Describe your last eagle

Beaut of an eagle this past week. Played at Bluejack National, and the 17th is a really short par 4. Hit a nice butter cut that carried the front bunker and ended up about 2 ft for a tap in eagle.

My only eagle came in 1978 on a 476 yard par 5 at Blackhawk GC northwest of Pittsburgh, in our work league. It was my second year of golf. Off the tee, I hit a horrendous push that got to about eight feet off the ground and glanced off the trunk of an oak tree about forty yards out, kickjng it back into a downhill sloping, dry fairway with enough side spin that I got a lot of roll. I figured I was about 230 out to a green that was about ten feet above me, so I hit 3 wood. I caught it nicely, and the ball wound up just off the collar, about ten feet beyond the edge of a bunker. I had a seriously downhill putt to the right of about 25 feet. To this day, I can remember visualizing the line of the putt. I saw that visualization again years later when we bought Tiger Woods golf for a game console. I hit it on the line, and the ball hit the pin squarely and fell in.

I shot a 63 that day. For the rest of that season, the plant guys referred to me as "that guy who eagled and still shot a 63."

500 yard par 5. Decent drive, 5 iron layup to 77 yards, 58 degree wedge in the hole from there.

Drove a 358 yard par 4. Had a 30’ putt and made it for an eagle 2. This is the same hole I holed out from for my other eagle last week.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

earlier this year on a par 5. hit a 335 yard drive and was left with 238yards. hit a 3 Hybrid and landed it 12 feet from the pin. drained it for an eagle.

500 yard par 5. Nailed a driver that appeared it was going to carry the corner of the dogleg but it caught the top of the one lone tree on the corner. Luckily it kicked right instead of stright back which would have put me in the drink. Had a good lie, 210 yards to the pin and numerous very tall trees starting about 30 yards in front of me. Nailed a 5 wood that just did get high enough to carry the tallest tree in my line. Was expecting it to be just short of the elevated green but walked up and it was sitting about a foot and a half from the hole for a tap in eagle. First time in a little over 10 years of playing the course that I hit the green in 2.

Made an eagle on 18 yesterday.
1) Driver mashed right down the middle
2) 7i skank balled off to the right. Ended up in the rough hole high 10 yards off the green.
3) chip in for eagle

520 something on card near 90 degree dogleg requiring very high fast drive to have a chance to get over. Downwind and out of the right he my best drive ever on the hole and road the wind and went 330 according to gps. Hit a PW from 145 from right rough to middle of green and let it release to back pin and made 8 foot eagle putt.

Screenshot_20191014-092246_Golfshot2.jpg
20191013_183706 (3).jpg

Well struck 6-iron I was hoping wouldn't be long. Ended up just right of the pin and an easy 3.5' putt for eagle 3.

My last eagle?

baha
baha
bahahahahahahahaaaaaaa

Man that's a good one.

Par 4 in Kelowna, BC.
Driver to 118 yards, just off the fairway in light rough.
50* gap wedge, 1 small bounce and in the hole for the eagle.

This is the hole I got my first and only (so far) eagle. It's a long Par 5, usually played as the 18th (27 hole golf course). I hit a drive hugging the left and just cleared the bunker. I thought I'd hit my 3 wood and see how close to the green I could get. Absolutely crunched it, an epic looking high draw moving right to left over the 2 bunkers at the green and left me 10-12 feet for Eagle. Drained it. This was also my best round ever, shooting 77. Was 1 over on the back 9 with the eagle. The tee box is actually a bit further to the left on this pic.
1571124787709.png

I had an eagle playing 9 holes this evening. The first hole at the course I played is a par 5 of about 470 yards. I hit a good drive and was just off the fairway, but the ball was sitting up in the rough. My rangefinder said I had 192 to the pin. I hit a 5 iron and executed the shot just as I wanted, a nice draw that rolled to about 3 feet from the hole. I made the putt for eagle.

Short par 5, stripe show driver, 8 iron from 164 to 4 feet and center of the cup eagle.

Strangely my last two have been holeouts from 100+.

Last one was last summer/early fall. I was playing Ashland Brookside. Hole 7 is about a 370 par 4. I blocked the snot out of my ball. I’m in the rough much closer to 8’a FW than 9’s. I also didn’t catch much of the ball so I estimate I’ve got about 150? But really who knows I didn’t use a rangefinder and they don’t make yardage markers from the wrong hole.

Anyways I hit a towering 9i into a little bit of wind. I watch it track right at it but stop. I probably watched for 3-4 seconds of what appeared to be a stopped ball before I walked back to the cart. As I get back to the cart I look back at it and it’s gone. Fell right in there.

That actually completed a lifetime eagle on every hole that nine EXCEPT the two par 3’s.

Four score and seven years ago..... feels like that long...:confused:

Yesterday I hit a good drive on a par five that leaked left into the rough. I had a good lie but there was a tree just in front of the ball that made going for the green "water in front" too risky. I layed up to a measured 104 yards, pulled the 52* and knocked it right in the cup. The ball mark was 6 inches right and just beyond the flag. Backed it up into the hole, it was a bright spot in an otherwise forgettable round.

539 yard par 5, nice tee shot left me just under 200 yards but on a slight downhill lie, hit a nice 5-wood just to help it in the air. Felt great off the club, right at the flag the whole way, landed just over the flag to about 6 feet. Right to left curling putt & fast ..... barely touched it but it went in dead center. Played that hole like I knew what I was doing. (y)

Par 5. Hit a drive then 4h leaving me 65 in. I hit my Sure Out 64* and thought it was going to be a bad shot. I pushed it right and it hit the fringe took hop left took the slope of the green and went in.

Just 3 solid shots. The second shot was the best and then made about a 10 foot putt45F4DF4A-68D8-445E-B26D-4CFE725682E7.png

539 yard par 5, nice tee shot left me just under 200 yards but on a slight downhill lie, hit a nice 5-wood just to help it in the air. Felt great off the club, right at the flag the whole way, landed just over the flag to about 6 feet. Right to left curling putt & fast ..... barely touched it but it went in dead center. Played that hole like I knew what I was doing. (y)
Who was playing along side to verify? Not that you made eagle.... more that you made it look like you knew what you were doing? ;)

Back