him, on the plus side, you could always stop for a bio break and still be on time for your next shot!

heaven forbid someone takes their iron cover off! LOL

He seems quicker to me this year.
Maybe I am over exaggerating his slow play but to me he is very slow. With all his configurations and play/yardage book viewing he MUST be slower than the majority of others. Anyways, he might be faster than he was last year, but slow is still slow. haha

Hey, but he is unique though! He has that going for him at least. ha

So speaking of slow play, we have one guy in our league that is not only awful but is slow. There are about 3-4 of us that can tolerate playing with him because he’s a really nice guy but we do it because his round would go 6 hours if we didn’t keep on him. He takes 4 practice swings every freaking shot and lasers everything.

Yesterday my partner and I were at the green in the cart waiting as mr slow was about 100 yards out lasering it. I said to my partner “I guess xxx is lasering it to determine whether or not he will duff the 9i or the PW”. And sure enough, after he took 4 practice swings, he duffed it and the ball went all of 20 yards. My partner about spit his drink out That I called it.

So speaking of slow play, we have one guy in our league that is not only awful but is slow. There are about 3-4 of us that can tolerate playing with him because he’s a really nice guy but we do it because his round would go 6 hours if we didn’t keep on him. He takes 4 practice swings every freaking shot and lasers everything.

Yesterday my partner and I were at the green in the cart waiting as mr slow was about 100 yards out lasering it. I said to my partner “I guess xxx is lasering it to determine whether or not he will duff the 9i or the PW”. And sure enough, after he took 4 practice swings, he duffed it and the ball went all of 20 yards. My partner about spit his drink out That I called it.
Hard to watch that. My father in law is the same way. I played in one of his weekend tournaments with his group (about 20 guys) and one of the others I was paired up with told me that they do not prefer to play with my father in law because of his very slow play and told me not to say anything to him. hahaha. I laughed.

Hard to watch that. My father in law is the same way. I played in one of his weekend tournaments with his group (about 20 guys) and one of the others I was paired up with told me that they do not prefer to play with my father in law because of his very slow play and told me not to say anything to him. hahaha. I laughed.
This guy is a 30.4 and I would still say that’s a vanity handicap. i know at one point he was a 36 and that was because GHIN didn’t go any higher at that time.

This is a fantastic story. I’ve definitely seen that behavior before but never called it. Well done, sir.

Nothing say's classic, like seeing one of your golf buddies who has probably play the same hole over 1500 times in 40 years pulling his laser out for a pitching wedge shot and then swiping it into a bunker.

Last edited:

You monster 😂

Nothing say's classic, like seeing one of your golf buddies who has probably play the same hole over 1500 times in 40 years pulling his laser out for a pitching wedge shot and then swiping it into a bunker.

OMG! I agree completely! My buddy has a bad habit of jumping out of the cart to Garmin the green. in wedge range. I've told him on numerous occasions that I had no idea what the yardage was to the target. It's a partial wedge! Allow me to decide what the yardage is!

OMG! I agree completely! My buddy has a bad habit of jumping out of the cart to Garmin the green. in wedge range. I've told him on numerous occasions that I had no idea what the yardage was to the target. It's a partial wedge! Allow me to decide what the yardage is!
it is a rare place I need my laser, maybe 4 times a round. the rest of the time, I walk it off from the sprinkler heads

I am curious...have you ever timed him. Using a laser on every shot and taking 4 practice swings should not take very long. I just tried it (in my garage). Pulled out my laser, shot a tree across the street, grabbed the club for that yardage, took 4 practice swings and stepped into where my ball would be. made the real swing...22 seconds. That is not bad.

it is a rare place I need my laser, maybe 4 times a round. the rest of the time, I walk it off from the sprinkler heads

I have a Skycaddie. I unclip it from my belt, look at yardage front, middle, back and then pull a club. Lot quicker than finding a sprinkler head and walking it off.

I must say, I am one of those people that like to have exact yardages. Can I hit it good enough for it to matter? Probably not, but it does help with my club selection. Also, I have seen many times that the yardage stakes have been 10 or so yards off.

The time it takes to whip out the rangefinder, laser the yardage, take two practice swings, and hit the ball is not very long. I can usually get the shot off before my parters are even ready (we walk btw).

Back