Went full Dew Sweeper yesterday - just your casual 5:30am tee time on a Sunday morning.

Tee shots off #1 were tough to see but by the time we got to 2 tee it was all good.

Two foursomes; we were finished by 9:00am.

I like to go out early and finish before it gets hot. At one course I play on a lot (men's club member) I can go out really early when no one is there, play nine, and pay my fees at the turn.

I like to go out early and finish before it gets hot. At one course I play on a lot (men's club member) I can go out really early when no one is there, play nine, and pay my fees at the turn.
This course is my happy place 😍

Frost delay put a damper on my latest dew sweeping agenda... love the sun glare and fairway path left behind on a good dew sweeping morning.

7:00 tee time, off for a stretch and coffee before getting to works #dewsweeperarmy

Started a round at 7:30 yesterday. It was fantastic. We finished in 3:15 and never saw another soul until we came to 18 which runs beside 9.

We did follow the grounds crew for about 2 holes and they had a kid with an actual dew sweeper. He was knocking dew off the edges of the green after mowing LOL

Yup….Every Saturday and Sunday we have either two or three groups going out at 7 AM first tee times of the day, greens are usually not an issue as they’ve either been cut or rolled or both. The only real hassle is that the fairways are pretty dewey and the rough is very wet because it’s typically pretty thick. Have to have good waterproof shoes.

image.jpg

I've played in the first or second tee time every weekday, weather permitting, for about the last twelve years. It isn't always just dew we have to contend with as each of the four courses I've belonged to in that time tend/tended to water first thing in the morning and three of the four seemed to do it every day!

The first time I got into golf was 30 years ago. Me and my friends would show up without a tee time when its still dark. Just as a little daylight was peeking over the horizon to the east we would ask the group in front if they mind us starting first. They always said no problem because it was not light enough for them.

We'd crouch behind the guy teeing off to track the ball. By the time we got to the second hole it was full light. At the turn we'd go to the club house and pay our fees. Then finish the back nine. By 10:00 we'd be at our favorite little Mexican restaurant eating breakfast. Chile Verde and eggs was my favorite.

Nothing like copper in the early morning lightFB6ED667-B1D8-464C-B00C-09045B337DC8.jpeg

First off this morning. We played 18 in 2.5 hours. I may hate getting up at 5:30 in the morning, but I sure do like being doing playing so quickly.

First off this morning. We played 18 in 2.5 hours. I may hate getting up at 5:30 in the morning, but I sure do like being doing playing so quickly.
We joined a new course this year and are getting the first tee time. Even with cart path only, four of us are playing in about 2:45.

We joined a new course this year and are getting the first tee time. Even with cart path only, four of us are playing in about 2:45.
That is pretty quick! There was just two of us today, but our course is really spread out so it takes a while sometimes to get between holes. Three of us can usually play in about 2 hours and 45 minutes to 3 hours.

That is pretty quick! There was just two of us today, but our course is really spread out so it takes a while sometimes to get between holes. Three of us can usually play in about 2 hours and 45 minutes to 3 hours.
Perfect pace for three in my opinion

The first time I got into golf was 30 years ago. Me and my friends would show up without a tee time when its still dark. Just as a little daylight was peeking over the horizon to the east we would ask the group in front if they mind us starting first. They always said no problem because it was not light enough for them.

We'd crouch behind the guy teeing off to track the ball. By the time we got to the second hole it was full light. At the turn we'd go to the club house and pay our fees. Then finish the back nine. By 10:00 we'd be at our favorite little Mexican restaurant eating breakfast. Chile Verde and eggs was my favorite.

We went off at 5:00am (our usual for Sunday) today. I used a glow ball for the tee shot.

A few pics from Dawn Patrol today:

EA3DB20C-457C-4313-9CD2-D94CD67AF0D0.jpeg657FDD4D-0835-42A7-B4FC-4C9E355B8520.jpegD9D13CBC-C290-4412-BCD3-7220FEB6F43A.jpeg

Let’s see some more pics, Dew Sweepers

Nothing like seeing a fellow dew sweepers line, helping you drain a 12 ft par save 😎

Our group has the first tee time 7 day/week. Definitely dew sweepers. The last 15 years of my career, I spent the weekdays out on the road. We had the first tee time on weekends. Play NASCAR golf! Would be back home by the time the wife was waking up. Worked well. If I'd had to play mid-day... I probably either wouldn't be playing golf or wouldn't have had this lady put up with me for 55 years!!!
Our geezer group plays quick. The course has no issue putting us out first because they know we won't hold anyone up. As other have said, we are done by the time the course gets crowded and by the time summer heat bears down.
If they let us out, we'll play. Over 200 rounds in 2020. Most of us have our own carts with winter covers, etc. Golf is life and life is golf!!!!

Our group has the first tee time 7 day/week. Definitely dew sweepers. The last 15 years of my career, I spent the weekdays out on the road. We had the first tee time on weekends. Play NASCAR golf! Would be back home by the time the wife was waking up. Worked well. If I'd had to play mid-day... I probably either wouldn't be playing golf or wouldn't have had this lady put up with me for 55 years!!!
Our geezer group plays quick. The course has no issue putting us out first because they know we won't hold anyone up. As other have said, we are done by the time the course gets crowded and by the time summer heat bears down.
If they let us out, we'll play. Over 200 rounds in 2020. Most of us have our own carts with winter covers, etc. Golf is life and life is golf!!!!

I relate to so much of this!

I am definitely a few sweeper here in Ga. 7-7:15am every Saturday.
Pretty much zero roll out until the 5-6 hole but not 100% until like hole 12

My usual time is early, definitely dew sweeper. Everything’s wet and rollout is minimal. By the 6th hole I’m usually firing my putt right past the hole. ;)

The 8th hole at my home course faces directly into the sun in the early morning. It's a short but very tight par 3. Since I play solo rounds, there have been many occasions when I've had to listen to where the ball hits to know whether it hit the green or left or right of it.

Back