Describe Your Perfect Round Of Golf

Mmaynard11

Grandaddy Captain Alumni
Albatross 2024 Club
Reaction score
Handicap
The title says it all. Describe your perfect round of golf. Could be the course, the company or a memorable shot.

Let’s hear it THP...

Give me three amazing friends at a course on the ocean. I'll take great friends over a great score any day of the week.

Sunny day a few "pops" in the cart and on the card
a group of friends/THPers in front and a group behind. Well manicured fairways, tier cut greens, no slow play and decent play from my bag.

Fellowship after the round always makes a good day of golf great.

Perfect round?

Great friends, beautiful course, personal best.

First group out on a summer morning.
Birds chirping, sprinklers spraying.
Good friends on the course, music playing in the cart.
Swinging easy, putts rolling.
Score doesn't matter. The experience matters.

Really any round of golf with THPers.

Early morning, nice breakfast. Hit a warm up bucket, try the putting green. 3 friends, clear sky and freshly mowed grass smell.
Zero pressure, just swinging easy.
Grab a pop at the halfway hut, and finish around lunchtime.

Warm sunny day.

You know that scene in Happy Gilmore where Happy goes to his happy place? And there’s that dude on the tricycle, and the girl in white with a pitcher of beer? Yeah. Lots of ladies dressed like that (inside my head isn’t politically correct and is quite sexist):ROFLMAO: at Augusta National.

Or maybe it involves a golf cart with a new bag on the back loaded with new clubs fitted for me... and a trailer that’s a BBQ grill and it’s serving up the most awesome hot dogs and burgers... ice cold beer... tunes...

Yeah. I kind of like them both.:rockon:

Perfect round?

Great friends, beautiful course, personal best.
...and here I thought you were going to say golfing with me. Haha haha!

First group out on a summer morning.
Birds chirping, sprinklers spraying.
Good friends on the course, music playing in the cart.
Swinging easy, putts rolling.
Score doesn't matter. The experience matters.
Now this we’re thoughts I needed in my mind!

3 hour round with good friends and break 80 and no 3 putts

14 fairways, 18 GIR, par. Good playing partners would make it better.

A round with THPers (someday) on a well manicured course, sunny and no wind. Everything else would be icing on the cake!

Early morning on a warm, clear, calm day with 3 good friends on a beautiful desert course, watching the sunrise as we tee off. Hot weather and ice cold drinks, a leisurely 3 1/2 hour round with nobody ahead of us and nobody behind us, plenty of laughs and trash talk. A good score would be the cherry on top, but doesn't matter as much as the rest.

Ok, here's something that came to me just now while reading @Snowman post...

I was over in Cairo a long time ago and was at the Giza Plateau... and got to watch the sunrise over the pyramids. The experience was awesome. It's amazing what a $10 bribe will get you.

Put a really nice golf course right there at that moment, when the city was still silent, the lights weren't on yet and all that was viewable was the heavens above, add in a few friends, and it would be perfect.

I don't have a bucket list but that would be close to the top if I had one I think.

Birdie or better every par 5, par or better every par 3, then let the rest of the round ride from there.

All about family. It would include playing with my dad, my wife, and her grandpa. Preferably on the ocean, maybe eh, lets say Kiawah Island. 73 degree weather, light breeze, and my first hole in one. Is that too much to ask??

No thats not too much to ask for.(y)

View attachment 8934728

Saturday of the 2018 Morgan Cup was pretty much perfect. Great teammates (@Jimmy3864 @chefkritter) , great competition (@Stryker @Stemmy66) and the most beautiful course I have ever played.

The round I played with the 3 was a close 2nd! @Ottawaclo and I managed to make it for the back 9 with @chefkritter & @Jimmy3864.
View attachment 8934729
Damn that picture is fantastic!
Hey, you could fit in that first part!
Now that’s the way to think. 😂

I really enjoy the three or four boys golf weekends that I do each year where we play lots of golf over 3 or 4 days. I love playing 36(or more) holes a day multiple days in a row and I have enough buddies that also love it that we will do at least two of those marathon golf weekends each summer. We’ve had an annual guys ski weekend for most of the last 19 years and this year we made it our first golf/Phoenix Open/Super Bowl weekend. Now that we are all in our 50’s that ski SB tradition is likely to switch to a golf weekend in Phoenix each year.

We had a big guys marathon golf trip planned for the Masters this year and look forward to it if there is an October Masters.

Vacation golf! Playing with friends on the road. Nothing to do before/after the round except hitting the bar or beach.

Back