DFW & Surrounding Area Chat Thread

Try Texas Star in the afternoon

That's a great call. I should have checked their website. That's one of my 3 favorite tracks in DFW. And just saw that their prices have remained the same, while everybody else has increased theirs to the same amount as TS.

That's a no brainer decision.

My home course had faired OK through the big freeze. But having played a few other courses the last 2 weeks, I see where some got hit hard. I played Frisco Lakes last weekend and some the fairways in greens were in bad disrepair. I think #16 had 60% of the fairway in the landing area off the tee that was dead.

Part of me understood as it was some brutal weather this winter. But it was a bit of a tough pill to swallow for $79 when I'd played it in MUCH better condition for $50.

But supply and demand. It's pricey to play just about everywhere during the current golf boom.
Played Frisco Lakes last weekend in the heat and some of those fairways and greens were exceptionally rough. Was cart path only that day to boot. Can't knock it too much though since my daughter took me out for an early fathers day since she is out of town at wedding this weekend. Was my first time playing there and I really liked holes 7 and 8. (y)

Played Frisco Lakes last weekend in the heat and some of those fairways and greens were exceptionally rough. Was cart path only that day to boot. Can't knock it too much though since my daughter took me out for an early fathers day since she is out of town at wedding this weekend. Was my first time playing there and I really liked holes 7 and 8. (y)

I think we were out the same day. That cell blew up over Frisco at daybreak and they said it dropped 2 inches on the course. CPO, very hot/humid and a delayed start. (We teed off midday). Long day in the saddle...

7 is a fun hole...It's tempting to go for it on days when the wind isn't howling into you. But it's a really tough shot. And if you lay up, you still have a pretty intimidating shot to an island green.

Idealgolfer.com is running the Cowboys special again in case anyone is interested :)

giphy.gif

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

It’s official… house in CO is under contract… movers from 22nd thru 24th… heading to DFW either the 25th or 26th!! Looking forward to playing some golf with you’all!!

Man, I totally forgot this thread existed. Will keep track of it now that it seems like we'll be here a few times a year or more. Would be nice to meet a couple

The number of open tee times this weekend was astounding to me compared to the scene at home, btw. Couldn't believe it.

It’s official… house in CO is under contract… movers from 22nd thru 24th… heading to DFW either the 25th or 26th!! Looking forward to playing some golf with you’all!!

@chasDog & I always looking for others to join us. Our boy @cwmonroe87 is moving out of the great state of Texas so need some new blood now to join up. Let us know.
Man, I totally forgot this thread existed. Will keep track of it now that it seems like we'll be here a few times a year or more. Would be nice to meet a couple

The number of open tee times this weekend was astounding to me compared to the scene at home, btw. Couldn't believe it.
I’ve been here on THP now for 10 years, lol. #CMonMan 😂

I'm always open to play some different tracks and meet some other golfers in the area.

So I’m here this week and next doing some house hunting. All I can see and focus on are the golf courses everywhere.

So I’m here this week and next doing some house hunting. All I can see and focus on are the golf courses everywhere.

Yes, we have a few.

Speaking of….we need to get a round or 2 in before Barton Creek in September!
I'd be down to get some rounds in with you all before we get to Barton. (y)

Housing market is kinda crazy!

Back