DFW & Surrounding Area Chat Thread

okay, who has an "in" and can we just meet there one day for a foursome ?

Last edited:
A red pants friend of mine told me that they felt the new epi-center of the Metroplex was West Plano/Frisco/Prosper and this would create the right draw versus revisiting the Colleyville/Southlake/Coppell/Grapevine spectator base. Needless to say, both geographies abandoned them during the Trinity Forest fiasco. The whole TF thing was AT&T’s doing and they quickly realized it was a mistake.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

The nice thing about Los Colinas is you drew from mid-cities, metro Dallas and northern suburbs pretty equally. While they are now in a hub of the fastest growing area, the new area is a haul for a lot of the metroplex.

That TF fiasco was a disaster that everybody saw coming. I can't believe it even made it off the drawing board. And you have to wonder for the future of that course. The major draw was it hosted a major tourney. IIRC, their initiation fees put them in stiff competition with a lot of established high-end clubs. Not sure what their appeal is going to be now...

The nice thing about Los Colinas is you drew from mid-cities, metro Dallas and northern suburbs pretty equally. While they are now in a hub of the fastest growing area, the new area is a haul for a lot of the metroplex.

That TF fiasco was a disaster that everybody saw coming. I can't believe it even made it off the drawing board. And you have to wonder for the future of that course. The major draw was it hosted a major tourney. IIRC, their initiation fees put them in stiff competition with a lot of established high-end clubs. Not sure what their appeal is going to be now...
The only appeal may be no one else plays it.... ouch. Home to SMU Mustangs Golf Team ... oy.

I loved TF as a golf course but I’d never go watch a tournament there. It’s so cool to play, if you’re into links courses.
Initiation comes down a fair bit, I’d do it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

When I lived in the area we were in Southlake and it was an easy visit. Even at LC though I was surprised how easy of a ticket it was to acquire. I had a red pants guys on my team and the deal is they have to sell so many tickets or buy them themselves so they were constantly giving them away. I typically would go over to someone’s booth on Thursday or Friday for lunch and a drink, watch a hole or two then hit the road.

Played Champions Circle yesterday. Surprisingly hard pan right now. Did see they are building what looks like a Top Golf Center next door.

Played Champions Circle yesterday. Surprisingly hard pan right now. Did see they are building what looks like a Top Golf Center next door.

Champion Circle's permanent setting is 'hard pan'.

bf1e4be8cbfcbd52973e5b1aea8b6cdb.jpg

Fort Worth

Played Irving Golf Club today. Haven’t played there in forever because it sucked before. They have put some money in it and it was decent today. The finishing hole does not make much since to me, a short par three. There is a Creek in front of it so there is some danger.

Played for the first time in months at Rockwood in Ft Worth - great conditions, if a little wet ... good drainage.

Playing Frisco Lakes tomorrow. Any input?

This thread still exists....? I kid, I kid.

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

Funny.....was about to say the same to you posting!
Is this where I post that one picture that I posted a loooong time back? Get some rest champ, see ya in the morn.

Is this where I post that one picture that I posted a loooong time back? Get some rest champ, see ya in the morn.

No rain dancing tonight!

See Cookie there?

Heard last week it wasn’t in good shape but hopefully that’s changed. I like the course.

Yes, played "Wolf" with Cookie in the foursome ... we were done by 9:30 am

Yes, played "Wolf" with Cookie in the foursome ... we were done by 9:30 am
Of course you were.....when you tee off at 6:05AM. LOL. Good to hear you boys are still after it!

Of course you were.....when you tee off at 6:05AM. LOL. Good to hear you boys are still after it!

Teed off at 6:25 ... round went quicker than I thought. Hadn't played in 4 months - not in golf shape to walk and the wrong shoes - I spent the afternooon in recovery. Need to play more.

Won't go back to Frisco Lakes. All greens are pretty bad. Something got on their greens and ruined them. All are slow and bumpy with many dead spots.

Won't go back to Frisco Lakes. All greens are pretty bad. Something got on their greens and ruined them. All are slow and bumpy with many dead spots.
Sounds as bit like the greens at Waterview in Rowlett, but the greens are lush, just very slow and very bumpy. :ROFLMAO:

And bet they still charged ya $60ish to play? Too bad on their part.

They have always been wayyy to proud of that place and not they nicest either. Like you should be happy they let you play there..

Back