DFW & Surrounding Area Chat Thread

First.

Hey, is anyone playing early Monday morning. Wife just said we might be headed down to the area tomorrow.

1858484c2b3d870ddb6ebb0af300c0f4.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Any recommendations for an instructor ideally in the Plano/Richardson area? I'm willing to drive a bit though. Thanks!

Any recommendations for an instructor ideally in the Plano/Richardson area? I'm willing to drive a bit though. Thanks!
I had a good lesson and repoire from Bob Nied at PGA superstore. He also instructs at Watters Creek in Plano.

I had a video swing analysis done by James Parker in Frisco. I liked what I heard from him and the tips and instruction he gave me. I don't know what a series of lessons would be like but you can research his blog here to see if he would be a fit:

Played Champions Circle yesterday. It is good shape and they have added two par 3’, extended #9 slightly and turned it into a par 5. They eliminated holes 2&3. You now start on the old #10. 1&2 are now 17&18. I don’t like how you finish on those two now as you can’t tee off on 18 until the group in front of you finishes 18 because you must double back towards the tee box to leave and the hole is only 299 from the whites. They need to spend the money and build a bridge across the creek so this does not happen. It will the eliminate you having to drive across the parking lot to get to 17. Other than that I like the new changes.

Looks like we’re moving to FW! Just hired to a new position out there. Where are folks playing on the west side? Are push carts ok/popular? Can you play year round?

Looks like we’re moving to FW! Just hired to a new position out there. Where are folks playing on the west side? Are push carts ok/popular? Can you play year round?

Can play generally year around......what's a push cart? Lol

Seriously you can but I rarely see walkers....i haven't walked for golf since high school.

Depends where you live. Many choice anywhere in the metroplex.

Going to come down for a fitting at Artisan soonish, would love to see some of the old crew...

Quite a few great places out west but west is a big piece of dirt.
Depending on where you’re at, you’ll either see a bunch of walkers or none. My course had more walkers but going semi-private the carters are more prominent.
It drizzled rain & 45 degrees today, I played.

Going to come down for a fitting at Artisan soonish, would love to see some of the old crew...
Some fantastic looking putters there. Bit pricey, but nice looking.

Got a time frame?

Should know in the next few, need to look at the long term forecast hahaha
Definitely needs to be considered this time of year.

Back