Design Your Perfect Wedge

Threw this in the CBX2 thread but this is a better spot.

Exact CBX2 shape from address just a couple % smaller as the face is a bit tall.

Zero offset on all wedges 46-60.

Same length and SW. I want the same swing for all wedges.

CBX2 sole just a bit smaller, and keep the versatility grinds on the 58, and 60, and vsoles on the rest.

Basically extensions of the 585 irons across the board.

Let's say its date night and CBX2 and PM Grind 19 are heading out for a night on the town. They have a bit to drink and end up "partying". Nine months later, a wedge is "launched" that gives the forgiveness and mass of CBX2 with the versatility of the PM Grind 19.

Yeah. Pretty much exactly this. High toe, grooves alllllll the way out there, with the CBX forgiveness.

Mine would have a Vokey M Grind as I believe that is the most versatile grind for me. I would add the ping stuff that makes water not kill spin as I am an all-conditions golfer. I really like the idea of a blue finish of some sort, but the Mizuno is too blue and the Vokey is not blue enough. It would have Project X LZ shaft and a Golf Pride New Decade grip. The face milling would be like TaylorMade's Tour Preferred wedge. I guess the shape would just be traditional Vokey shape as that's what I like.

J15 forging and size/shape
Jaws leading edge (straight ish)
PM Grind full face grooves
TK15 V-sole
The old Vokey oil can finish

The new tm wedges without the face and all in raw. I asked if it was possible to strip the black one to raw and the guy at the shop said no :(

Miura forged with a Titleist SM7 hand grind to eliminate bulk, D Grind with more trailing edge relief and grooves to the toe.

Back