Delays Hit the Golf Industry

Its pretty wild up here. Walked into a big box store the other day and the shelves were basically empty. A couple Sim2, 2 or 3 Epic, 1 TSi4 and 1 Tsi1, no G425s, 1 srixon driver, and then a 3/4 rack of Radspeed (either no supply issues or nobody wants em?).

Definitely explains the used club market being so hot.

I’ve ordered a bunch of Cobra gear this year- all custom, to some extent. Rad OL irons I ordered on pre-release day. Received them before the actual release day. Added a Rad SW, and it shipped quickly, even with a custom shaft and lie. My Snakebite OL 56* wedge- ordered the day after preorders were released (ordered along with my Rad SW)- still hasn’t shipped. It was back ordered when I ordered it- and then the estimated ship date jumped all the way until late July. Ordered a custom Rad XD driver a week ago. Just got it today. So delivery times are all over the place.

This may unwind soon. I don't feel like the courses around Louisville are nearly as crowded right now as they were last June. They are all substantially more expensive so they might be running customers off, but tee times can be had. Last year they could not.

Looks like this isn't going to get any better anytime so:

• Businesses and consumers are bracing for another shipping crisis, as a virus outbreak in southern China disrupts port services and delays deliveries, threatening to drive up costs again.
  • “The disruptions in Shenzhen and Guangzhou are absolutely massive. Alone, they would have an unprecedented supply chain impact,” said Brian Glick, founder and CEO at supply chain integration platform Chain.io.
  • Waiting times for vessels to berth at the Yantian International Container Terminal in Shenzhen have “skyrocketed” from an average waiting time of 0.5 days to 16 days, according to Shehrina Kamal at Everstream Analytics

Ben Hogan Golf told me that it would be October when they would get the DG S300 shafts back in stock!:oops:

Looks like this isn't going to get any better anytime so:

• Businesses and consumers are bracing for another shipping crisis, as a virus outbreak in southern China disrupts port services and delays deliveries, threatening to drive up costs again.
  • “The disruptions in Shenzhen and Guangzhou are absolutely massive. Alone, they would have an unprecedented supply chain impact,” said Brian Glick, founder and CEO at supply chain integration platform Chain.io.
  • Waiting times for vessels to berth at the Yantian International Container Terminal in Shenzhen have “skyrocketed” from an average waiting time of 0.5 days to 16 days, according to Shehrina Kamal at Everstream Analytics

1623791696653.png

I had a friend make a plunge on his first new set of clubs. It was a hard sell and $1400 it's been 6 weeks and counting for him.

Sent from my SM-N981U using Tapatalk

i countered my delay with a cancellation request...my order shipped yesterday. even earlier than originally expected. :LOL:

i countered my delay with a cancellation request...my order shipped yesterday. even earlier than originally expected. :LOL:
You know stuff like this will happen in an industry that is used to liquidating fairly large amounts of inventory every year ever until now.

I ordered a fairway wood direct from Tour Edge back in May of this year (2021). Their website showed the item to be "In Stock". After not hearing anything from them beyond a confirmation of the order, I emailed an inquiry. I received a reply stating that the item was backordered and was expected to be back in stock by June 25th. June 25th came and went with no club delvered. I contacted Tour Edge again and was told that the y would not have the item until July 20th. OK.... here's my complaint. I understand that demand and manufacturing/delivery issues have slowed the process. That having been said, there is no excuse for Tour Edge's failure to communicate the expected delays (twice) to me. When you couple this lack of communication concerning expected delays with the fact that their website had originally indicated the item was in stock, it reflects very poorly on their corporate attitude toward the customer.

Back