DFW & Surrounding Area Chat Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
that's a fun track. some mickey mouse greens on a few holes but otherwise pretty solid, IMO.

as for this weekend, I should be able to play. It really depends on how much I cross off the honey-do list between now and then. Lake Arlington could be good if the new greens are in good shape. Or if you guys wanted to come up north I could grab a tee time at Oakmont. We could do two groups if WardF is back in town by then

How much to play your course?

Maybe we could try Lake Arlington, I hear they have new greens?

Played out there last weekend and the new greens are in play...with the exception of #15 which is still playing on a temporary. They are pretty much the same greens they had before, but they actually have grass now. Rolling slow because they aren't mowing them tight yet...so just keep that in mind.

that's a fun track. some mickey mouse greens on a few holes but otherwise pretty solid, IMO.

as for this weekend, I should be able to play. It really depends on how much I cross off the honey-do list between now and then. Lake Arlington could be good if the new greens are in good shape. Or if you guys wanted to come up north I could grab a tee time at Oakmont. We could do two groups if WardF is back in town by then

This would be about as far as I will drive because I have to play get back and shower before the party in the afternoon. I would prefer something closer but will do this if that is the consensus

Im ok with Lake Arlington if everyone else is, its a fun track.

Dang that's even further from me about 50 minutes. I would say of the 2 oakmont sounds better now hahaha

I'd be down to go towards plano too. I don't have schedule restrictions.

Ya I would prefer in an ideal world something in Plano Dallas Frisco Area. Or Flowermound or something maybe in the middle of all of us? With her 21st being that day I can't afford to play for 4 hours and drive an hour each way. Suggestions baldguy?

We could do something in Flowermound/Grapevine area?
- Grapevine
- Tour 18

Coppell?
- Riverchase

or something in the carrolton area
- Coyote Ridge
- Indian Creek

Garland?
- Firewheel
- Sherril Park

or come down to Dallas
- Steven Park

- Grapevine
- Tour 18

Coppell?
- Riverchase

- Coyote Ridge
- Indian Creek

Garland?
- Firewheel
- Sherril Park

or come down to Dallas
- Steven Park
I am in the same boat with plans early evening, but could do one of these. I would also throw in Bridlewood. It is in good shape right now. Or you guys could come out to Eldorado.

This Saturday, I will be playing in the PVGA event.

Couple of other options, Twin Creeks, Frisco Lakes, and Watters Creek.

We could put a few two man teams together for the 15" cup shamble Saturday at Indian creek :)

email_15inHoles.jpg

- Grapevine
- Tour 18

Coppell?
- Riverchase

- Coyote Ridge
- Indian Creek

Garland?
- Firewheel
- Sherril Park

or come down to Dallas
- Steven Park

the only one on that list I'd veto would be firewheel. I've yet to have a good experience there on a weekend. I think Aaron said Tour 18 wasn't in good shape, but the rest of them I'd be fine with. Guest's choice :)

I really don't care guys! I would play El Dorado, Bridlewood if the price is right, Stevens park is always fun. I need a local guy to just pick and get the tee times setup so we can play!!

I'd do that shamble for fun. never tried a giant cup before but hey... I can use all the help I can get :D

Oakmont is off the table for Saturday, unfortunately. They are having the Superintendent's Revenge tournament. 18 holes that play safari style. several par 6 holes... not for the faint of heart (including me) :D

I am very indecisive so someone has to choose!

If we could get 8 guys committed or even 4 the shamble would be a blast I think.. I just don't want odd people out so may be best to stick with a regular course.

I think im going to bow out of this weekend guys, north dallas is a bit far for me with some of the other things I have to do on Saturday. You guys have a good time and Taylor we will get together next time.

I think im going to bow out of this weekend guys, north dallas is a bit far for me with some of the other things I have to do on Saturday. You guys have a good time and Taylor we will get together next time.

We don't have to go to North Dallas buddy.. but I understand.

alright now someone has to make a decision for us

I'm down for whatever. talked to WardF a bit ago and I think he is trying to find us a tee time that isn't outrageously expensive.

BigTex, what would it be for us to come play El Dorado? If we had 4 that would work perfect provided there was an early tee time..

Or we could do this Shamble with the 4 of us. I will let yall figure this out haha

Ok If we can get 4 for the shamble, I can call and try to get us all paired up. Taylor, Me, Baldguy and need one more to commit.

Have 4 spots in the shamble booked for now, can cancel it by Friday if needed. For now we have something ready at least.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back