Desperately need help putting.

I practice putting down a yardstick.

I practice putting down a yardstick.
I like this and have done something similar at work with a piece of painters tape on the floor. I don’t own a yardstick

Stroke finally feels repeatable.

Okay, you know I love you and your Cantlayish feet brother, so don't take these thoughts personally. And believe me it kind of hurts me to write anything like this that could sound like a swing critique because there's no right way to do things. Just gonna tell you how things look. (I can't believe I just said that. Nothing is ever how it looks)

You can drill from distances or whatever all day everyday and you'll typically only getting better at what you're already doing. Things can improve, but to a point usually. What I see watching you putt is a lot of things pretty loose. The ball is outside your eyes, you're tall over it (how long is your putter btw?), and you have kind of a very relaxed pendulum stroke with some arc. It doesn't scream precision, visually. You're kind of off it and sweeping out at it. We all have to go with what works for us. I keep the ball outside my eyes too for example, even though instructors hate it. I would love to see you gain a little more structure in your setup and stroke though. I feel like it might help.

Excuse me while I go 🤮 at my internet adviceness now.
That has been my MO on the green, especially now that I have a center shafted putter. Not to worry about twisting the club, and also to make sure, that my stroke is back and through, albeit with relaxed hands. A death grip makes for stress in the arms and shoulders, which makes distance control very difficult. Firm, but relaxed grip makes the stroke smooth, the ball rolls without hopping or skidding, and distance control becomes an expected result.

Back to trying to dial in putting and short game 3x a week for 1 hour before Victory Cup. Short game should be able to travel.

As we get closer and closer to the Victory Cup I feel like I’m getting closer and closer to a solid repeatable putting stroke.

As we get closer and closer to the Victory Cup I feel like I’m getting closer and closer to a solid repeatable putting stroke.

I have a putting rug similar to this and I can get really dialed in ,but I swear ……I just cannot get it to translate to the golf course !

I have a putting rug similar to this and I can get really dialed in ,but I swear ……I just cannot get it to translate to the golf course !
Yeah it’s tough to translate sometimes. Mainly the mat is most helpful for starting the ball on the line I want and dialing in a smooth putting stroke that produces an end over end nice roll.

I’m calling it.

I’m FINALLY done with this thread.

Good riddance!!!!

I’m calling it.

I’m FINALLY done with this thread.

Good riddance!!!!
Glad to see it got you to a better place, those last putts on video looked solid!

Back