DFW & Surrounding Area Chat Thread

It is sure crazy. No pipe issues but now over 60 hours without power. Plus I manage 150 center around the state and several have busted pipes. Been busy and it will only get worse when pipes start thawing out.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

This happened to the homebuilders association of Dallas building. Same thing as my club. Fire sprinklers froze and burst. There was also an empty daycare center next to. The grocery store I went to today that had the same thing. Two cops were trying to get in to stop it.

37b901fb10fd9ee5c5a1fb8fde4eaf1b.jpg

lot of casualty due to this storm... hope everyone is ok!

Depending on what weather is like next week, any DFW area THP'ers wanna get a round in somewhere?

Would really like to try out Stevens Park, have heard good things about that course.

Burning some time from work before I lose it and on staycation next week. :cool:

Anyone ever venture out to SugarTree in Lipan? Is it any good?

Anyone ever venture out to SugarTree in Lipan? Is it any good?
Sugartree is excellent. Not like most North Texas / DFW courses, more hill country. Not a long course, but still has lots of challenge. Great people running the place too.

Enjoy!!!

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

Depending on what weather is like next week, any DFW area THP'ers wanna get a round in somewhere?

Would really like to try out Stevens Park, have heard good things about that course.

Burning some time from work before I lose it and on staycation next week. :cool:

I won’t have any time but Stevens is one of my favorites. Make sure you can get a tee time before you go as it is usually crowded.

Last edited:
Gentlemen (least most of you here are........)

@cwmonroe87 @chasDog & myself will be playing Texas Star this Saturday (April 4th) at 9:10am. We have a 4th spot open if anyone is interested in playing with the Super Star and Rock Star of the area (that's Chris & Chuck if you didn't know). Green fee is $79 plus tax. Guaranteed to laugh at least 10 times, watch Chris hit it into a hazard at least twice and witness Chuck hit every fairway w/ his 230 yard driver. Tunes will probably be played & a Titos will probably be had by the back 9 (Go Go Juice). Lies will be told & maybe, just maybe a few good golf shots will be hit.

Who's in?!?

I had a good lesson and repoire from Bob Nied at PGA superstore. He also instructs at Watters Creek in Plano.
My son has taken lessons him and really likes him

It would be good to get intel on the course conditions at various courses after the brutal weather in February. I know my home courses, Old American and The Tribute, are having some parts of the courses that may have freeze damage. Hoping the warmer weather helps with the recovery.

Gentlemen (least most of you here are........)

@cwmonroe87 @chasDog & myself will be playing Texas Star this Saturday (April 4th) at 9:10am. We have a 4th spot open if anyone is interested in playing with the Super Star and Rock Star of the area (that's Chris & Chuck if you didn't know). Green fee is $79 plus tax. Guaranteed to laugh at least 10 times, watch Chris hit it into a hazard at least twice and witness Chuck hit every fairway w/ his 230 yard driver. Tunes will probably be played & a Titos will probably be had by the back 9 (Go Go Juice). Lies will be told & maybe, just maybe a few good golf shots will be hit.

Who's in?!?

Don’t be skerd.......gotta know by tomorrow AM or dumping!!

I’ve played the Resort and Hawks Creek in the last month and they were OK for the weather we have had. Played Lake Cliff in Spicewood a couple of times last month too. I have been getting out more lately as I have a trip planned to Payne’s Valley in late May.

I’ve played the Resort and Hawks Creek in the last month and they were OK for the weather we have had. Played Lake Cliff in Spicewood a couple of times last month too. I have been getting out more lately as I have a trip planned to Payne’s Valley in late May.

Hawks is one of my favorite DFW courses. Sure, there are nicer locations in terms of conditions....but the staff, course, value, layout and the AFB right next door make this a great time.

You ever played Split Rail in Aledo? Playing a scramble there Thursday, great course last time I was there.

Hawks is one of my favorite DFW courses. Sure, there are nicer locations in terms of conditions....but the staff, course, value, layout and the AFB right next door make this a great time.

You ever played Split Rail in Aledo? Playing a scramble there Thursday, great course last time I was there.

It has been a while since I made it out to Split Rail. It was fun watching some F-16’s playing around while at Hawks. One was painted in Texas colors but I did not get my phone in time to get a picture.

Played Turtle Hill today. Pretty wet and the greens were slow and bumpy.

It has been a while since I made it out to Split Rail. It was fun watching some F-16’s playing around while at Hawks. One was painted in Texas colors but I did not get my phone in time to get a picture.

Turtle Hill up in Muenster...ain't played there in years...and it was a blur since we did an overnighter at the cabins onsite, with copious amounts of whiskey, vodka and beer.

The signature downhill par 3 (I think...) comes to mind, but otherwise I don't remember much of the place.

I played Hawks Creek a couple times back in 2009 when I was doing in internship in Arlington. My dad's cousin was teaching lessons there at the time and I went and played with him. As you said it's pretty cool playing with the jets flying in and out.

Turtle Hill up in Muenster...ain't played there in years...and it was a blur since we did an overnighter at the cabins onsite, with copious amounts of whiskey, vodka and beer.

The signature downhill par 3 (I think...) comes to mind, but otherwise I don't remember much of the place.

Yep the Cliff par 3 is neat. The 17th, 290 par 4 is a challenge due to the trees in the middle of the fairway dogleg right hole. It has a very big ridge in the middle of the green also. The hogs have had a field day out there on a few holes. It is just an old country course with heavy traffic.

I just moved out of Dallas in February and I just discoverd this site this week. But I lived near Stevens, and it is a great course! Not very long, but pretty tight. Was a good challenge for me.

Back