Did the web.com tour blow it?

T2GRN18

Reaction score
Handicap
Seeing the scores from the web.com tour. 80's and 90's from guys at that level is brutal.

A couple of the guys have been quite outspoken about it too.

Those conditions looked beyond ridiculous.

Seeing the scores from the web.com tour. 80's and 90's from guys at that level is brutal.

A couple of the guys have been quite outspoken about it too.

Wow they are showing it in the GC thoose conditions are brutal. Just stop the game. The surf is coming up on the greens.

I think so. They should have cancelled today's round and either tried to get all 712 holes in over 3 days or make it a 54 hole event.

Tommy 2 Gloves is absolutely right IMO. Nobody want to see that crap.

Yikes. Someone tweeted earlier today that running out of golf balls was a legit concern out there.

I think the round should have been canceled!

16 rounds of 85 or WORSE. That is absolutely unbelievable.

just too hard to play in those conditions

That is crazy, watching two gloves try and hit out the ice plant was nuts.

I wonder how much different these conditions were from the PGA tournament at Pebble last year where Sneds did the impossible... As long as it wasn't dangerous, I don't have an issue with it. Apparently it's a tough course even when the winds are down.

I was watching a bit and loved it. If it's the same for everybody and balls could be made to sit on greens, I love it. Same conditions for everyone. Winning at 20 over or 20 under doesn't matter. Beat the other guys on the course; you compete against them not the course. Saying that, it was a bit extreme. IDK what the rest of the week looks like, but if the weather looks significantly better the rest, they probably should have delayed the round. It was extreme and I'm admittedly a masochist when it comes to golf courses.

I was watching a bit and loved it. If it's the same for everybody and balls could be made to sit on greens, I love it. Same conditions for everyone. Winning at 20 over or 20 under doesn't matter. Beat the other guys on the course; you compete against them not the course. Saying that, it was a bit extreme. IDK what the rest of the week looks like, but if the weather looks significantly better the rest, they probably should have delayed the round. It was extreme and I'm admittedly a masochist when it comes to golf courses.

The one problem I do have, having looked at the board, is that it was delayed due to darkness. So there will be a decent chunk of players who have a distinct advantage assuming the weather improves.

Other than that? Let em lose their balls haha

Don't know if they screwed up or not. But Tommy Two Gloves sure was pissed off.

I kinda liked it. Let them play in crappy conditions like the rest of us.

I'm not playing in that stuff there is zero chance of having any fun.

Agree with this. It becomes a battle of attrition at that point, not golf. I want to see some of the best players in the world show off their skill. I know what shooting in the 80's looks like, that's called every round.

I think we've all played in conditions similar to that, I know I have. Tee it up.

That's typically what an 87 will do to you if you're used to breaking par haha
Yeah i was cracking up at his interview. "We're the stepping stone to the PGA. Nobody wants to watch us shoot 86!"

Sent from my SM-G920P using Tapatalk

Yeah i was cracking up at his interview. "We're the stepping stone to the PGA. Nobody wants to watch us shoot 86!"

I didn't see it, but that's really funny.

I'd watch that for sure. Normally I am a 'watch them go low' guy but seeing the elements take over once in a while makes me feel so much better about what I deal with in high ball high spin.

Agree with this. It becomes a battle of attrition at that point, not golf. I want to see some of the best players in the world show off their skill. I know what shooting in the 80's looks like, that's called every round.

One of the guys shot par in it. An incredible feat as far as I'm concerned.

I'd watch every single shot of his round if they televised it.

I've never played in winds hitting 40mph and it being that miserable.

The announcers were talking about "embrace it & have fun" eff that! There is nothing fun about what I witnessed on tv

I think we've all played in conditions similar to that, I know I have. Tee it up.
Definitely. We were in Laughlin, Nv last year for superbowl weekend. When we teed off on Sunday, it was low 40's out, light sideways rain and 50mph sustained winds. Hurrendous! But all 12 of us had a blast laughing at the crazy stuff the wind did to our shots.

To each their own I guess. For me, I don't care of it's raining, too cold, too hot, high winds, etc etc. I still wanna play. Snow might be my limit though.

Back