Dhartmann34's Swing Battle and Journey....

ShotScope

SkiBumGolfer

Tremendous slouch
Albatross 2022 Club
Reaction score
Handicap
Hey! Progress has been good... But the long term consistency takes time.

As for your question... I do find a right to left block or slice when I don't commit. And I find that my chest flies open early during those instances.

My 3 key items in focusing on...

1. Arms takeaway and vertical
2. Right shoulder starts downward to start the downswing.... Brings the rest of the swing through.
3. Keep my head on the ball all the way through the swing. Of it moves off, it's usually up and away, which causes my chest to open up which means here comes that poor right to left shot.

I'll video it and explain this week. Probably makes more sense when it's on video.
Appreciate the feedback! These items are all sounding familiar to me, but I'll be looking forward to the video as well.

dhartmann34

Reaction score
Handicap
Appreciate the feedback! These items are all sounding familiar to me, but I'll be looking forward to the video as well.
I'll get that video done this week hopefully. We've had sickness running through our house so I haven't been able to get to it.

SkiBumGolfer

Tremendous slouch
Albatross 2022 Club
Reaction score
Handicap
I'll get that video done this week hopefully. We've had sickness running through our house so I haven't been able to get to it.
No worries dude!

dhartmann34

Reaction score
Handicap
No worries dude!
Okay, garage floor is done and I had a few minutes to get this done. Hopefully it all makes sense.

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

Grins

AMDG
Albatross 2022 Club
Reaction score
Handicap
20ish
Great explanation Derek! I think it's cool that you're kind of putting all this previous knowledge & work together & figuring it out more or less on your own.

I predict scores will drop significantly once you get your new distances dialed in!

Grins

AMDG
Albatross 2022 Club
Reaction score
Handicap
20ish
Nice garage floor BTW! What did you go with?

dhartmann34

Reaction score
Handicap
Great explanation Derek! I think it's cool that you're kind of putting all this previous knowledge & work together & figuring it out more or less on your own.

I predict scores will drop significantly once you get your new distances dialed in!
Thanks! I've been working hard on it, by myself for a few months now. Really trying to find the moves that work for me, and go with it. Still more to do obviously, but there have been some good results. I'm most impressed with the distance gains and fairways hit.

dhartmann34

Reaction score
Handicap

drp3434

⬅️ makes me 🤢🤮
Albatross 2022 Club
Reaction score
Handicap
Dude you're down to a 2.4 hdcp!?

ryang13

Wheel Snipe Celly Boys!
Albatross 2022 Club
Reaction score
Handicap
12.8 GC
This was a motivating one to read through, and thanks for positing all your progress. The video you posted today is really similar to what my instructor has been drilling in to me, especially on the backswing - trying to maintain a similar angle between clubface and my spine. Lots of work to do on that one but it’s slowly coming around. Great work and keep it up 👊.

dhartmann34

Reaction score
Handicap
Dude you're down to a 2.4 hdcp!?
ha no. I was a few years ago when that was updated. I'm not sure what I am as I haven't even kept one the past couple of years besides for my league... which I believe is a 3 right now.

dhartmann34

Reaction score
Handicap
This was a motivating one to read through, and thanks for positing all your progress. The video you posted today is really similar to what my instructor has been drilling in to me, especially on the backswing - trying to maintain a similar angle between clubface and my spine. Lots of work to do on that one but it’s slowly coming around. Great work and keep it up 👊.
Thank you sir. It's been quite the journey over the past however many years. Consistency is the key and what I need to get down. Thankfully my putting and chipping are always solid. Always scrambling.

SkiBumGolfer

Tremendous slouch
Albatross 2022 Club
Reaction score
Handicap
Okay, garage floor is done and I had a few minutes to get this done. Hopefully it all makes sense.

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk
Such good stuff man! Well explained too. We have very similar goals it sounds like - keeping the club outside the hands is also a big one for me. I actually do the little check back to parallel on a lot of swings, like Justin Thomas did for a long time, specifically to check that. Then it's all about the weight shift for me coming down. If I do it right, the hands follow and the club drops right into the slot, but I at times struggle with exactly what you were talking about.

Now, I ALSO really need to figure out how to putt and I'd probably be a 5-6 cap pretty quickly... But that's a story for another thread 😆

dhartmann34

Reaction score
Handicap
Such good stuff man! Well explained too. We have very similar goals it sounds like - keeping the club outside the hands is also a big one for me. I actually do the little check back to parallel on a lot of swings, like Justin Thomas did for a long time, specifically to check that. Then it's all about the weight shift for me coming down. If I do it right, the hands follow and the club drops right into the slot, but I at times struggle with exactly what you were talking about.

Now, I ALSO really need to figure out how to putt and I'd probably be a 5-6 cap pretty quickly... But that's a story for another thread 😆
My putting and chipping is what saves me. Stop by for a lesson anytime 🙂

SkiBumGolfer

Tremendous slouch
Albatross 2022 Club
Reaction score
Handicap

ryang13

Wheel Snipe Celly Boys!
Albatross 2022 Club
Reaction score
Handicap
12.8 GC
Thank you sir. It's been quite the journey over the past however many years. Consistency is the key and what I need to get down. Thankfully my putting and chipping are always solid. Always scrambling.
Consistency is a difficult one to pin down. Feels like my body doesn’t move the same way every day, so trying to understand and troubleshoot things has been a real big thing for me so far in this process. The short game is still one I’m working on but we’ll get there 👊.

dhartmann34

Reaction score
Handicap

Welcome to The Hackers Paradise

Don't just play golf, live it!

Register Log in