DFW & Surrounding Area Chat Thread

Okay, anyone else notice something odd happened today after that article came out - the one about Abbott clarifying that golf courses aren’t essential and are ordered to close? There must have been some secondary communication that went out as well that provided clarity to non-public courses because all the sudden I got flooded with emails from every local course with nearly the same message - that they’re open with social distancing restrictions, have to pay electronically in advance, no walk ups, and carts limited to 1 person, etc. All day I was bracing for an email from Hurricane Creek saying they were shutting down, but the email I got said they’re reopening golf operations and we can use carts (1 person each) again if we want. I’m scratching my head trying to figure out what happened. But I’m not going to question it too much. My “new” irons came in from CPO today and I have a tee time tomorrow! Probably still going to walk though. My lazy butt needs some exercise.

Good to hear they opened back up. Guarantee all the people bitching are the ones who live on golf courses and are pissed some people get to enjoy their hobby while they are stuck at home with their families.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Okay, anyone else notice something odd happened today after that article came out - the one about Abbott clarifying that golf courses aren’t essential and are ordered to close? There must have been some secondary communication that went out as well that provided clarity to non-public courses because all the sudden I got flooded with emails from every local course with nearly the same message - that they’re open with social distancing restrictions, have to pay electronically in advance, no walk ups, and carts limited to 1 person, etc. All day I was bracing for an email from Hurricane Creek saying they were shutting down, but the email I got said they’re reopening golf operations and we can use carts (1 person each) again if we want. I’m scratching my head trying to figure out what happened. But I’m not going to question it too much. My “new” irons came in from CPO today and I have a tee time tomorrow! Probably still going to walk though. My lazy butt needs some exercise.

I got a buddy who said that he got an email from Cowboys saying that. I'm seriously thinking about joining their monthly program. It's the closes public course to me that's still open. Too pricey to pay the rack rate, but can play after 3:00 for a reasonable price. Just want to be sure they allow walking.

Have a new push cart arriving and am fine walking if they allow it.

I have a tee time Sunday at Sky Creek Ranch...hopefully they will still be open...

I got a buddy who said that he got an email from Cowboys saying that. I'm seriously thinking about joining their monthly program. It's the closes public course to me that's still open. Too pricey to pay the rack rate, but can play after 3:00 for a reasonable price. Just want to be sure they allow walking.

Have a new push cart arriving and am fine walking if they allow it.

I have a tee time Sunday at Sky Creek Ranch...hopefully they will still be open...

Yeah, I got the emails from Cowboys and the other local Arcis courses (Plantation and Twin Creeks) all saying the same thing - Come play!!

I’ve never played Sky Creek Ranch, but they’re owned by the same group that owns WestRidge and Bridlewood, and I’ve gotten emails from both of them talking about being open, same as the others. Looks like you should be good to go for Easter Sunday. Hit ‘em straight!!

morning news said that Dallas City was closing all parks and courses throughout he holiday weekend starting at midnight tonight. But that is only Dallas. Not county

Yeah, I got the emails from Cowboys and the other local Arcis courses (Plantation and Twin Creeks) all saying the same thing - Come play!!

I’ve never played Sky Creek Ranch, but they’re owned by the same group that owns WestRidge and Bridlewood, and I’ve gotten emails from both of them talking about being open, same as the others. Looks like you should be good to go for Easter Sunday. Hit ‘em straight!!

I played Westridge on Wednesday and it's still open. B-wood is my home course, but Denton county laid down the hammer and they've been closed for a couple of weeks.

Looks like the rain my end early Sunday morning. It'll be soggy, but that's fine. I'm getting anything I can get in just in case it shuts down...

Good news

Thx - I sent the link and text to my local golf course.

Good luck, I hope they take it into account.

I'm in Denton county and the judge has been a stickler about it despite the other metroplex counties letting courses be open. It almost seems like it it's a city by city thing.

I played in Keller this weekend. They had gone to check-in by phone and had signs advising golfers that the City of Keller has warned them they will be shut down if golfers don't observe social distancing. The range is closed. It's literally check-in, play and get out. It seemed like everyone was complying.

Played Prairie Lakes Saturday until the lightning hit. Range closed, Everyone had to come in the front door, exit the back towards the tee. Had to wait only 3 allowed in the ProShop at a time. Could not check in until 30 min prior to tee time. Tee times 15 min apart to keep groups from clumping.

I'm in Denton county and the judge has been a stickler about it despite the other metroplex counties letting courses be open. It almost seems like it it's a city by city thing.

I played in Keller this weekend. They had gone to check-in by phone and had signs advising golfers that the City of Keller has warned them they will be shut down if golfers don't observe social distancing. The range is closed. It's literally check-in, play and get out. It seemed like everyone was complying.
I am also in Denton County ... need to go towards Tarrant County to play.

Good news

Well this all explains what I was confused about a few days ago. Abbott made noises like all golf courses were going to shut down and then almost immediately my home course seemingly-inexplicably loosened up a little bit (started allowing carts again - single rider only, whereas we had been walkers only for a week or so).

Yes!

This is like 5 minutes from my house.

Thought it would be back to Los Colinas since it's near the heart of Dallas and near Ft Worth. But pros do not like the course. Haven't heard feedback on Craig Ranch other than it is difficult. This will be interesting to see how they handle large crowds next year if we have a vaccine...

The Golf Clubs at The Tribute are open for members only. Walk or use your own cart on cart paths only. No practice areas are open.

Yes!

This is like 5 minutes from my house.

That’s crazy... my wife and I used to live at the apartments across the street from there. Really miss that place.

Thought it would be back to Los Colinas since it's near the heart of Dallas and near Ft Worth. But pros do not like the course. Haven't heard feedback on Craig Ranch other than it is difficult. This will be interesting to see how they handle large crowds next year if we have a vaccine...
Its not that hard, got to play it quite a bit, the asst pro lived in the apartments across the street where I did. The only thing that’s really going to suck is the extreme lack of parking around there.

To be fair FW already has the Colonial.

To be fair FW already has the Colonial.

I liked everything about the Nelson except the course ... they rehabbed the 4 Seasons Course durring the great recession and did not have the money to do a full re-design. DA Weibring did a good job on drainage and redesigning the areas around the greens and improving some lines, but it was not enough for Pros, who did not like the course. It has become just another ho-hum stop on the tour without a great field. The families of Tour Pros loved the 4 Seasons and the nearby sightseeing.

Hopefully, Craig Ranch is a more pleasing layout although Frisco is not Dallas, which has grown more iinterestiing in the last 10 years - good luck with the traffic if you live in Frisco. I guess they will find areas to park people and bus the people in.

I am sure there are plenty of somewheres in Frisco Plano area around Craig Ranch for parking. I mean for the Las Colinas location they were parking at the old Cowboy stadium. With craig ranch being right on 121....I would have to believe the Red Pants already have parking under contract or very close to tied up....

I am sure there are plenty of somewheres in Frisco Plano area around Craig Ranch for parking. I mean for the Las Colinas location they were parking at the old Cowboy stadium. With craig ranch being right on 121....I would have to believe the Red Pants already have parking under contract or very close to tied up....
Yes, Texas Stadium was a nice setup and close to the course. Hopefully, Craig Ranch is the same. I'm only 25 min away so it will be interesting to see how it works.

As I, 380 corridor near the NDT. I generally work the tournament aa a scorer

A red pants friend of mine told me that they felt the new epi-center of the Metroplex was West Plano/Frisco/Prosper and this would create the right draw versus revisiting the Colleyville/Southlake/Coppell/Grapevine spectator base. Needless to say, both geographies abandoned them during the Trinity Forest fiasco. The whole TF thing was AT&T’s doing and they quickly realized it was a mistake.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

A red pants friend of mine told me that they felt the new epi-center of the Metroplex was West Plano/Frisco/Prosper and this would create the right draw versus revisiting the Colleyville/Southlake/Coppell/Grapevine spectator base. Needless to say, both geographies abandoned them during the Trinity Forest fiasco. The whole TF thing was AT&T’s doing and they quickly realized it was a mistake.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I hear ya, I played TF and it was fun, but not really a place i would frequent. With the Boys already in Frisco, The PGA coming, it was a smart move for sure

Just got an email from Bridlewood that they're open again. That's great news for you Denton County folks!

I live not far from there, but I've never had the opportunity to play Craig Ranch. I need to resolve that one of these days.

Back