t460x279.jpg

Coldwater_Golf_Links_-_Coldwater_364315.jpg

Last edited:
I'm watching this with keen interest

tappin from my big as note2

Tagged

If Rhodes, IA was closer....

I'll try to make it happen.

I know it isnt especially close to much, but the course is gorgeous and I think accessible to everyone. They also offer the all day play which means if you only wanted to come for 1 day that would work. I think if it works id play 36 with the all day on Saturday and the maybe hit TCI or something on Sunday before heading back to Kansas City.

Interested for sure.

Tap talking my way thru the World of golf

You expect me to fly halfway across the country to play golf in Iowa? - Again????? LOL

You expect me to fly halfway across the country to play golf in Iowa? - Again????? LOL

Ya know ya got your ground travel covered

Lmao

Texas plays @ Iowa State Thursday night 10/3 if any Longhorn fans are on the fence. It would be awesome to make a long weekend out of it, but it's definitely a longshot for me at this point.

Can't do 5th or 6th, so book it the 12th ish and I will see what I can do, suckas!

We havent gotten into details really at all. Hawk and I just want to get some golf in pre-#grandaddy and figured the more THPers the merrier.

Best course in Iowa. Absolutely love it. It's under new ownership. My understanding is some guy who owns tons of rental property in Ames (home of Iowa State) bought the joint. He pumped up the green fees to $130.00. I'm told he also is no longer holding corporate events out there and he closed the restaurant and the locker room??? I believe snacks and beverages are available in the pro shop. Sounds to me like a recipe to lose money but I think he's trying to make it seem like an exclusive destination course like Kohler. That means the course will be fairly empty and you should have no problem playing 36 holes. I can't do the 12th, but don't let that dictate things. That late in the year the fees are lower ($99 for 18 and $139 for all-day).

Best course in Iowa. Absolutely love it. It's under new ownership. My understanding is some guy who owns tons of rental property in Ames (home of Iowa State) bought the joint. He pumped up the green fees to $130.00. I'm told he also is no longer holding corporate events out there and he closed the restaurant and the locker room??? I believe snacks and beverages are available in the pro shop. Sounds to me like a recipe to lose money but I think he's trying to make it seem like an exclusive destination course like Kohler. That means the course will be fairly empty and you should have no problem playing 36 holes. I can't do the 12th, but don't let that dictate things. That late in the year the fees are lower ($99 for 18 and $139 for all-day).

Yea I think that is what we were seeing, 140 for all day, which if you get in 36 or more then it is easily worth it IMO. I will get in at least 36 and maybe 45 if my swing can hold up haha.

I know we're talking Harvester, but throwing TCI rates out there since they don't advertise these online.

TCI Mondays - Unlimited golf with cart (try for 3 rounds!?) - $59
TCI Tuesdays - 2 rounds with cart and lunch for $69

I know we're talking Harvester, but throwing TCI rates out there since they don't advertise these online.

TCI Mondays - Unlimited golf with cart (try for 3 rounds!?) - $59
TCI Tuesdays - 2 rounds with cart and lunch for $69

Those are some awesome deals! If I could ever get to Des Moines during the week this would be a steal, but unfortunately that probably wont happen anytime soon.

By the way I see Jakenation in here... Maybe him and JJ should make another trip in the Yukon. Blasting 90s jams...

I'd need to do it the weekend of the 11th and 12th if I'm able to at all. I sure would like to make this happen, not 100% sure but it is definitely possible and on the radar!

I'd need to do it the weekend of the 11th and 12th if I'm able to at all. I sure would like to make this happen, not 100% sure but it is definitely possible and on the radar!

We are going to try to accomadate as many as possible which is why I put this out here so far in advance. I would love to have a couple or more foursomes to do this.

We are going to try to accomadate as many as possible which is why I put this out here so far in advance. I would love to have a couple or more foursomes to do this.
Jake, Jesse, Hawk, Taylor. The rest WILL come brotha....oh yes, they WILL come! Haha.

I'll see what happens when I float this by the warden tonight. Wish me luck!

Jake, Jesse, Hawk, Taylor. The rest WILL come brotha....oh yes, they WILL come! Haha.

I'll see what happens when I float this by the warden tonight. Wish me luck!

Hawk has a way with women... If you strike out let him have a go at it :alien:

Maybe you and JJ can roll down in the M3. I need to drive that sucker

I think I'd be able to make the 12th. I have to double check though.

Sounds right up my ally, where do I sign up?

Back