Did you invest in $GME or $AMC?

Did you invest in either GME or AMC before it's immense rise?

• Yes

Votes: 17 21.8%
  • No

Votes: 49 62.8%
  • No time for that - I'm playing golf!

Votes: 12 15.4%

• Total voters
Lol this made me laugh out loud. I can’t trade GME on the Robinhood app, but it will take the opportunity to tell me about how poorly it’s doing because they restricted it haha.
EE1F3431-AF03-4430-B93B-7D2120440A1A.png0B2BE433-1E66-43B3-8369-F93E03D93ABA.png

The 5 year graph was funny! D3AF4C2B-8864-4B44-A9C7-5F67601E470A.jpeg

These stocks are trading on emotion and herd mentality void of any fundamental analysis or logic.
I was going to say something snarky about Apple falling despite their higher than expected earnings report, and the huge Tesla short from years back, but that wouldn’t be helpful.

But I just don’t see what is happening as being based on emotions and a heard mentality I think it’s based on seeing a market opportunity which is being magnified to an impactful level by the ability to organize with the use of the internet combined with ease of market access. I see it as similar to something like Grandma’s investment club, but in the scale of thousands of nursing homes all joining that same club. The short guys can push out one of two players, but not all of these investors. It’s more involved and calculated that what appears on my surface, is what I am saying.

I was going to say something snarky about Apple falling despite their higher than expected earnings report, and the huge Tesla short from years back, but that wouldn’t be helpful.

But I just don’t see what is happening as being based on emotions and a heard mentality I think it’s based on seeing a market opportunity which is being magnified to an impactful level by the ability to organize with the use of the internet combined with ease of market access. I see it as similar to something like Grandma’s investment club, but in the scale of thousands of nursing homes all joining that same club. The short guys can push out one of two players, but not all of these investors. It’s more involved and calculated that what appears on my surface, is what I am saying.

Exactly this. And now that the intermediaries have put the clamps on all the Grandmas, the bottom will fall out of this thing.

Money and power go hand in hand, we are witnessing it live.

And this makes me sad that I have to work for a living... and happy that I don't have the money to jump on on this at the beginning... because then I'd have to work for a living because I'd lose all that money.

I think it’s based on seeing a market opportunity which is being magnified to an impactful level by the ability to organize with the use of the internet combined with ease of market access. I see it as similar to something like Grandma’s investment club,

...and void of any fundamental analysis. These Grandma's have no idea what the company is worth. They just see a stock ticker and a buy button on their app. I admit I was completely wrong on TSLA but when a company like GME goes from a small market cap to $25 billion in a nanosecond-something ain't right.

...and void of any fundamental analysis. These Grandma's have no idea what the company is worth. They just see a stock ticker and a buy button on their app. I admit I was completely wrong on TSLA but when a company like GME goes from a small market cap to $25 billion in a nanosecond-something ain't right.
But what is your opinion based on? There is a fair amount of detailed, researched information posted daily in the WSB subreddit, albeit placed within a sea of rocketship emojis and #stonk references. Just looking at the GME spike in and of itself as support is a circular analysis. Is GME legitimately valued as a company? No, of course not. But neither is Tesla or Apple for that matter, or JetBlue that is buried in debt or American Airlines. But those are moving up today. But GME became valuable because someone else needed it to cover a short position. So is GME worth $350 a share? Not to me, but to that short seller that needs to cover, I suppose it has to be. If we are just buying and selling stock based on inherent value and potential earnings, then there is an easy solution: no more short and call options.

This is wall street playing with fire and betting against the economy. I have no sympathy whatsoever for them getting burned. These short-focused firms are also against low interest and stimulus payments, as it is also bad for their business interest. Not shocking that the proletariat saw an opportunity and took it.

Can’t decide if this is a joke, a statement, or a revolution...

Can we get a THP fund going on some of these? lol

It’s only artificial in the sense that the stock price exceeds the actual liquidation value of the company. Just like Apple and Tesla. Is investing in those something that is done with no bearing on value? Nokia has solid financials. Short sellers nonetheless pushed it down.

Hard to say that Apple stock can be grouped as similar with companies like GME or TSLA. Apple just reported $111,440,000,000 in revenue and 39.8% gross margins for the quarter. They are the most profitable U.S. company and have $85B in cash on hand. We can debate whether their 33 forward P/E is too rich but their valuation makes a lot more sense than TSLA and GME isn't in anyway comparable on any financial metric - Apple had a net income of $28B last quarter and Tesla had a net income of $720M last YEAR.

I agree that short sellers do a lot of damage to companies that don't often deserve it. Tesla stock almost got killed by the shorts severals times in recent years and it looks like Elon got the last laugh.

Last edited:
This is wall street playing with fire and betting against the economy. I have no sympathy whatsoever for them getting burned.
My guess is that the majority of folks that trade through Robinhood and other apps, and particularly in these go-go names, couldn't give you any fundamental analysis of the underling business. And its ok to bet against the economy too. The market needs speculators also.

The hedge funds are big boys and know the risk and sometimes even get it right like Enron and Lehman and sometimes lose like Herbalife and TSLA. I just don't have a lot sympathy for John Doe who gets burned gambling and then complains that regulatory action needs to take place. The brokers who are peddling these type stocks as a way to get rich just to get a commission-well that's another story.

Hard to say that Apple stock can be grouped as similar with companies like GME or TSLA. Apple just reported $111,440,000,000 in revenue and 39.8% gross margins for the quarter. They are the most profitable U.S. company and have $85B in cash on hand. We can debate whether their 33 forward P/E is too rich but their valuation makes a lot more sense than TSLA and GME isn't in anyway comparable on any financial metric - Apple had a net income of $28B last quarter and Tesla had a net income of $720 last YEAR.

I agree that short sellers do a lot of damage to companies that don't often deserve it. Tesla stock almost got killed by the shorts severals times in recent years and it looks like Elon got the last laugh.
I agree with you in principal, but I see the difference is that people are not shorting Apple to the moon because it would be a death sentence. It was the first example I could think of because their earning reports were excellent yesterday, yet the stock is down over two days. Am I selling? No, I am buying because of all the reasons you articulated. Its a long term hold.

But, let's say I had $600 in stimulus money and I have two months of rent that need to be paid. Am I buying Apple stock? No, I am better off buying GME because if I double or triple it in a few hours or days, I get to love another month. If I lose it all, I am still evicted on the 31st. That is what we are seeing here, and why this will last past GME and NOK and BB. The models are based on rational investors, not people tossing in money and shouting "Leroooooooooooooryyyyyyyy Jenkinsssssssssssssssssssssss".

But what is your opinion based on? There is a fair amount of detailed, researched information posted daily in the WSB subreddit, albeit placed within a sea of rocketship emojis and #stonk references. Just looking at the GME spike in and of itself as support is a circular analysis. Is GME legitimately valued as a company? No, of course not. But neither is Tesla or Apple for that matter, or JetBlue that is buried in debt or American Airlines. But those are moving up today. But GME became valuable because someone else needed it to cover a short position. So is GME worth $350 a share? Not to me, but to that short seller that needs to cover, I suppose it has to be. If we are just buying and selling stock based on inherent value and potential earnings, then there is an easy solution: no more short and call options.

This is wall street playing with fire and betting against the economy. I have no sympathy whatsoever for them getting burned. These short-focused firms are also against low interest and stimulus payments, as it is also bad for their business interest. Not shocking that the proletariat saw an opportunity and took it.
When you short, you have to be worried about getting squeezed...

It’s kinda like rolling up to a Craps Table and betting the Don’t... A hot shooter can felt you in heartbeat... Tread lightly...

All parties suggesting "manipulation" should take a look at what these firms are doing to block the purchase of individual positions. Hedge funds called in favors to have trading shut down for specific companies across several platforms so they could buy time to decide what to do next. THAT is market manipulation in it's purest form.

All parties suggesting "manipulation" should take a look at what these firms are doing to block the purchase of individual positions. Hedge funds called in favors to have trading shut down for specific companies across several platforms so they could buy time to decide what to do next. THAT is market manipulation in it's purest form.
8215950F-5013-4D7E-8CA7-1A20EFC76866.jpeg

All this focus on GameStop and AMC...

Meanwhile I'm buying more shares of callaway and doge bitcoin and seeing a great return. Lol.

Sent from my SM-G986U using Tapatalk

All this focus on GameStop and AMC...

Meanwhile I'm buying more shares of callaway and doge bitcoin and seeing a great return. Lol.

That's funny, I just bought a WHOLE $1.00 worth of doge (46 bitcoin) and that's looking good so far. :ROFLMAO:

This is actually really scary that the market can be manipulated so easily..
The market has been manipulated by the wealthy and hedge funds for many many years. This time some commoners did it to get back at someone who notoriously shorts the market and then spins propoganda against the companies he shorts to make he short position hit.

The market has been manipulated by the wealthy and hedge funds for many many years. This time some commoners did it to get back at someone who notoriously shorts the market and then spins propoganda against the companies he shorts to make he short position hit.

I understand and agree. That is not my point..

That's funny, I just bought a WHOLE $1.00 worth of doge (46 bitcoin) and that's looking good so far.
Buy more! Lol. It's up 90% on the day and I'm up 30% from when I went in....

I bought $275 worth so about 10k coins... Go big!

I can barely keep up with any of it, however, if this isn't indicative of the deck being stacked against the little guy, I don't know what would be.
Bifurcation?

Back