AndyL0711

I Need To Play Some Golf!!!!
Albatross 2024 Club
Reaction score
Handicap
does anyone play a deep face 3 wood? Are you able to hit it out of the fairway and or rough?

I’ve tried a few in the last year and given up on a 3W completely. Tried the G400, the Original One Mini Driver and an M6. The Ping was the most forgiving but even then it was touch and go as to whether I could strike it even ok, let alone well. Whilst I did hit the green with it from time to time, it was a small percentage, far more often getting me in trouble And costing shots. A 5W was better for sure.

I am playing the Cobra SZ Big Tour fwy this year. I find it much easier to hit off a tee than the deck. I have had zero success hitting it out of the rough but fairway is ok

I have a tough time hitting my 3 wood...so I figured I would give this a shot. Will let you know

I have a Sonartec GS Tour head that I'd like to shaft up again someday. They made a number of very good fw woods over the years with a few deeper options.
For a deeper face this one is pretty forgiving. Not super deep, but deeper than a lot of them out there now. Good from most any lie.

m2 tour 3HL is doable off the fairway and in the rough due to the additional loft.

The CBX119 is also pretty doable if the lie isn't too dodgy.

Back