Detroit Collection - More Golf

JB

Follow @THPGolf on Social Media
Albatross 2024 Club
Staff member
Reaction score
This is a press release

MORE GOLF was founded by veteran putter designer Bruce Sizemore, who’s known for his work at Copper Stix, Sizemore Collection, and SuperStroke. He only made 99 of these Detroit Collection putters to celebrate the launch of his company. Each is a one-of-a-kind piece of art due to its handmade Mokume Gane insert. They start at $2,500 (USD) and come with a complimentary phone consultation. In these calls, customers can talk through their specs with Bruce and add custom touches.

This is a Detroit-based company that’s going to be making some noise in 2020 with its yet to be announced line of modular and 100% billet-milled golf equipment. Here’s the link to the landing page: https://moregolfusa.com/detroit-collection/.

more-putters-1.jpegmore-putters-2.jpegmore-putters-4.jpegmore-putters-9.jpegmore-putters-15.jpegmore-putters-17.jpeg

Detroit based? Huh interesting. Very intricate work there for sure. Personally I can't ever see gaming anything like that nor paying that ridiculous price tag but there is a market for it I guess.

I think I can safely say that I won’t be owning one of those any time soon.

Price is way outside of anything I’d consider paying for. I do think he’ll probably sell them all though. People love a limited edition.

How many people are going to make custom artsy Anser, errr uh Newport putters? This is worse than the Mattress Store explosion of the early 2010's ?

I get the craftsmanship, but to me they look ugly and not worth that type of money

The putter looks amazing with all of the intricate details. But no way I would fork over even close to that amount for something that would very likely result in me still being a mediocre at best putter.

That craftsmanship is pretty amazing but it's not an overall great looking putter in my eyes, at least not for that kind of money.

• Admin
I'll be honest and say I kind of dig the looks.
It actually looks better than the city of Detroit...I kid I kid.

They had me up to the price. Cool look though. I’m going to explore the website

These look fantastic, definitely worthy of the price tag.

Don’t believe I will be purchasing one though.

Didn’t know Bruce was still around.

He definitely doesn’t change his style, these look pretty identical to the old Sizemore stuff, very industrial, lots of hard lines and textures.

Very intricate details on a conventional looking putter. Not something I would game not even taking the price into consideration.

I think I like the looks but would have to see in person...really dig the insert though. Regardless I would not pay that kind of money for any putter unless my household income went up significantly. ;)

Some new sticks are dropping Spring 21. Interesting designs and replaceable faces according to website.

Screenshot_20210326-143035~2.png

Screenshot_20210326-143046~2.png
Screenshot_20210326-143107~2.png
Screenshot_20210326-143122~2.png

Pretty awesome set up. So far out of my budget it’s silly. Will be cool to follow these though.

WOW..if there was something that didn't appeal to my eye, these would be in first place. I'm sorry but a hard no!

The price is high, but I don’t think it’s as high in comparison to the market place as many would think. To get a similar boutique putter with dimascus/timascus inserts would be north of $1,500 for even a basic neck design. Add in the limited edition, and I could be convinced that it is a $2,000 product. I would love to know what people like Olsen are charging these days. When I was shopping one for a project, some companies didn’t even return my call and others gave me production times in a very distant future.

I am not saying that this isn’t high priced, but it is one of a kind, and that is going to cost come money.

Looks = pass
Price = pass x 6
I live in a Detroit suburb and I don't think the connection will help.
"I'm kidding" ....I rest my case.

Back