DFW & Surrounding Area Chat Thread

I tend to go early or late. On Sundays, it is better because no kids at clinics. Sometimes, I just go to the two short game areas, and put some balls down on the larger short game area and hit some balls off the hill. I've been going there since 2008 so I've seen the management changes. The current mgmt is better.
am a bridlewood person, happy to play anytime..just heard a good bit of info, they are adding Trackman Range to the range... will be exciting, adn a great solution...the range is generally incredibly busy on weekends and evenings...and this will definitely be an upgrade!!

am a bridlewood person, happy to play anytime..just heard a good bit of info, they are adding Trackman Range to the range... will be exciting, adn a great solution...the range is generally incredibly busy on weekends and evenings...and this will definitely be an upgrade!!

Thx, now if they offered semi-decent range balls to hit with trackman, that would help.

The ownership of those three courses, Westridge, Bridlewood and Sky Creek Ranch, makes a fortune just off the PLP program! I have heard that, combined, they have something like 2000+ PLP members at $79 per. That is one of the reasons it is so difficult to get on the range.

The ownership of those three courses, Westridge, Bridlewood and Sky Creek Ranch, makes a fortune just off the PLP program! I have heard that, combined, they have something like 2000+ PLP members at $79 per. That is one of the reasons it is so difficult to get on the range.
Yep. Westridge guy here. I go early or not at all. This applies to golf and range.

Good call about asking. I'll still either play league at my home course or somewhere in the metroplex with my regular group on the weekend. This is primarily to get Monday-Thursday twilight golf in.

I also love the short game area at Texas Star. It's probably one of my favorite all the public courses.

The golf boom has had me changing my practice habits. I'll happily drive for a short game practice area that's not crowded and has a lot of space. I don't hit a ton of range balls. But I have found myself going to the range at the course by my office because they have phenomenal turf and it's still in good shape by 5pm.

A lot of the places with practice memberships are on mats a lot or the turf is torn up by early afternoon.

I got the Bear Creek membership just for the twilight. I played on Tuesday. It took exactly 25 minutes from my house in Flower Mound. They were punching fairways on the East Course, so only the West was open. I got on as as single at 5:10. I made it through 14 holes before 'catching the herd'. I had one twosome let me play through early. I played at a very comfortable pace behind a pretty fast twosome.

It was fantastic. I hit played two balls on several holes. I could work on things around the green after a hole. It's been ages (well pre-covid) since I've been a single on a fairly empty golf course.

Totally worth the monthly membership. I WFH 4 days a week. I can hit twilight at least a couple of times a week for less money than I spend on typical weekend round.

Are there any THPers near the Hulen Mall area of Ft. Worth?

Thx, now if they offered semi-decent range balls to hit with trackman, that would help.
golfers...can never make them happy...get decent ones, then you want pro V's then you want cheap... :p

what do you want next unlimited tee times and no one in front of you?

Yep. Westridge guy here. I go early or not at all. This applies to golf and range.
there is zero doubt they are maximizing the memberships...and they sell them to people every time they have someone book a tee time...I have the full membership, and if you dont book tee times 5+ days in advance on teh app...good luck getting a reasonable tee time unless people cancel..whcih generally cancellations you can get a good time too...but you are going to be 4:30 round time...

there is zero doubt they are maximizing the memberships...and they sell them to people every time they have someone book a tee time...I have the full membership, and if you dont book tee times 5+ days in advance on teh app...good luck getting a reasonable tee time unless people cancel..whcih generally cancellations you can get a good time too...but you are going to be 4:30 round time...
Yep. I do the membership too and take full advantage of the advanced booking.

Back