Smiter

Dunce Cap For A Bit
Reaction score
Handicap
Ok first mods, if this isn’t appropriate please delete and I’ll take no offense.

For those that know me know I was fighting an illness for the better part of 2 years. I first delved into the cannabis world with CBD and while it did a decent job of combating my nausea it did nothing for the pain I was in. My oncologist recommended that I go full medical. So I did which brings up a TON of legal issues.

Enter (very recently) Delta 8 Tetrahydrocannabinol. It’s 100% legal at the federal level although a few states have restricted it. It’s made legal by the Hemp Act of 2018 that states that any derivative other than Delta 9 THC is legal. Well until recently it was a .01% thing in the plant so no one cared to worry about it. It’s now being made from Delta 9 THC because of all of the places that make things for dispensaries and other legal avenues are seeing that it’s pretty simple to make. I could make it (but would never) if I needed to.

So for those willing to try CBD for whatever ailment, this is a possible alternative. Positives-it’s way more potent than CBD. Negatives, while not as potent as 🔺9 THC, it’s still 50-70% as psychoactive. To me it’s totally different but you can absolutely get high. It also calms nausea and nerve pain well below the “I am high” feeling.

That’s not my goal unless I’m testing something out and then I want to find the difference between therapeutic and excessive dosing. At home before I have to rely on it in another setting.

D85D919E-DEC9-4B4B-A84D-B2CCB854809C.jpeg

Double bind on the 8th protein wall versus the ninth. That’s it. Can make a ton of difference in some things. Doesn’t make a ton here.

Side note, do not use this if you are worried about a drug test. Unless your company tests to the molecular level and tests only for 🔺9 THC and/or its metabolite, you will test positive for THC.

Again this is fully legal on the federal level as is CBD. If this isn’t appropriate please delete. I’m not going to post any science experiments or chemical ways to get there. Others please don’t. I’d like to be able to discuss this as it may provide some comforts to those that can’t access full medical or are afraid of the federal repercussions that could come from that.

FWIW I bought my first vape pen of this at a normal gas station. I’d never heard of it before.

Since I never half ass anything I have a full shipment of one of everything that should be here tomorrow or Monday. I don’t like to vape, hurts my lungs. I even have a cookie coming, 😂.

For those looking for an alternative where it’s hard to access medical stuff, this might be a legal alternative that probably will do more good than harm.

Full disclosure, I had regressed and was about on deaths door with my illness when 2 things happened.

1. They doubled up my nuclear medicine.

2. Shortly thereafter, unable to live with the side effects it was either go full time on opiates-NO THANKS!!!! Was there after my accident, realized it and knocked that crap out real fast OR go medical. Ok, lemme try that. At least I know my side effects won’t be 4 days of hell getting off of them, just maybe a case of the munchies.

I was cured of the main disease about 8 months into using both. I have seen the recuperative effects of Hemp based products.

🔺8 THC- very well could be a game changer. It is psychoactive. You have to be careful. I was able to get halfway there with just a vape pen, which I hate hitting. Fully legal federally, and unless your state regulates it (funny some of them are full recreational?) it is 100% legal to buy and use. That may not save you from a DUI or other so I’m not saying there aren’t side effects beyond the side effects.

It’s a viable option if suffering and legal in your state (40/50 are).

Much cheaper too. I bought an equivalent to $600-$800 of 🔺9 THC for $142 shipped to my door of 🔺8.

D97518C3-A439-4BDD-9AEC-1BF83C0CBA19.png

I’ve seen this plant do amazing things. Point I think I lost was I started getting better when I started using cannabis. I still have bad side effects, most likely from two years on crap medicine designed to almost kill you and hopefully kill what they want it to. I was 80% growth until I started using cannabis. There were other changes but I feel pretty strongly that it has helped me be alive.

Again-I hope this can be a civil discussion on something that’s been ruled in the same class as CBD. If it’s not appropriate, feel free to delete.

Ok, a couple weeks removed from status reports.

Great overall. I don’t like how long any tincture with MCT’s takes to work. Leads to unpredictable dosage and results. Nothing here that would lead me to having an issue, but definitely more out of it than needed when I dosed again 3 hours in.

I prefer my tinctures made from 95% food grade alcohol. Inside of 15 minutes it’s working instead of 1-4 hours. For me and my personal biology and chemistry it works fast. The other with MCT oil? I just dunno know. I mean I know it will but 2+ hours in and in pain I’m getting a little bit impatient.

Leads me to 🔺8 distillate made into something that works for me.

Like I’ve stated, CBD has had many discussions. On the federal level this is the same thing. There is a lot of help this can offer a lot of people, it’s just too new. Hell, it may be outlawed soon. I hope not. I can go back to full medical, but I’m trying to move my life slowly away from everything that is possibly negative. This is a good step down when I need one. I’m at the point I can’t do without something, but maybe don’t need full medical.

It along with other therapies have nerve pain manageable most days. It’s peobably more calming than the regular stuff from my experience, so don’t be afraid to try if you have nerve issues. I shook pretty bad (from illness) despite high doses of a benzodiazepine. Once I started THC I was able to control that. This even leads to a better sense of calm for me.

My mind isn’t anywhere near as impacted. Yeah, you can get high on it. I have. It had to be tested.

My goal isn’t that. It’s to stop shaking and to get through the day with nerve pain that I can deal with, without going nuclear and going full opiate all the time. I’ve been that route. Effective. Too much baggage for someone that just wants to move on with their life.

Back