Different brand Wunderstyle irons

Chopper81

Reaction score
Handicap
8.4 WHS
As the title says has anyone gone the same way, any brand slightly more forgiving irons bent weak to give a better look at address?

I've been fit for 921 HMP and Apex 21 where the fitter had said yes we can bend them weak but not seen the irons like it during the fit.

How much difference would it make to turf interaction? I see a European tour player has apex 21 in the bag and would think he would poss have them weak too?

Cheers

Bounce and loft are a one for one change if you were to bend weak to lesson the offset it would add bounce. That all depends on your swing and style of courses you play if you can use this. Always could grind the bounce back to “factory” but would lose head weight and feel lighter not to mention the finish would be toasted unless you had them refinished.

I'm basically after something more forgiving than I have, but looks decent and is fairly consistent to when I put a good swing on it! I've heard the Apex are low bounce, I know the Mizuno are so I'm not too worried about the added bounce.
The Apex were with Elevate ETS 115 X and the Mizuno were with DG120 s300.
My TM PSI have been with me 6 years but the PW and 9s grooves are wearing petty bad now.

As the title says has anyone gone the same way, any brand slightly more forgiving irons bent weak to give a better look at address?

I've been fit for 921 HMP and Apex 21 where the fitter had said yes we can bend them weak but not seen the irons like it during the fit.

How much difference would it make to turf interaction? I see a European tour player has apex 21 in the bag and would think he would poss have them weak too?

Cheers
How does the loft impact the looks? Outside of only removing some offset?

To better state this, if loft were an issue, how would one ever hit longer irons?

If it’s solely about removing offset, if you just had a fitting based on the irons as is, that would change the dynamics of both turf and ball flight.

My new Titleist T300 are ordered two degrees weak but it’s not for looks at address. The goal is to increase launch angle and spin rate. Slight distance loss is expected to be offset by the shafts ordered 1/2” long.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Back