Describe Your Last Birdie

12th hole today. A mountain course, this hole is up a mountain. A par 4 rounded dogleg left. I hit a power fade off the tee that tracked around the knee settling in 110 yards from the pin. The pin was back and center. The green is long and heavily sloped right to left. My approach shot landed short and slightly right of the pin leaving a 12 footer that had a 3-foot break left that I holed.

#18, 434 yard uphill par 4. Well, just the drive is uphill. Provided it's hit far enough, the approach into the green would be generally flat.

Breeze in mug, I hit a solid drive leaving 168 to middle pin. Same breeze coming at me, 6-iron seemed like overkill so I firmed a 7-iron.

To my surprise, the ball flew even with the flag (I assumed front 1/3), ballmark 5' left, and settled about 12' from the cup.

Nobody behind me, I DeChambeau'd the HECK OUTTA that read!

Slight break to the right, a touch downhill. Make.

#3 handicap hole that plays like #1.5 to me. I don't birdie it very often at all.

Very solid drive down the middle on a 365 yard par 4. Left with 98 to a front pin and hit a full 58 degree wedge to about 6 feet. Made the putt.

Had another 3 or 4 great looks at birdie, including a 6 footer on 18 for a 69, and missed them all....

458 yard par 4, 2nd shot uphill a little into a decent wind. Not great drive leaving 205 in left rough. Had to hit about a 15 yard draw due to a tree and hit a truly great shot to 8 feet.

#1, 293 par 4, drove to the edge of the green chip to a foot or so, tap in putt.

10th hole on Saturday Morning. Drive down the left side; 109 to the pin, pinched the Gap wedge to the left side of the green and spin to 4ft..made the putt

Hole 17, par 3 playing 178 today. Missed the green pin high left about 25-30 feet to the pin, 58° wedge with a little flop and rolled in. :golf2:

Skipping the boring par 5 ones.

Absolutely hammered a 3 wood down the right side of the hole, leaving 91 yards to a back pin. Perfect 58 degree lands pin high about four feet right, made the putt.

Got it today on the number one HDCP hole on the course, second hole par 4. Had about 8 feet with a slight right to left break. Drained it center cup. Have been putting with the flag in, but I am beginning to think I like the flag out better.

Almost holed out a 5i from 205 this afternoon?

321A2CA5-C9F0-42CF-8DE1-DE8F9E806037.jpeg

B1FF1001-24F0-4953-9CB3-BF96C8752E9B.jpeg

B0782997-976C-487D-B110-FF2B03AC5259.jpeg

What a backdrop!!!

Very likely the best scenery of the year, and temperatures in the 60's to match. Such a good day on course!

Earlier today playing Del Monte in Monterey, the oldest course in the western half of the US. A half decent drive into the fairway, 52 degree wedge to about 4 feet and in. Funnily enough, the last time I played that hole, I chipped in for a birdie, but still lost the hole as one of the other guys holed out from around 70 yards for an eagle LOL.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hit a flop shot over a bunker and stove piped it straight in. It was pretty loud since the flop shot got up to around 25 feet high. And it took a chunk out of the cup lip.

10th hole at Hilaman in Tallahassee. Elevated tee, dog leg right. Hit an ok 3i leaving me 125 to a back pin. Hit a choke down PW left of the flag leaving me ten feet. A little uphill left to right, poured it in for one of two skins on the day, winning me $37.

395 yard par 4

Hit drive to middle of fairway with 110 left.
Hit 48 wedge to 4 feet and made the putt

Par 5 12th hole, slight dog leg right. Hit a nice drive down the middle, but pushed my 2nd shot a bit into the first cut leaving me about 73 yards in. I hit a 60 degree wedge that ended up about 7 feet past the hole on the left. I was able to die the putt for birdie over the edge by about a ball. Just missed birdies on the 14th and 15th holes so it was a nice stretch.

It was a ridiculous up and down on a par 5 that I came up short left on my approach. 35 yard pitch over a deep bunker to a really short sided pin that was well below the top of the bunker. I was amazed I held the green, much less got it close enough for the birdie putt.

370 yard par 4. Good drive that left me with 124 into a little breeze. Flighted down a PW to about 8 feet and drained the putt.

It’s been almost a full month and my clubs haven’t seen the light of day, but I think it was a 7 footer after a nice wedge into a par 4. Hopefully more birdies this Friday as I dust off the clubs for a scramble.

Last birdie came on the 8th hole today. I had a 255 yd drive down the left side of the fairway. Had 145 yds on my approach, took a easy 9i and dropped the ball to 5ft. Uphill putt for birdie.

Short par 4. Hit a great partial sand wedge from about 80 yards. Landed just left of the pin and backed up too far and down a ridge, leaving a 25 foot putt from a lower green tier. One of those instant emotion changes that golf brings out. I went from “it might go it” to “oh crap.” Then I made the putt.

Hole 16: 420 yard par 4, rip a nice fade down the left side about 290 yards. Ball is just in the left rough by a foot. 132 to the pin, hit a nice choked down pitching wedge to 18 inches for a nice tap in.

Back