Did you play more rounds this year or less ?

rounds of golf through the pandemic 2020

• Played more rounds than usual

Votes: 40 49.4%
  • About the same as the past years

Votes: 17 21.0%
  • maybe a little less than past years

Votes: 11 13.6%
  • About half of what I used to play

Votes: 7 8.6%
  • Only a few rounds this year

Votes: 5 6.2%
  • Didn't get on the golf course at all

Votes: 1 1.2%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
I’ve got about a dozen in. Which is sad but this has been a year.

2019 was a year as well, only got about a dozen then too.

Prior to that I played 40-50 rounds a year.

The good part of 2019/2020 is about half of those rounds have been with THP’ers so the quality of the fun has been great. Just lacking some quantity.

I think i played a little less than normal. However, that has nothing to do with Covid or any other related circumstances. The primary reason is that we had our first child in January.

Covid was the only real reason I got as much into golf again as I did this summer, and I’m glad it happened.

I played close to 30 rounds this summer since it was the only sport that was approved to play around here. Found a new passion for it, as corny as it sounds haha

About the same as normal as I played a lot of golf already anyway. The courses were certainly busier than normal around me but didn't really effect my golfing. Didn't play in nearly as many tournaments though as most were cancelled this year.

Much more. I think I have about 55 rounds in this year.

Our Dick-tater Evers locked down the State, so we missed the early days of the season...i think we were able to golf the last week of April.

Another factor to my increased rounds was I finally bought a membership. Told my wife, "I gotta play a lot more to get our money's worth".

Way, way, waaay more golf this year. Currently sitting at 185 recorded scores and will easily top 200+ rounds.

Covid is the reason. Golf was one of the few normal places over the last 9 months. I typically travel a lot for work but we’ve been grounded since March. This situation advanced my snowbird plans. Spent a good chunk of last winter in FL as a test run. Add a pandemic and silly lock-down rules from central command to the mix and I’m outta here. I’m able to work from anywhere so....I’ll soon be a Floridian.

For me I played less rounds this year mostly because golf cars weren't available until the beginning of June here in Illinois.

Courses in Alabama never closed so, I've still played the same amount as usual and the season never ends in south Alabama.

I have played way more. I joined a country club which got me playing much more. I played 20-25 rounds the last two years and prior to that about 10 a year. I have 55 rounds in this year and I hope to play hopefully 10 more rounds before our greens shut down (I am playing twice this weekend).

Played a lot more than I did last year

The same, which is most days. I live in a free state where golf never stopped.

I'm probably about the same. I don't really keep track of how many rounds I've played. GHIN is currently showing 43 rounds played this year but that doesn't count scramble, shamble, practice rounds, etc. that don't get posted. I'm guessing I have played around 60 rounds this year. My buddy has played a lot more golf because of Covid and working from home. Pretty sure he averages 27 per day and possibly more.

this is my first year of playing (6 Oct - till now)...i don't see myself getting to play the same amount next year :(

A little less due to planning the wedding , Covid and work. Kept my swing up if I did not have time for a round I attended the range and practice area

Probably close to the same

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Should be pretty close to the usual 110-120 rounds a year for me.

Many would envy you. 2-3 rounds per week is about ideal for the most of us. I could get out on the golf course everyday in the Summer when I was much younger.

Twice a week last year, 3 times a week this year.
Now who says we have too many golf courses ? Obviously, some of us will play more golf, when there is opening spots on the tee sheet.
A few of my buddies told me it felt like time had back tracked 30-40 years to the time when it was easier to get on a golf course due to the Coronavirus.

A little less due to planning the wedding , Covid and work. Kept my swing up if I did not have time for a round I attended the range and practice area
Congratulation to the future groom !
Best get more golf in while you're still the boss of your own schedule. Trust me.................

Wow, so far more than 73% of the members had been golfing more, or the same as the past years........

Significantly more than usual, and easily the most rounds I've ever played in a year.

Congratulation to the future groom !
Best get more golf in while you're still the boss of your own schedule. Trust me.................
We married in the middle of August . Luckily my wife enjoys to see how happy I am to play golf . She enjoys the game too

Back