CBaker

Winter is coming
Albatross 2024 Club
Reaction score
Handicap
Alright, so I know Destiny 1 was iffy for a lot of people, but hopefully Destiny 2 will fix a lot of the issues and be more enjoyable for more people. Anyone else grabbing it or have it on pre-order? We're under 2 weeks until launch, and I will be playing the crap out of it because for some reason I really enjoy it haha.

Anyways...since clans are going to be a bigger part of this game, if anyone wants to join ours on Xbox One let me know. I'm trying to make it as big as possible and not have to join a completely random one, since the information that is out there makes it seem like you're able to get rewards from combined clan member achievements.

I need to get my preorder in on PS4

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I have never heard of it, but this came up when searching, so that is cool.

141fd7c8-b789-4191-9c45-b188917ac857.jpg

I have never heard of it, but this came up when searching, so that is cool.

141fd7c8-b789-4191-9c45-b188917ac857.jpg

That's what I look like on the inside.

I've been sick for a few days and have had a chance to play a bit. Decent story, natural extension of Destiny 1. I'll reserve judgement until I play a bit more.

My teenage sons promised not to ask for anything else before Christmas. After one's band practice and the other mowed his lawns for the week, they had a Fantasy Football draft at 5:30pm then began playing immediately. The older one even let the younger one finish his draft which is hilarious.

I didn't think they enjoyed the first game all that much but apparently it was a late bloomer. They were all about it... and we almost never by new release games. Well, maybe never...

I've been sick for a few days and have had a chance to play a bit. Decent story, natural extension of Destiny 1. I'll reserve judgement until I play a bit more.

It's really good IMO. The open world sections are nice with all of the different options of things to do.

Im on the hill about getting it. Liked the first one but got played out with the HOURS I put in I should just rent it it to see

It's really good IMO. The open world sections are nice with all of the different options of things to do.

I have noticed the open world sections are great. One of the early quests is broken for me though...

I show up to Derwyn in the EDZ after being told to seek him out and nothing happens. No further step...my son did it and got another step.

I'm enjoying it so far.

I show up to Derwyn in the EDZ after being told to seek him out and nothing happens. No further step...my son did it and got another step.

Oh that's really weird. yea I didn't have a problem with it either

I like it so far. Feels a lot like the first one with some improvements. Only a few missions in so lots to see still.

My son is all in on this one. Even chose playing this over shooting some pool. Teenagers.

I was knee deep in the 1st one. Used to love the Vault of Glass raids. That was an ass kicker. This one seems like it will be better and hopefully have the same quality if not better raids.

I played a LOT of Destiny 1, and am playing a lot of Destiny 2. Destiny 1 had a lot of early issues due to an early release forced by Activision. However by the time the Taken King expansion rolled around, the game was amazing. Fortunately, they didn't start with the same issues in Destiny 2.

You simply can't beat Bungie when it comes to attention to detail. The story is outstanding. The music is the best in the industry. The world and all the art are amazing. The cinematics are beautiful and wonderfully voiced.

There's tons to do in Destiny 2 after you've completed the story, and of course any hardcore player will level up all 3 classes. There's the story, patrols, activities, strikes and PVP. The new raid releases today and I expect it to be fantastic. Like Destiny 1, I'm certain Destiny 2 will also have multiple expansions keeping the content refreshed for at least several years.

I would have a better review if I could wrestle the controller away from my 13 year old

Anyone playing the PC version? I haven't done any serious gaming in years, but this looks fun.

I played the heck out of Destiny and am enjoying Destiny 2 so far. IMO, it takes a lot of what was good about the first one and improves upon a lot of the flaws. Its not perfect by any means but if you enjoy a FPS, is a good one.
I especially like what they did in making the open world aspect bigger, with more stuff to do and that they made the public events easier to participate in.

Destiny 2 is an awesome experience. I do think they made it too easy to get all the gear but these kinds of games will always cater to the casual player.

Also, the prestige raid is awesome. I bet less than 5% of players are capable of beating it before a light level change.

Destiny 2 is an awesome experience. I do think they made it too easy to get all the gear but these kinds of games will always cater to the casual player.

Also, the prestige raid is awesome. I bet less than 5% of players are capable of beating it before a light level change.

True but in the original Destiny people complained that there was too much of a grind to get the best gear. I mean, I played the game almost every day for 2 years and I still never got more than half of the exotics.
I think that they can find a happy medium that keeps the hardcore players happy but still gives the more casual players a chance to experience some of the best gear in the game. Thats why they have events like iron banner and trials of the nine.

True but in the original Destiny people complained that there was too much of a grind to get the best gear. I mean, I played the game almost every day for 2 years and I still never got more than half of the exotics.
I think that they can find a happy medium that keeps the hardcore players happy but still gives the more casual players a chance to experience some of the best gear in the game. Thats why they have events like iron banner and trials of the nine.

That’s more or less my point. The sad part is, most people who have put time into the game have everything and are busy complaining about having nothing to do.

I expect them to launch a ton of content before long. Gotta do something to keep interest.

Back