Diamana Blue Board vs Fujikura Orochi driver shaft

maddchase

Reaction score
I'm looking at replacing my driver and was able to find a Mizuno JPX 825 driver, one with the stock Orochi shaft and one with the Diamana Blue Board, I'm not able to go hit both, so looking for advice or input on how these two shafts compare. Thanks. [h=1][/h]

Can you tell us about your swing? What flexes are they?

My driver swing speed hovers between 86-91mph comfortably to going after it, I can swing harder but it'll probably just end up lost somewhere in the shrubs, those are numbers from the Bridgestone ball fitting I went to. I'm hitting about 220 off my 12 degree driver, and wanted to go down to a 10.5. My 6 iron according to Mizuno shaft optimizer average is 77. I play men's regular flex in my irons and woods. I'm short but I don't cut my clubs, I just choke down.

Regular flex sounds right. How's your ball flight with the 12*? Is it too high? Are you spinning the ball too much? etc

I'm spinngin the ball around 3800 and my ball flight tends to be high, with my 12 degree my launch angle is 18. I know that the blue board would be more of a mid launch shaft, my concern is that if I'm already lowering my loft, should I be looking to lower the launch as well?

You really ought to try and get fitted for a driver and not worry so much about the fact it's is a JPX 825.

The stock Orochi shaft would probably be too stiff. The Blue Board (in a regular) should be just about perfect.

Disclaimer: I have the Blue Board and really, really love it. Hit it straighter than any shaft I've ever tried with just about ideal numbers for my swing speed (100-102 MPH).

Back