We are always the first or second group out. That's great from mid-May through September, but not so great in April/October.

Just needing to wipe off your club with a dry towel is one of the things I enjoy the most about the early morning time. I can afford good waterproof shoes.

I play in usually one of the first few groups on the weekend.....LOVE IT

Count me in! We do it partly because if you're not one of the first groups out you're in for a 5 hour round. It's also nice to get home at a decent time to hang out with the family. Overall though it's such a nice, peaceful time to be on the course. Early tee times and evening golf are my favorite.

Who here is a proud member of the Dew Sweeper Army? Seeing how your approach shot rolls out on the first few greens? Damp toes at the turn, the soft morning sunlight peeking over the trees? Who's preferred tee time are those first few slots in the morning?
I've been running the North Western Militia for some time now.

But if you've got damp toes...you're doing it wrong lol.

Right now our tee time, Monday, Wednesday and Friday, is 7:58. Around May, when it gets hot we will tee off before 7:00. We're old and don't like humidity!

6 am tee time this Saturday.. I think the temps will be in the low 50s..

All of you are nuts :p

I once played a round at 8:10am or something crazy like that because that's the only time my friend could. Sun was out and I still had wet feet. It was way too early to be doing anything remotely athletic. I didn't play bad and didn't doze off in the cart but I swear I was close.

At one job people would always say "Good Morning" and I'd always say "Hello" back. A coworker once asked why I never said "good morning." I told him "there is no such thing as a good morning. Good starts anytime after lunch."

For background reference I worked 3:00-11:30pm at a TV Station for 10 years, so I guess that's when I grew to be a night owl. All jobs since then with normal business hours have been a struggle haha.

100% my favorite time of day to be out there. Waiting for the mowers to finish up on the greens, and footsteps in the dew.

It is just so calm to be out there so early, absolutely love it.
That's the truth... There's a lot of fun being out there as the sun drops as well, but it's nothing like being one of the first ones on the course.

Absolutely love the early pre 7am tee times. It's the only way I'll play on weekends due to crowds. Something about being one of the first groups out and sipping on coffee is relaxing. Also nice to be home by 11am and have part of the day left.

Love being out there early when it's peaceful & being able to have the rest of the day free. Plus the wife likes to sleep in, so with me out of the house she can.

We play at sunrise Saturday and Sunday. First tee shot is usually just as the sun is peeking over the horizon. Love it.

I am one of the first out typically and can finish 18 in 2-3 hours easily. I love watching the sun rise from the 5th green :p

100% not for me. My body doesn’t wake up until at least 10 am.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Teeing off at 7:20 tomorrow morning! Sun comes up here in North Fl at 6:50 and half hour later we are off! Once it starts getting hot around here that is the only way to go. Come June we tee off before 7am almost every time we play.

7DC918E7-5B45-4711-88F3-B78F167508BB.jpeg

In the warmer weather, I enjoy playing in the morning before work. Then a 7am tee time is fine.

20210426_085419.jpg

Swept some dew this morning. I love being outside walking the course with my clicgear early in the morning. Drinking coffee and enjoying golf with friends with the sun rising is one of my favorite things in the world.

Dew sweeping with @badolds this morning. I need to do this more

200799B9-96F6-4C43-8457-D20FB5B2D396.jpeg

0645 tee times this weekend...

I'll be joining this group starting tomorrow! I'm going to try to play before work every day. Push cart and early morning is new to me...I'm pumped!

My favorite time to play is early in the morning, nothing beats it

Who here is a proud member of the Dew Sweeper Army? Seeing how your approach shot rolls out on the first few greens? Damp toes at the turn, the soft morning sunlight peeking over the trees? Who's preferred tee time are those first few slots in the morning?

If one of the first few times of the day is not available, I don't play golf that day. A 6;30 a.m. tee time is good, but 6:20 is better, , and even better than that is 6;10 etc...

Count me in as a few sweeper. Allows me to enjoy the rest of the day.

All of you are nuts :p

I once played a round at 8:10am or something crazy like that because that's the only time my friend could. Sun was out and I still had wet feet. It was way too early to be doing anything remotely athletic. I didn't play bad and didn't doze off in the cart but I swear I was close.

At one job people would always say "Good Morning" and I'd always say "Hello" back. A coworker once asked why I never said "good morning." I told him "there is no such thing as a good morning. Good starts anytime after lunch."

This is kind of my feeling on it. And I've got kids, who clearly get their sense of 'morning happiness' from their mother. They're up before the sun wanting breakfast and cartoons, and oh hey, can I have animal crackers for breakfast.....and I'm just still laying there preferring not to speak or be spoken to.

Absolutely love the early pre 7am tee times. It's the only way I'll play on weekends due to crowds. Something about being one of the first groups out and sipping on coffee is relaxing. Also nice to be home by 11am and have part of the day left.

Replace coffee with bloody mary.

~Rock

went out at 0645 this morning...even with a walking 4some, i/we got thru 16 in 3hrs or so. only two finished out the 18 but i imagine it didn't take them much longer...

Back