DeChambeau = S L O W PLAY !!!!!!

Bryson looks to be a bit quicker this year, but that could just be me.

I must say, I am one of those people that like to have exact yardages. Can I hit it good enough for it to matter? Probably not, but it does help with my club selection. Also, I have seen many times that the yardage stakes have been 10 or so yards off.

The time it takes to whip out the rangefinder, laser the yardage, take two practice swings, and hit the ball is not very long. I can usually get the shot off before my parters are even ready (we walk btw).
I agree, we can all be efficient with our play even with range finders and practice swings. Today we were at one time 3 holes in front of the group that started 12 minutes behind us, so obviously there are those who can't seem to figure out efficient playing and this was our men's league

My post will deviate from this thread but all the talk about Bryson got me thinking about other sports where guys got jacked....

I don’t know if Bryson is playing faster but his strength gains remind me of a couple American League baseball players from the early 80’s Lance Parrish (Tigers) Brian Downing (Angles) who were buddies. Both thought being stronger would help them be better players, hitters...many argued it would hurt flexibility and overall health and be more detrimental than positive.

Both Parrish and Downing had solid to good MLB careers and strength gains they made certainly influenced other players and as baseball evolved their thinking about strength may have ushers in the steroid era... (for another debate)

if Bryson is successful I wonder if other players now or future will work to add similar strength gains? 🤔

I've never cared if the pros take a long time, except that I fear the avg golfer sees it and wants to mimic it.
And the TV golf coverage should cut away rather than watch him stare at his yardage book all day? That's on them.

it is a rare place I need my laser, maybe 4 times a round. the rest of the time, I walk it off from the sprinkler heads

As long as the sprinkler heads and other yardage markers are accurate. With my buddy's Garmin we've found some that were as much as 12 yards off!

I've never cared if the pros take a long time, except that I fear the avg golfer sees it and wants to mimic it.
And the TV golf coverage should cut away rather than watch him stare at his yardage book all day? That's on them.

Oh yeah! See a lot of hackers out there with a whole bunch of pro mannerisms.

He would be painful to play with. But then again I get annoyed if someone takes 2 practice swings. 🤣🤣
Well that is 2 more than you need IMO :ROFLMAO:

I didn't really pay attention if he was slow or not yesterday. Seemed like Wolff and Armour never caught up or had to wait on Bryson/Merritt much at all? Maybe twice off the top of my head?

I did like how Merritt played some ready golf a few times. It is what it is though.

I didn't really pay attention if he was slow or not yesterday. Seemed like Wolff and Armour never caught up or had to wait on Bryson/Merritt much at all? Maybe twice off the top of my head?

I did like how Merritt played some ready golf a few times. It is what it is though.
I only remember while I was watching Bryson and Merritt waiting once on the tee. Bryson had honors, and he was waiting for those in front to clear the green. So Merritt tee'd off first since Bryson was going to go for it. He seems deliberate but not as slow as he was last year. And he's not getting out of position.

I only remember while I was watching Bryson and Merritt waiting once on the tee. Bryson had honors, and he was waiting for those in front to clear the green. So Merritt tee'd off first since Bryson was going to go for it. He seems deliberate but not as slow as he was last year. And he's not getting out of position.
Maybe on a Par 3 as well they had to wait, but yeah, other than that the last 2 groups were just fine and didn't have to wait any extended period of time.

I think they try not to highlight if people are waiting. Bryson is still tremendously slow on the greens. This week he putted superbly so he probably saved time on the number of putts he took.

I think they try not to highlight if people are waiting. Bryson is still tremendously slow on the greens. This week he putted superbly so he probably saved time on the number of putts he took.

I agree, he has to speed up his green reading/putting routine. It's pretty painful.

I hadn't seen Bryson play in a while. Seems a little faster. Or just as slow as the rest of them?

I did see one putt where it seemed like he took a few minutes to hit, otherwise it seems like he's picked it up a bit. I really enjoy watching bulked up Bryson but his pace is infuriating sometimes. I wish the PGA would strictly enforce time limits on shots.

Bryson looks to be a bit quicker this year, but that could just be me.
Nope not just you. He does seem quicker most of the time. He does still have the occasional extended putting time but over all he seems to be moving along.

I have to say I didn't notice him being particularly slow (Bryson) but did notice him checking the book often...I feel like he's pretty quick about it but I could just not be paying attention. I like to take my time if I'm playing nine by myself and just trying to dial things in...but not if there are people behind me, etc. If I'm playing with people...I do take a quick practice swing (or 2) but then just take my cut and go. I try to be quick without rushing myself, is I guess what I'd call my pace.... :)

I am always thinking of others and I try to be somewhat "quick" to play when I am on the course. It does bother me when others are looking excessively for their balls, take 15 practice swings, forget their clubs, don't drive to their ball in a reasonable time or just plainly taking forever. Maybe I am impatient. I don't know. I don't say anything to others like "hurry it up" or whatever but I know for sure slowness from groups ahead or in my group affect my "game". Throws me off.
These guys on t.v. are getting paid a crap ton of money to win and place so I can understand their "slowness" but dang it most of them aren't looking for golf balls like you and I but still take what seems to be forever. AND they have a caddie!!! haha
I don't want to rush anyone nor be rushed, but I expect others to be planning their next shot and play ready golf. Again, it very well might be ME just being impatient.

I have to say I didn't notice him being particularly slow (Bryson) but did notice him checking the book often...I feel like he's pretty quick about it but I could just not be paying attention. I like to take my time if I'm playing nine by myself and just trying to dial things in...but not if there are people behind me, etc. If I'm playing with people...I do take a quick practice swing (or 2) but then just take my cut and go. I try to be quick without rushing myself, is I guess what I'd call my pace.... :)
Based on the sample that I watched yesterday I felt like he played at a reasonable pace. I've seen him take faaaaarrrrrrr too long to judge the wind, barometric pressure, angle and phase of the moon, etc. - sure he had the book out quite a bit but it seemed like he would check it, make a quick decision and then pull the trigger. Even his reaction on missed putts was more like a normal golfer. I've seen it where the putt doesn't break the two inches he played and he'll stand there in disbelief.

Based on the sample that I watched yesterday I felt like he played at a reasonable pace. I've seen him take faaaaarrrrrrr too long to judge the wind, barometric pressure, angle and phase of the moon, etc. - sure he had the book out quite a bit but it seemed like he would check it, make a quick decision and then pull the trigger. Even his reaction on missed putts was more like a normal golfer. I've seen it where the putt doesn't break the two inches he played and he'll stand there in disbelief.
This was where I was like come on man.....where he's like "WHAT? HOW DID? IT DIDN'T! IT SHOULD HAVE....awwww man"

I will always try to play in a timely manner. That said If I am waiting for 10 minutes on the enxt tee I am going to slow down and spend a little more time on shots thatn simply hurry up and wait.

Back