Scooby45

Use data, get better.
Albatross 2024 Club
Reaction score
Handicap
10ish
Who here is a proud member of the Dew Sweeper Army? Seeing how your approach shot rolls out on the first few greens? Damp toes at the turn, the soft morning sunlight peeking over the trees? Who's preferred tee time are those first few slots in the morning?

Sunday dew sweeper checking in. I much prefer teeing off super early (we're usually about 7:30) and still having plenty of time to enjoy the day after the round.

Who here is a proud member of the Dew Sweeper Army? Seeing how your approach shot rolls out on the first few greens? Damp toes at the turn, the soft morning sunlight peeking over the trees? Who's preferred tee time are those first few slots in the morning?
Absolutely 😊. 7am is my group’s preferred tee time 😊.

Dew sweeper here. 8:00 - 8:30 during the colder months, first light in the hot months. In the summer we're usually teeing off at 6:00 - 6:30, we've had days where we've driven out to the tee box and had to wait until it was light enough to see our shots.

6am carry the bag walker here..I show up rain or shine..
I've seen deer, coyotes, and all kinds of critters..
One time a doe wouldn't let me approach a tee box until her two kids crossed the box to go back into the bushes..she stamped her feet until they were safe.

Proud Dew Sweeper here! All of my rounds played at home are 7:15 at the latest. Love beating the crowds and being back home by 11 to have the rest of the day. Travel rounds with other THPers are different of course so everyone doesn't have to get up at 4AM to make a 7AM tee time. Usually play those around 10ish.

Definitely a dew sweeper! I like to call the course, and see how early they'll let us out. I love feeling like we're the only one's on the course. Getting out in the morning, as soon as the sun comes up, just moves my soul. The views in the early morning are amazing, the wildlife is always coming alive for the day. The dew, slight fog over the water. Count me in!

Definitely a dew sweeper! I like to call the course, and see how early they'll let us out. I love feeling like we're the only one's on the course. Getting out in the morning, as soon as the sun comes up, just moves my soul. The views in the early morning are amazing, the wildlife is always coming alive for the day. The dew, slight fog over the water. Count me in!
During the summer we do it as a matter of comfort more than anything else. At 6:00 it can already be 90 degrees and it'll be 100° - 105° by the time we finish. I hate getting up early, but it makes for a more enjoyable round when you're not drowning in your own sweat. :LOL: The tee sheets out here are usually wide open after about 9:00 during the summer months.

I don't get to do it very often anymore so it's a real treat when it happens. Years ago we always had the first 2 or 3 tee times every Sunday. I miss it.

During the summer we do it as a matter of comfort more than anything else. At 6:00 it can already be 90 degrees and it'll be 100° - 105° by the time we finish. I hate getting up early, but it makes for a more enjoyable round when you're not drowning in your own sweat. :LOL: The tee sheets out here are usually wide open after about 9:00 during the summer months.
We usually don't have that kind of heat often, but still, just another reason during the summer months to get out early!

In the summer it’s the earlier the better to avoid the heat and the crowds.

when you come off 18 and see a packed place and multiple groups waiting to get out it makes that early morning all the more worth it.

Definitely a dew sweeper. If the wife's letting me out solo it's going to be early. If I'm playing with someone it's usually a little later to accommodate travel/other people's sleep preferences.

The group I play with has a standing first off time every Sunday. So nice to cruise through a 3 hour round and hit the patio post-round while the club is still serving breakfast....

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

During the summer months it's either early in the morning or playing on one of the courses close to the ocean in early evening (you also get to tangle with the ocean breeze). I usually opt for early morning since there are less mosquitos around at that time.

I really enjoy early morning tee times in the summer, but I don't enjoy it during the months where you're basically suffering through temps until it warms up.

Also, I don't enjoy the frustration around securing tee times as of the covid uptick. Two years ago? Give me 7am on a weekend and I am ALL for it.

I enjoyed dew sweeping time when I had a regular foursome. Finish by 10-10:30 am and then nap :ROFLMAO:.

Now I go for 9 am on the weekends if possible because they give the early tee times to members.

i've been taking the earliest tee time available on saturday mornings this year. i usually have to get up at 5, get the body moving, a spot of coffee, and out by 6-6:30 for a tee time anywhere from 7-7:30am. i love it. if i'm lucky and i'm in the first group, we can play quickly, and still have the rest of the day to do family. it also makes me be a little more disciplined in what i decide to do the night before, but i'm pretty damn tired on saturday night.

i've been taking the earliest tee time available on saturday mornings this year. i usually have to get up at 5, get the body moving, a spot of coffee, and out by 6-6:30 for a tee time anywhere from 7-7:30am. i love it. if i'm lucky and i'm in the first group, we can play quickly, and still have the rest of the day to do family. it also makes me be a little more disciplined in what i decide to do the night before, but i'm pretty damn tired on saturday night.
I'm a night owl, so I still end up staying up until midnight or 1:00 am, then hating myself when the alarm goes off in the morning. Fortunately, I can almost always catch a nap when I come home afterward.

100% my favorite time of day to be out there. Waiting for the mowers to finish up on the greens, and footsteps in the dew.

It is just so calm to be out there so early, absolutely love it.

Earlier the better.. Happy to get a round in and still have the rest of the day for other activities with the family.

I'm a night owl, so I still end up staying up until midnight or 1:00 am, then hating myself when the alarm goes off in the morning. Fortunately, I can almost always catch a nap when I come home afterward.

if i'm playing golf, a nap is not in the cards unless i want to take a nap in the doghouse

Nope. It's a rarity. All those old guys that are there at the asscrack tend to not be my kind of guys. Don't think they've had their bowel movement yet. You disrupt their schedule by a minute and they tend to lose their ****.

The earlier the better. The objective is to beat the slowpokes just heading out by the time I get through the first 9.

Almost all of my tee times are the first 90 minutes after the course opens. I love finishing a round before 11:00 am and having almost the entire day for other outdoor activities.

Back