Did This GHIN Problem Affect You?

leftshot

Remember to smile
Reaction score
Last week I lost access to GHIN. The system claimed I didn't have a profile and it was now required. I had set up a profile the week they launched the World Handicapping System version of GHIN in January 2021 and had posted more than 80 rounds since then. Through the Northern California Golf Association (NCGA) GHIN acknowledged that they had a problem that erased or lost the profile for *some* members and you'd have to recreate your profile.

Thankfully, doing so got me back online and I didn't lose my history. But I am curious, did any of you run into this problem, or were able to get more information from GHIN? They gave no indication that they were trying to fix the problem, had fixed it, nor how many GHIN users might be affected.

No issues on mine

Nope

None here

No issues with my account or my son's.

No issues, and I joined a new club and had my old club removed from my profile during that time. It all went smoothly.

I had a few issues where it said I didn’t have a profile. I reached out and it ended up being that my annual subscription had ended a I needed to pay for 2022. Once that occurred I was back in business

No problems for me. I just turn my scores into the league, and they do all the work. Once a werk they update the numbers.

The league requires a minimum of two 18 hole scores, plus any tournament scores per month.

If we go to a different course, our handicaps are adjusted as needed.

So in the past 5 years I have moved from FL to VA to PA. I have always maintained my ghin via an egolf club for this time. I took a little too long once a few years back and had an issue at the new year. Knowing your ghin # is the key. It will travel with you and can be recreated if you know it. Have had no issues with the World system or recently.

No issues here.

Oddly, after reading this post, I tried to open my GHIN app and it made me re-enter my log in info (which I had forgotten). Its never made me do that in two years since I signed up and downloaded the app. Usually I just open it and my info is there. That's the only thing I've experienced. 🤷‍♂️

I had a few issues where it said I didn’t have a profile. I reached out and it ended up being that my annual subscription had ended a I needed to pay for 2022. Once that occurred I was back in business
This is what I experienced. Now, I just need to play to get some scores for 2022.

No issues here. The only issue I have expereinced is that my index is going up every time I post a score. But that is just me sucking worse than I did before taking a 4 month injury-related break.

Last week I lost access to GHIN. The system claimed I didn't have a profile and it was now required. I had set up a profile the week they launched the World Handicapping System version of GHIN in January 2021 and had posted more than 80 rounds since then. Through the Northern California Golf Association (NCGA) GHIN acknowledged that they had a problem that erased or lost the profile for *some* members and you'd have to recreate your profile.

Thankfully, doing so got me back online and I didn't lose my history. But I am curious, did any of you run into this problem, or were able to get more information from GHIN? They gave no indication that they were trying to fix the problem, had fixed it, nor how many GHIN users might be affected.

The NCGA changed over from Golf Genius to Bluegolf as it's tournament software, so that may have played a part. I haven't had any issues personally or heard of anyone in our club who has had an issue, so hopefully it is a limited problem.

Oddly, after reading this post, I tried to open my GHIN app and it made me re-enter my log in info (which I had forgotten). Its never made me do that in two years since I signed up and downloaded the app. Usually I just open it and my info is there. That's the only thing I've experienced. 🤷‍♂️
Sounds like you encountered the same problem I had. While GHIN said I had to set up a 'profile' in point of fact all they want to do is connect your email to your GHIN member number and have you setup a password.

Last edited:
The NCGA changed over from Golf Genius to Bluegolf as it's tournament software, so that may have played a part. I haven't had any issues personally or heard of anyone in our club who has had an issue, so hopefully it is a limited problem.
Could be. Hard to know when GHIN is so closed lipped about what is going on. In my case, I was trying to log in to GHIN via a browser. But that doesn't mean the app changeover you cited didn't trigger this error.

Interestingly, my NCGA club announced it is still using Golf Genius this year. I wonder if they didn't get the memo or decided for some other reason not to make the change? I'll have to ask my club chair. Thanks for the heads up.

Based on the posts so far, there are enough people running into this for us each to take note. I realize there are many of us that aren't posting anything this time of year. So, you may not know whether or not you are affected until you start posting later. That was a good part of the reason I posted this thread, to give a heads up.

Could be. Hard to know when GHIN is so closed lipped about what is going on. In my case, I was trying to log in to GHIN via a browser. But that doesn't mean the app changeover you cited didn't trigger this error.

Interestingly, my NCGA club announced it is still using Golf Genius this year. I wonder if they didn't get the memo or decided for some other reason not to make the change? I'll have to ask my club chair. Thanks for the heads up.

The NCGA itself changed over to bluegolf, but clubs can still choose to use whatever they want. Bluegolf is free for NCGA clubs (we will be making the changeover) for this year, but I would guess the individual clubs will have to pay in 2023.

We didn't use golf genius for our club, so can't comment on why a club would stay with something that likely costs $3k or more vs something that is free for this year, but if the club budgeted for it and golf genius works for those that run/play in the tournaments it would make sense to me.

Mine did do that. Just as a guess, I think it may have to do with the memberships being renewed for the new year.

Mine did do that. Just as a guess, I think it may have to do with the memberships being renewed for the new year.
You might be right now that I think about it. 🤔

Nope no issues here. I got my GHIN through Grint though

Nope no issues here. I got my GHIN through Grint though
Yes, to all of you using Grint, U.S. Handicapping or some other handicap system: You won't be affected. This problem is specific to those who use GHIN and post through the GHIN website or app.

Back