Templet0n

washed...
Albatross 2024 Club
Reaction score
Handicap
snow..
New release from mitsubishi. I have not gotten along with anything from their tensei line. But the diamana stuff is legendary.

Should have one here soon for some Tech Studio testing.

Interesting. I got excited.

"Active in the hands"

And then I didn't.

That is likely to be a hard pass from me. I'll probably still try to make it work though. :D

Interesting. I got excited.

"Active in the hands"

And then I didn't.

That is likely to be a hard pass from me. I'll probably still try to make it work though. :D

softer handle, stiffer mid and tip shafts typically do not work for me either. But they could right.. haha.

softer handle, stiffer mid and tip shafts typically do not work for me either. But they could right.. haha.
All things are possible, all the time, especially if it's new. 👍

I try to like them, because they feel really nice to me, but I usually hit them flat as heck with terrifyingly low spin. The description is very AD XC to me.

It reminds me a bit of Miyazaki Black from years ago with the softer handle, but that got low low after that.

It reminds me a bit of Miyazaki Black from years ago with the softer handle, but that got low low after that.

i think the RDx black is similar as well. Personally stiffer handle shafts have worked better for me but it does not mean that couldn’t change with the right mix.

EI curve and profile is just one of the many ingredients in shaft performance.

i think the RDx black is similar as well. Personally stiffer handle shafts have worked better for me but it does not mean that couldn’t change with the right mix.
I prefer more mid stable in the hands, but softer has worked in the past like the one mentioned above

I prefer more mid stable in the hands, but softer has worked in the past like the one mentioned above

I think the diamana whiteboard was also a softer handled shaft. That one played really well for me.

While I think this shaft could possibly be the sexiest one I have seen in a long time, I know that I haven't gotten along really well with softer handled stuff. Hopefully it finds it's way into an OEM cart or something though because I would still like to try it. Just won't do a blind purchase based on my past experiences.

While I think this shaft could possibly be the sexiest one I have seen in a long time, I know that I haven't gotten along really well with softer handled stuff. Hopefully it finds it's way into an OEM cart or something though because I would still like to try it. Just won't do a blind purchase based on my past experiences.

same.

It’s a very solid shaft. I am enjoying it so far in my testing with it.

It’s a very solid shaft. I am enjoying it so far in my testing with it.

can you post some numbers and maybe a comparison shaft?

can you post some numbers and maybe a comparison shaft?

I can put up some numbers at some point. I don’t know when I’ll have some time next to do more testing. I may have a couple of my golfers give it a go and see how they feel about it.

What shaft are you wanting it compared to?

• Diamana™ PD brings a lower launching profile to the 5th Generation family
• Designed to be more active in the handle vs. TB w/ stiffer middle and tip section
• Lower torque to produce a flatter, lower spinning launch

Interesting....

I can put up some numbers at some point. I don’t know when I’ll have some time next to do more testing. I may have a couple of my golfers give it a go and see how they feel about it.

What shaft are you wanting it compared to?
I’m curious how it stacks up against the Diamana DF and the Tensei white 1k. But I’d reckon since they’re all in the same profile range it would be similar. Especially if this is just the next iteration of the whiteboard. I’d be even more curious how it stacked up against the Accra tz5 that I’m currently using if that’s something you have some experience with. Doesn’t have to be numbers even just your overall thoughts. If you have the time and desire to do so of course.

I’m curious how it stacks up against the Diamana DF and the Tensei white 1k. But I’d reckon since they’re all in the same profile range it would be similar. Especially if this is just the next iteration of the whiteboard. I’d be even more curious how it stacked up against the Accra tz5 that I’m currently using if that’s something you have some experience with. Doesn’t have to be numbers even just your overall thoughts. If you have the time and desire to do so of course.
The PD stacks up nicely against the DF and 1K. I think it is a refined DF. PD is very firm feeling just like DF with maybe just a touch more feel. I think the feel improvement is from the softer butt section which makes PD feel less stout than DF. 1K separates itself in the feel category to the point it feels much softer, smoother flexing than the Diamana shafts. For me, ball speeds were best with 1K. When I get a shaft that is too firm throughout like PD/DF, I tend to lay it off more and really fire hard from the inside. This leads to blocks to the right. 1K is a nice contrast in feel which allows me to make my natural swing and high nice tight draws, mini fades and the odd straight ball. This is my contact pattern with 1K from my last range session.
9EABA16F-7790-4587-BF8F-00CEAEBEA39B.jpeg

When the Tensei 1k came out, I instantly put it in the driver. I gamed the Tensei Pro White for the longest time, so was very curious to use the 1k. I prefer the original TPW over the 1k. I have never really enjoyed the Diamana DF to be honest. I always gravitated towards the Diamana D LTD (formerly D+ LTD). I have the TZ5 in my 3 wood and have used it in the driver. Below is how I would personally rank these shafts in terms of how it performed for me and not using any sales or others experience.

1. Diamana PD
2. Tensei Pro White
3. Accra TZ5
4. Tensei White 1K
5. Diamana DF

I would also like to note that I have been testing the PD in the both 60TX and the 50TX and I'm really enjoying the 50TX a lot.

When the Tensei 1k came out, I instantly put it in the driver. I gamed the Tensei Pro White for the longest time, so was very curious to use the 1k. I prefer the original TPW over the 1k. I have never really enjoyed the Diamana DF to be honest. I always gravitated towards the Diamana D LTD (formerly D+ LTD). I have the TZ5 in my 3 wood and have used it in the driver. Below is how I would personally rank these shafts in terms of how it performed for me and not using any sales or others experience.

1. Diamana PD
2. Tensei Pro White
3. Accra TZ5
4. Tensei White 1K
5. Diamana DF

I would also like to note that I have been testing the PD in the both 60TX and the 50TX and I'm really enjoying the 50TX a lot.
50 gram huh? Are you playing it in a longer setup? And thanks for the feedback!

Long time lurker here, just wanted to share some feedback to those thinking about trying the PD.
Your mileage may vary, but I traded for a an uncut PD 60 TX. Giving it a little bend test, feels extremely stout. I have hit just about all the high end shafts and was still surprised how stout it felt. I normally tip all my stuff 1.00”, but went with a .50” tip and left it a little long in case I wanted more. Finished length is a hair under 46” right now. D-4 swingweight with a Sonar midsize grip - those are a little heavy (67g). So it could be D-5 or D-6 with a little lighter grip

Head is an OG Sim 8*. This is the gold standard for me personally and I test all my shafts in this head.

Background on me. Im a scratch player, normal cruising speed on the course for me is 119-120mph, I hit the ball best swinging up on the ball 4-5* + AoA. I’m 6’5, 270, so not a small guy

Off to the sim (Uneekor). First swing - 124chs, 179ball, 312 carry , 2600 RPM.
Got loose , and hit my personal highest club and ball speeds. Hit 127-128 a few times but was cruising 124-125 and regularly over 180 ball mph, with best of 184. 12-13* launch window - perfect for me. Smash was 1.46-1.47 on center strikes

This thing is legit. I haven’t seen consistent club and ball speed gains like this since the Ventus. There is clearly something going on with energy transfer and it’s is one of the best feeling shafts I’ve ever hit.
For those concerned about an active handle - I did not feel that personally. I’ve been gaming a few Speeders that are very firm in the handle and the PD did not feel much softer, like at all

Dynamic loft was 1-2* lower than my gamer and face was consistently more left a degree or so - telling me this thing is holding up to everything I’m throwing at it.

I’ve had a lot of success with the TPW and Accra TZ5 , and the PD feels more stout than either of those - personally

Was an expensive blind purchase , but I think I have a winner here.

73368848-34EC-43D9-8556-3013B50AAF2C.jpeg901E311A-C3EE-4339-A54D-ABBC5D1630FA.jpeg

Long time lurker here, just wanted to share some feedback to those thinking about trying the PD.
Your mileage may vary, but I traded for a an uncut PD 60 TX. Giving it a little bend test, feels extremely stout. I have hit just about all the high end shafts and was still surprised how stout it felt. I normally tip all my stuff 1.00”, but went with a .50” tip and left it a little long in case I wanted more. Finished length is a hair under 46” right now. D-4 swingweight with a Sonar midsize grip - those are a little heavy (67g). So it could be D-5 or D-6 with a little lighter grip

Head is an OG Sim 8*. This is the gold standard for me personally and I test all my shafts in this head.

Background on me. Im a scratch player, normal cruising speed on the course for me is 119-120mph, I hit the ball best swinging up on the ball 4-5* + AoA. I’m 6’5, 270, so not a small guy

Off to the sim (Uneekor). First swing - 124chs, 179ball, 312 carry , 2600 RPM.
Got loose , and hit my personal highest club and ball speeds. Hit 127-128 a few times but was cruising 124-125 and regularly over 180 ball mph. 12-13* launch window - perfect for me

This thing is legit. I haven’t seen consistent club and ball speed gains like this since the Ventus. There is clearly something going on with energy transfer and it’s is one of the best feeling shafts I’ve ever hit.
For those concerned about an active handle - I did not feel that personally. I’ve been gaming a few Speeders that are very firm in the handle and the PD did not feel much softer, like at all

Dynamic loft was 1-2* lower than my gamer and face was consistently more left a degree or so - telling me this thing is holding up to everything I’m throwing at it.

I’ve had a lot of success with the TPW and Accra TZ5 , and the PD feels more stout than either of those - personally

Was an expensive blind purchase , but I think I have a winner here.

View attachment 9041598
What would you typically see in terms of club head speed and ball speed with your gamer?

What would you typically see in terms of club head speed and ball speed with your gamer?

Gamer is a Speeder Evo3, so different profile, but I could WORK to get 122 but would have to really stand on it

Just joined an indoor club and going back today to backtest the speeder as it is my first experience on a Uneekor. Numbers seemed consistent but I was surprised at the jump honestly

Gamer is a Speeder Evo3, so different profile, but I could WORK to get 122 but would have to really stand on it

Just joined an indoor club and going back today to backtest the speeder as it is my first experience on a Uneekor. Numbers seemed consistent but I was surprised at the jump honestly
I just found out that there is a sim place opening up a few blocks from my house that will be using Uneekor Eye XO sims. So, I will be curious to see how the numbers stack up. I am in an Accra TZ5 M5 at the moment and am shopping around for an alternative to keep me occupied with testing over the winter.

Back