Scooby45

2021 Morgan Cup - Team Paradise
Albatross 2021 Club
Reaction score
Handicap
Who here is a proud member of the Dew Sweeper Army? Seeing how your approach shot rolls out on the first few greens? Damp toes at the turn, the soft morning sunlight peeking over the trees? Who's preferred tee time are those first few slots in the morning?

Jank

FIGJAM
Albatross 2021 Club
Reaction score
Handicap
FIRs
Sunday dew sweeper checking in. I much prefer teeing off super early (we're usually about 7:30) and still having plenty of time to enjoy the day after the round.

DaveGolfer15

Reaction score
Handicap
5 (WGH)
Who here is a proud member of the Dew Sweeper Army? Seeing how your approach shot rolls out on the first few greens? Damp toes at the turn, the soft morning sunlight peeking over the trees? Who's preferred tee time are those first few slots in the morning?
Absolutely 😊. 7am is my group’s preferred tee time 😊.

Snowman

It's a dry heat!
Albatross 2021 Club
Reaction score
Handicap
GHIN 14.1
Dew sweeper here. 8:00 - 8:30 during the colder months, first light in the hot months. In the summer we're usually teeing off at 6:00 - 6:30, we've had days where we've driven out to the tee box and had to wait until it was light enough to see our shots.

Muzzy

Reaction score
Handicap
6am carry the bag walker here..I show up rain or shine..
I've seen deer, coyotes, and all kinds of critters..
One time a doe wouldn't let me approach a tee box until her two kids crossed the box to go back into the bushes..she stamped her feet until they were safe.

KY Golfer

Team Paradise 2020
Albatross 2021 Club
Reaction score
Handicap
Bourbon
Proud Dew Sweeper here! All of my rounds played at home are 7:15 at the latest. Love beating the crowds and being back home by 11 to have the rest of the day. Travel rounds with other THPers are different of course so everyone doesn't have to get up at 4AM to make a 7AM tee time. Usually play those around 10ish.

gkeller813

#UsDidIt
Albatross 2021 Club
Reaction score
Handicap
Definitely a dew sweeper! I like to call the course, and see how early they'll let us out. I love feeling like we're the only one's on the course. Getting out in the morning, as soon as the sun comes up, just moves my soul. The views in the early morning are amazing, the wildlife is always coming alive for the day. The dew, slight fog over the water. Count me in!

Snowman

It's a dry heat!
Albatross 2021 Club
Reaction score
Handicap
GHIN 14.1
Definitely a dew sweeper! I like to call the course, and see how early they'll let us out. I love feeling like we're the only one's on the course. Getting out in the morning, as soon as the sun comes up, just moves my soul. The views in the early morning are amazing, the wildlife is always coming alive for the day. The dew, slight fog over the water. Count me in!
During the summer we do it as a matter of comfort more than anything else. At 6:00 it can already be 90 degrees and it'll be 100° - 105° by the time we finish. I hate getting up early, but it makes for a more enjoyable round when you're not drowning in your own sweat. :LOL: The tee sheets out here are usually wide open after about 9:00 during the summer months.

Daddio

Albatross 2021 Club
Reaction score
Handicap
I don't get to do it very often anymore so it's a real treat when it happens. Years ago we always had the first 2 or 3 tee times every Sunday. I miss it.

gkeller813

#UsDidIt
Albatross 2021 Club
Reaction score
Handicap
During the summer we do it as a matter of comfort more than anything else. At 6:00 it can already be 90 degrees and it'll be 100° - 105° by the time we finish. I hate getting up early, but it makes for a more enjoyable round when you're not drowning in your own sweat. :LOL: The tee sheets out here are usually wide open after about 9:00 during the summer months.
We usually don't have that kind of heat often, but still, just another reason during the summer months to get out early!

Carolina Dundee

Better to be lucky than good
Albatross 2021 Club
Reaction score
Handicap
In the summer it’s the earlier the better to avoid the heat and the crowds.

when you come off 18 and see a packed place and multiple groups waiting to get out it makes that early morning all the more worth it.

thewilderside

Albatross 2021 Club
Reaction score
Handicap
Definitely a dew sweeper. If the wife's letting me out solo it's going to be early. If I'm playing with someone it's usually a little later to accommodate travel/other people's sleep preferences.

JayB

Reaction score
Handicap
The group I play with has a standing first off time every Sunday. So nice to cruise through a 3 hour round and hit the patio post-round while the club is still serving breakfast....

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Maric

Albatross 2021 Club
Reaction score
Handicap
During the summer months it's either early in the morning or playing on one of the courses close to the ocean in early evening (you also get to tangle with the ocean breeze). I usually opt for early morning since there are less mosquitos around at that time.

Canadan

You Are Great
Albatross 2021 Club
Staff member
Reaction score
Handicap
+
I really enjoy early morning tee times in the summer, but I don't enjoy it during the months where you're basically suffering through temps until it warms up.

Also, I don't enjoy the frustration around securing tee times as of the covid uptick. Two years ago? Give me 7am on a weekend and I am ALL for it.

Desmond

Is it the Score or the Clubs
Albatross 2021 Club
Reaction score
Handicap
<10
I enjoyed dew sweeping time when I had a regular foursome. Finish by 10-10:30 am and then nap :ROFLMAO:.

Now I go for 9 am on the weekends if possible because they give the early tee times to members.

McLovin

feelz good 2 b a Gsta
Albatross 2021 Club
Reaction score
Handicap
i've been taking the earliest tee time available on saturday mornings this year. i usually have to get up at 5, get the body moving, a spot of coffee, and out by 6-6:30 for a tee time anywhere from 7-7:30am. i love it. if i'm lucky and i'm in the first group, we can play quickly, and still have the rest of the day to do family. it also makes me be a little more disciplined in what i decide to do the night before, but i'm pretty damn tired on saturday night.

Snowman

It's a dry heat!
Albatross 2021 Club
Reaction score
Handicap
GHIN 14.1
i've been taking the earliest tee time available on saturday mornings this year. i usually have to get up at 5, get the body moving, a spot of coffee, and out by 6-6:30 for a tee time anywhere from 7-7:30am. i love it. if i'm lucky and i'm in the first group, we can play quickly, and still have the rest of the day to do family. it also makes me be a little more disciplined in what i decide to do the night before, but i'm pretty damn tired on saturday night.
I'm a night owl, so I still end up staying up until midnight or 1:00 am, then hating myself when the alarm goes off in the morning. Fortunately, I can almost always catch a nap when I come home afterward.

Mad_Brad

aka braddman19
Albatross 2021 Club
Reaction score
Handicap
100% my favorite time of day to be out there. Waiting for the mowers to finish up on the greens, and footsteps in the dew.

It is just so calm to be out there so early, absolutely love it.

Snickerdog

Team THP 2019 Grandaddy Alumni
Albatross 2021 Club
Reaction score
Handicap
Earlier the better.. Happy to get a round in and still have the rest of the day for other activities with the family.

McLovin

feelz good 2 b a Gsta
Albatross 2021 Club
Reaction score
Handicap
I'm a night owl, so I still end up staying up until midnight or 1:00 am, then hating myself when the alarm goes off in the morning. Fortunately, I can almost always catch a nap when I come home afterward.
if i'm playing golf, a nap is not in the cards unless i want to take a nap in the doghouse

OldandStiff

Albatross 2021 Club
Reaction score
Handicap
+
Nope. It's a rarity. All those old guys that are there at the asscrack tend to not be my kind of guys. Don't think they've had their bowel movement yet. You disrupt their schedule by a minute and they tend to lose their ****.

JonMA1

Albatross 2021 Club
Reaction score
Handicap
High
The earlier the better. The objective is to beat the slowpokes just heading out by the time I get through the first 9.

tahoebum

Albatross 2021 Club
Reaction score
Handicap
Almost all of my tee times are the first 90 minutes after the course opens. I love finishing a round before 11:00 am and having almost the entire day for other outdoor activities.

Welcome to The Hackers Paradise

Don't just play golf, live it!

Register Log in