DG s300 v. DG 120

BuffaloPlunger

2024 GolfTEC Experience
Albatross 2024 Club
Reaction score
Handicap
How different is the Dynamic Gold s300 v. the Dynamic gold 120 s300. In theory if I were to replace one with the other would I notice much of a difference other than weight?

Weight will be the biggest difference. The 120 is softer in the handle vs the 130 but I find it hard to feel the difference.

I am a long time user of a huge fan dynamic gold s300 shafts. I've played the original for over years and recently the 120 version in my MP20 mb and JPX 919F sets. The 120s feed a bit harsher than the original, but otherwise very similar in profile. I probably still prefer the original 130g. I find the original to be a bit better in the feel department.

I am a long time user of a huge fan dynamic gold s300 shafts. I've played the original for over years and recently the 120 version in my MP20 mb and JPX 919F sets. The 120s feed a bit harsher than the original, but otherwise very similar in profile. I probably still prefer the original 130g. I find the original to be a bit better in the feel department.
Gotcha, I’m just so torn with my iron game. I struggled when I replaced my irons last year and I can’t seem to figure it out. I feel I’m chasing too many things with them. I almost want to change them up for a fresh start but don’t really want to spend the money. The only difference between the irons I have now and the ones I was fitted for are the shafts I mentioned in this thread so I don’t know that it would be worth it

The 120s launch and spin almost exactly the same as the OG DG. Lighter/stiffer steel often will feel a little harder than heavier counterparts.

What's the struggle, are the heads the same? Swingweights?

The 120s launch and spin almost exactly the same as the OG DG. Lighter/stiffer steel often will feel a little harder than heavier counterparts.

The PXG has a slightly larger head but not by much. Swing weight is the same

Most of my issues stem from launch because I have a shallow swing. I launch my 7 iron around 20° on a good strike

Back