Describe Your Last Birdie

Bombed a drive down the middle as a group was letting me play through. Was left with 122 to the pin. Hit a 50 dgree wedge to 15 feet. Was left with a slightly uphill putt that broke about a foot from left to right and drained it.

Bombed a drive down the middle as a group was letting me play through. Was left with 122 to the pin. Hit a 50 dgree wedge to 15 feet. Was left with a slightly uphill putt that broke about a foot from left to right and drained it.

C’mon, you know no one ever bombs one down the middle while playing through, lol. I’d have believed “topped, skied, hooked, or sliced” much easier:):):)

That’s my experience playing through, always.

C’mon, you know no one ever bombs one down the middle while playing through, lol. I’d have believed “topped, skied, hooked, or sliced” much easier:):):)

That’s my experience playing through, always.

Haha. That is the only reason I mentioned playing through because the tee shot was so unusually good, for me, in that situation.

Had a birdie & an eagle yesterday on the front side.

Birdie was on a par 3, straight away, no real trouble except the green slopes severely from back to front. So you really need to keep the ball below the hole. I hit an. easy 8 iron to about 3 feet, flag high .... the putt was still a testy little curler from left to right but made it.

5 iron about 220 off the tee to the center of the fairway.
54 degree from 119 long and about three yards right, up on top of the slope.
Deceptive slight double breaker down the hill into center cup.

It was very, very enjoyable to watch that one fall.

Oddly enough my last birdie today very closely mimicked this last birdie I had before today. Same hole (390 yard par 4), but without an audience this time, and was once again left with 122 to the pin. Was about 10 yards further right in the fairway today. A little head wind so went with a flighted down PW and hit it to 10 feet of the hole. Straight putt slightly uphill this time and drained it.

#13 at the Pines Course at Fort Walton Beach, Florida. Driver off the tee down the right center with a slight draw. Second shot was a Hybrid 18.5 deg up over the trees to a left green, my ball was in the green side bunker. 54 deg high toe out of the bunker to about 3 feet, putt for birdie.....

My last birdie was in our scramble today on the very last hole we played. 137yd par 3, stuck a 9 iron to about 6 feet and made the putt.

511 yard par 5. Really good drive left 195 from fairway into a back pin. Pushed a 6 iron a touch about 30 feet from the pin just off the green and pitched it to 2 feet for easy birdie.

Had an adventurous bird on the par 5 16th. Terrible drive under a tree. Hit a low 6 iron out but under another tree. Managed a wedge out of the rough around a tree in front to about 12 feet. Made the putt! Haha....golf....

Mine was on a Par 5. My drive was about 10 yards in the right rough with a tree limb I had to hit under in front of me and another tree I needed to clear about 50 yds ahead to get back into the fairway - if I wanted to advance it. I hit a solid 8 iron and it caught the tree 50 yds ahead and got kicked almost all the back to where I hit from, but was in the fairway with a clear shot to the green. Very lucky break. I had 230 to a back pin and hit my 4 hybrid pin high about 20 feet to the left and sank the putt. Was playing a buddy in skins and for dinner/drinks and that put me 4 up and sealed the match :)

Edit; sorry for anyone that saw that, stupid meds messing with me. Thought I had sent a PM to someone. My apologies to anyone that saw that.

Last edited:
Par 3 165 yards. Elevated tee. Pin in the back left behind sand trap. I hit a 5 iron with a slight draw. Ball took 2 bounces and stopped with 2 feet of the pin. Tapped it in for birdie. Home course during Men's Club Tournament,

503 yd par 5 used driver then had to lay up with a 7 iron as it was in to the wind and a river that is front of green. Next hit 54 degree wedge and 1 putt.

Happened today. Par 3, pin was 146 yds according to GPS. There was a NW wind blowing at a good clip. Hit 8i. The ball flight started out right of the pin and then the wind caught it. The ball landed on the left side of the green, pin high. The putt was about 20 ft with a little left to right break. Sank the putt for the birdie.

481 yard Par 5 dog leg left. Hit a good drive left me 238 to the hole. Hit my 4 hybrid right in front of the green side bunker. 37 yards to the pin used a 60 wedge over the bunker left the ball about 18 inches from the pin and made the putt!

Narrow par 4. OB right, heather left. Short though, about 310 to pin with bunkers in front.

Ripped a 3 wood almost into the bunkers in front. Stupid play, really, but fun to try once in a while.
Pin was short side front right, decided to take the high risk flop shot to get it close. Ended up six inches.

Fun. Two stupid high risk shots, but totally fun.

Shorter Par 5.
Driver to the middle of the fairway.
7 iron to greenside.
Chip to 4 feet.
Sink the putt and fist pump.

Last Birdie of the season.

Fairly uneventful yesterday. 310 yard hole pretty straight uphill. Hit a 275 yard drive up the right side which left me a lob wedge in, hit it over the bunker and onto the green about 4’ from the hole and made the putt.

Hole #1 385 yard par 4

Hit drive to left edge of fairway at 102 yards out. Hit a wedge to 4 feet. Made putt.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Left my 15' eagle putt 6" short on #17.

Will always take a bird but would just rather not have it go down like that.

Yesterday Par 5, cool day downwind good tee shot down left side of fairway, 2nd shot 5 iron to 80 yards. Green slopes steep from back to front and pin was about middle, hit 58 degree about 20 feet past pin, rolled back down hill, thought was going to drop for eagle but lipped out ending 3 inches from hole. One handed birdie, just the one we like.

It's been while 8/31/19 at Indian Pond CC. #11 381 par 4. Solid drive left me 115 to a severely raised green. Hit a choked down pw pin high to 4' and sank the putt.

Hole 18, hit a fade drive that caught the bunker. Hit a 7 iron out to 106 yards out in the fairway. Hit my 50 degree wedge about a foot to the right of the pin and spun it right in for a walk off birdie.

Back