Did you invest in $GME or $AMC?

Did you invest in either GME or AMC before it's immense rise?

• Yes

Votes: 17 21.8%
  • No

Votes: 49 62.8%
  • No time for that - I'm playing golf!

Votes: 12 15.4%

• Total voters
Imagine how many Reddit investors will be left holding an empty bag when this ride is over.
This... I have been trading stocks for thirty years. Smart traders can make big bucks on these types of games, but you get in and back out before the music stops. Also, you do not chase. I was watching GME since the fall and bought 5,000 shares, based upon my thought that we were coming into the holiday season when retail should do well. Once I buy a stock, how long I hold is totally based upon the technicals (chart). I had never been given my sell signal, and the trend remained intact through the holidays. Then, all hell broke loose and it became one of those trades that come along about once every 10 years. When it gapped a hundred bucks yesterday, I sold. Got out at 260, because anymore felt greedy to me. A huge gap up like that that is completely unsupported by any fundamentals tells me that a top is near and it simply doesn’t pay to try to find that top.

This... I have been trading stocks for thirty years. Smart traders can make big bucks on these types of games, but you get in and back out before the music stops. Also, you do not chase. I was watching GME since the fall and bought 5,000 shares, based upon my thought that we were coming into the holiday season when retail should do well. Once I buy a stock, how long I hold is totally based upon the technicals (chart). I had never been given my sell signal, and the trend remained intact through the holidays. Then, all hell broke loose and it became one of those trades that come along about once every 10 years. When it gapped a hundred bucks yesterday, I sold. Got out at 260, because anymore felt greedy to me. A huge gap up like that that is completely unsupported by any fundamentals tells me that a top is near and it simply doesn’t pay to try to find that top.

Congratulations, that's a fantastic gain. Really well done.

Sounds like good planning turned into good luck!

🤯🤯🤯🤯🤯
Looks like you don't need to keep selling any of your unused golf equipment lol

This is all fascinating to me. I have learned more about the stock market in the past 24 hours than I have in the past 24 years. Love to see normal people beat Wall Street at their own games and exposing how rigged the system is for the rich. Grabbing popcorn to wait and see what the fallout from all of this is.

Speaking of Robinhood, are there alternative apps to it for free trading? I imagine a lot of people are going to lose faith in Robinhood after this.

This is all fascinating to me. I have learned more about the stock market in the past 24 hours than I have in the past 24 years. Love to see normal people beat Wall Street at their own games and exposing how rigged the system is for the rich. Grabbing popcorn to wait and see what the fallout from all of this is.

Speaking of Robinhood, are there alternative apps to it for free trading? I imagine a lot of people are going to lose faith in Robinhood after this.
Robin Hood forced most of the online brokers to offer free trades. I trade through ETrade and my trades cost nothing. They never were that expensive, though, since trading went online with the advent of the internet.

Wowzers. That’s a payday! Right place right time my man.

Way to go my friend! What a score. Never hurts to get a little lucky. I bet there are several people out there that had the same thought and then got caught in a once in a lifetime crazy 1 week gain for the most random reason ever. Glad one of them was you.

It's Doge time!

I
One billionaire can drive a stock up or down at any given time and it's considered normal. Get a couple thousand regular people to do it and they shut down the market.
Its crap.Once again the BS gets exposed.
The system works perfectly...for the .01%. And they'd like to keep it that way.

Makes me want to watch The Big Short tonight...

Kind of sums up this week's activities8bels7zob4e61_jpg-1800858.jpeg

Damnnnnn my guy with the BIG come up!!!

Time to buy some golf stuff haha

Perfect timing what with all the new equipment releases. Congrats man!

Thieves. Criminals. All of them deserve to be flayed alive and let rot for the crows. Honestly, anybody who doesn't root for the destruction of these hedge funds is probably a black hearted evil person.

143725886_10159154665929913_6986394422078741432_o.jpg

Perfect timing what with all the new equipment releases. Congrats man!
I may or may not have purchased anything. I already had a garage full of stuff that I have been trying to sell.

Pirates had more class than anybody working at Robinhood.

144083515_10101719018490081_8699419439063892121_o.jpg

Look at how insanely volatile GME is haha

View attachment 8990803
It is a trader’s dream. It is so unfortunate that the “powers” locked out the traders to some degree. One should not be able to short, or, in particular, naked short, if the buying interest is being controlled. It’s a crooked game. I tell you though, normally that volatility is a day trader’s dream.

Pirates had more class than anybody working at Robinhood.

144083515_10101719018490081_8699419439063892121_o.jpg
Holy crap. This is at the absolutely bottom of the chart I just posted... right before it jumped back over 200+

How is that even kind of legal?!

Holy crap. This is at the absolutely bottom of the chart I just posted... right before it jumped back over 200+

How is that even kind of legal?!
It's not, but the richardless people who can punish these gordon gekko slimeballs won't do anything. This is insulting and these greedy fuucks will get away with it. Anybody on the side of Robinhood or these hedge funds can rot in hell.

Back