Deer Lake in Spfd, Mo

Spfdgolfer

Reaction score
Handicap
So me and there others went to Deer Lake in Springfield, Mo. Friday. I hadn't been there in a long time and thought we could check it out again. It recently reopened as a semi-private course. We were all thinking of joining as members.if the.day went well......it did not. As soon as we walked in the "pro shop" the jerk behind the counter acted like we were bothering him. He stared at the television only answering questions if he had to. He was such an a-hole that we left! No golfing there. It was leave, or punch this no mannered flunkie. We went to another local course instead and had a BLAST! So in short, Deer Fake lost 4 potential memberships because of this tool. So many courses in the area, don't waste your time or money here!

Take my word for it. Don't go.

Take my word for it. Don't go.

So me and there others went to Deer Lake in Springfield, Mo. Friday. I hadn't been there in a long time and thought we could check it out again. It recently reopened as a semi-private course. We were all thinking of joining as members.if the.day went well......it did not. As soon as we walked in the "pro shop" the jerk behind the counter acted like we were bothering him. He stared at the television only answering questions if he had to. He was such an a-hole that we left! No golfing there. It was leave, or punch this no mannered flunkie. We went to another local course instead and had a BLAST! So in short, Deer Fake lost 4 potential memberships because of this tool. So many courses in the area, don't waste your time or money here!

This^. Every single time I've been there, I wonder why I go back. The greens are burned up, the roughs are never mowed. When you arrive and try to pay for a tee time, the employees look at each other, say something to the effect of, "I don't know if we can get you in but.... yea I guess we can get you in today, but you'll have to play fast and group with with anyone and everyone you can." It's not that nice of a course... I've bought tee times online for the course, arrived 10 minutes early, only to get to hole #1 with 15 carts backed up. So yeah, so much for a tee time. That place really blows...

Thread revival and a half!

But........a friendly PSA from JeffReedMO.

THP Branson Invitational, July 13th at Ledgestone.

This^. Every single time I've been there, I wonder why I go back. The greens are burned up, the roughs are never mowed. When you arrive and try to pay for a tee time, the employees look at each other, say something to the effect of, "I don't know if we can get you in but.... yea I guess we can get you in today, but you'll have to play fast and group with with anyone and everyone you can." It's not that nice of a course... I've bought tee times online for the course, arrived 10 minutes early, only to get to hole #1 with 15 carts backed up. So yeah, so much for a tee time. That place really blows...

Yes! We would love to have you join us in Branson

Yes! We would love to have you join us in Branson

I can sure try, as I'm getting pretty tired of the courses in Springfield anyway! How many people are going so far?

They do not like to give out numbers this early, but I believe there are atleast 14 of us committed so far. Should be a great time especially if it is anything like the other outings. You should check out the thread.

Back