DFW & Surrounding Area Chat Thread

I heard Twin Creeks and Trails of Frisco closed due to proximity violations. Also heard Hurricane Creek closed but don’t know why.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Frisco closed all courses a few days ago.

Proximity violations?

Less than 6’ separation. My guess it was guys hanging out talking and being too close.

Less than 6’ separation. My guess it was guys hanging out talking and being too close.

Wow.

The head pro at my club said an assistant Fire Marshall showed up and was checking on this very thing at my club (Eldorado)

Dallas County Courses opened.....Collin have not

That's a shame. With golf options limited, you think guys would go overboard to not eff this up.

Denton County courses closed.

I played in McKinney earlier this week and was going to play tomorrow in Tarrant county. I've hard from both courses that we absolutely need to maintain social distances. Residents are calling to complain and they will get shut down if golfers don't comply.

I worry things may be shut down within a week or so across the metroplex. While golf can be played with social distancing, non-golfers have a hard time with it being considered 'essential' when so many other recreational activities are shut down.

Though Judge Jenkins laying off the golf restriction is huge. He has been the most restrictive of the 4 county judges.

Our course is still open, but no guests are allowed. Plus, the old people who live around the course sit out on their porches with their phones so they can report people who they think aren't social distancing. What a crock of crap.
I just ordered a skytrack just in case they close the course. Hopefully it won't come to that.

You never know how it goes, All playgrounds were closed and someone could have complained that golf courses were still open, running through thier back yards when Jonny and his mom had nowhere to go play. I played Golf Club of Dallas Yesterday and We all had separate carts.

You never know how it goes, All playgrounds were closed and someone could have complained that golf courses were still open, running through thier back yards when Jonny and his mom had nowhere to go play. I played Golf Club of Dallas Yesterday and We all had separate carts.

I completely feel like that's what it is. People hate the idea that they can't do their regular activities. And they watch a parade of golfers go by all day and get salty about it.

Denton County closed down the Golf Clubs at the Tribute through the end of this month.

This doesn’t look good

Well, he won't be getting my vote next time... long memory when it comes to fooling with golf if courses take all precautions.

And yet he want to close golf course but there are still parks where walk are walking and jogging that put them in closer proximity to others than golf does. Complete BS

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

But yet courses remain open. Either shut em all down or keep em open.

This may or may not affect my Saturday game, "This Week" all depends on the mandating closure date....

Also heard Hurricane Creek closed but don’t know why.

Hurricane Creek shut down golf operations as of last Wednesday night. Thursday morning they reopened as a recreational park where members can come walk. Members are welcome to golf while they walk if they choose. Using 10 minute intervals instead of the usual 7 minutes to help with social distancing. As of last week this was all blessed and approved by the Collin County Fire Marshall. I guess we'll see what happens next.

And yet he want to close golf course but there are still parks where walk are walking and jogging that put them in closer proximity to others than golf does. Complete BS

I agree. If they do close them down someone (maybe Club Corp?) needs to sue and have them explain in court why trails are still open.

Well, he won't be getting my vote next time... long memory when it comes to fooling with golf if courses take all precautions.

I'm with you. I think he's been a complete doofus through this thing (even beyond golf). He will receive no more votes from me.

I agree. Golf is a recreational activity that can be done with minimal social distancing. The courses that have remained open have put in pretty strict social distancing guidelines as outlined by the UJSGA.

I played yesterday and didn't get within 6 feet of anybody, paid with Apple Pay and saw less people than I did at the grocery store.

Okay, anyone else notice something odd happened today after that article came out - the one about Abbott clarifying that golf courses aren’t essential and are ordered to close? There must have been some secondary communication that went out as well that provided clarity to non-public courses because all the sudden I got flooded with emails from every local course with nearly the same message - that they’re open with social distancing restrictions, have to pay electronically in advance, no walk ups, and carts limited to 1 person, etc. All day I was bracing for an email from Hurricane Creek saying they were shutting down, but the email I got said they’re reopening golf operations and we can use carts (1 person each) again if we want. I’m scratching my head trying to figure out what happened. But I’m not going to question it too much. My “new” irons came in from CPO today and I have a tee time tomorrow! Probably still going to walk though. My lazy butt needs some exercise.

I have a 10 am on Saturday and hope like hell the rain holds off, no way i can get out tomorrow

Back