Del Mar, CA Recommendations

SHOWBOAT12

Reaction score
Handicap
In town for the week, any recommendations outside of Torrey Pines? Tried a Google search but it didn’t return much.

(Edit - wrong thread)

Maderas for sure. Love that course

Balboa Park is downtown if you are heading that way and has a pretty famous 18 with great views of the city.

Coronado is basically a golf course on a resort town in the harbor... pretty flat track but again great views.

Rancho Santa Fe is loaded with golf courses but I am too poor to play them :cry:. Don't get north too much.

Last edited:
FWIW we really enjoyed Native Oaks GC in Valley Center if folks stumble across this thread in the future. That was easily the best value of any track we played last week.

Pretty Easy - Aviara and Maderas.

Thanks for the suggestions. We didn't have a chance to play Maderas. We did get one (fairly disappointing) round in at Aviara. I found the course conditions to be sub-par for a $175+ track and the pace (4.75 hours) to be unacceptable. The ranger made a couple loops while we played the front 9 but didn't seem interested in keeping the pace up.

Maderas for sure. Love that course

Wish we played it, especially after a disappointing experience at Aviara. Thanks for the suggestion.

Balboa Park is downtown if you are heading that way and has a pretty famous 18 with great views of the city.

Coronado is basically a golf course on a resort town in the harbor... pretty flat track but again great views.

Rancho Santa Fe is loaded with golf courses but I am too poor to play them :cry:. Don't get north too much.

Thanks for the suggestions.

Just got back and I played the Crossing at Carlsbad and really enjoyed the course. It has some easy holes, some tough ones and some fun ones. The greens were really nice. For the prices in the area, it is a great deal.

I will add it to the rota from now on.

Back