DFW & Surrounding Area Chat Thread

Does anyone have an instructor they can recommend around Frisco/McKinney/Allen area? My guy moved and I am looking for a new instructor and figured this would be as good a place as anywhere else to get suggestions. TIA.

Does anyone have an instructor they can recommend around Frisco/McKinney/Allen area? My guy moved and I am looking for a new instructor and figured this would be as good a place as anywhere else to get suggestions. TIA.
If you’re willing to go a little bit further north to Prosper, Brent at Gentle Creek I highly recommend. I know @tomcat & @cwmonroe87 along with myself have used on a regular basis.

If you’re willing to go a little bit further north to Prosper, Brent at Gentle Creek I highly recommend. I know @tomcat & @cwmonroe87 along with myself have used on a regular basis.

Thanks for the suggestion. I will check him out after after my shoulder heals in a week or two.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Highly recommend Brent. He's great to work with.

Play Squaw Valley on Saturday. Course is in good shape. Greens a little slow.
cc218cb4320b8a95084f3ed6e2380576.jpg

The governor's new announcment doesn't go to 'shelter in place', but says only 'essential services' can be open. Arizona listed golf as 'essential'. I'm not too hopeful it'll be that way in Texas.....

I hope they don’t close the golf courses. If they do some of them may not survive it if it is an extended time. At least I have Skytrak to keep me entertained.

OKC closed their courses, but surrounding areas did not.

OKC closed their courses, but surrounding areas did not.

I actually hit balls at Winstar's Golf course on my way back to Dallas last weekend. It was nearly empty on a Saturday afternoon. If push came to shove, I may go up there and play if things shut down here.

The two times I played last week, everybody did a great job with social distancing. Limited number of people in the pro shop, sanitizer when you paid, employees wore gloves. Almost everybody was walking (on a course that doesn't normally let people walk).

But I also understand that some people ruin it for everybody. There are still some people who will want to gather in the parking lot for an impromptu gathering afterward (saw a group doing that last week).

I actually hit balls at Winstar's Golf course on my way back to Dallas last weekend. It was nearly empty on a Saturday afternoon. If push came to shove, I may go up there and play if things shut down here.

The two times I played last week, everybody did a great job with social distancing. Limited number of people in the pro shop, sanitizer when you paid, employees wore gloves. Almost everybody was walking (on a course that doesn't normally let people walk).

But I also understand that some people ruin it for everybody. There are still some people who will want to gather in the parking lot for an impromptu gathering afterward (saw a group doing that last week).
If you plan a round at Winstar, post up here...and/or may me. I may be up for a trip down there.

Fort Worth city course still open, only one person in the clubhouse to pay, no flags and only walking allowed

Yea, don't get it. City trails are still open but they shut down the courses. You could call ahead and pay over the phone. Go from car to 1st tee. Walk 18 and never get close to anyone. Head back to the car. But meanwhile the trails are packed with people but are considered safe. Makes no sense.

Yea, don't get it. City trails are still open but they shut down the courses. You could call ahead and pay over the phone. Go from car to 1st tee. Walk 18 and never get close to anyone. Head back to the car. But meanwhile the trails are packed with people but are considered safe. Makes no sense.

Right

If you plan a round at Winstar, post up here...and/or may me. I may be up for a trip down there.

I heard from someone that Winstar is shutting down effective tomorrow...

Same here. The path around Lake Hefner is packed with people running, walking, biking, etc., but the course right next to the lake that also borders the path is closed. Make zero sense.

I heard Twin Creeks and Trails of Frisco closed due to proximity violations. Also heard Hurricane Creek closed but don’t know why.

I heard Twin Creeks and Trails of Frisco closed due to proximity violations. Also heard Hurricane Creek closed but don’t know why.

Proximity violations?

Back