hanzell85

Reaction score
Handicap
I really thought the twosome format the PGA had a little while was a nice change and hopefully an indication that there could be more tournaments like that. One I would really like to see would be a mens/women's partner tournament. Random draw or something to pick partners would be awesome. Any thoughts?

I would like to see that as well. It's nice to change it up once in a while. More match play would be nice too.

I've heard lpga commish say they would like to do a mix field tournament. Not sure if it would ever come to fruition without it being a limited field event.

I liked what the euro,tour did with the super 6s

I'd like to also see them add a Stableford event. The International at Castle Pines, CO was just awesome. I can't believe it went away, and they never replaced it with another Stableford event.

I have no real interest seeing the guys and ladies playing a team mixed event. I don't see how you set up the course to not be easy for the guys and not be too hard for the girls. I have a feeling their short game and approach shots would be real issues. That probably comes off as very sexist but it is what it is. Loved the team thing they did recently and am good with once a year, and match play has too much chance of being boring on the last day. I do love the USGA 4 ball as well.

Having a duel event at a place like Torrey Pines could work though if they just used the South Course for the men and North for the ladies. Could work at Firestone as well. Would be cool to see the North Course on tv.

I have no real interest seeing the guys and ladies playing a team mixed event. I don't see how you set up the course to not be easy for the guys and not be too hard for the girls. I have a feeling their short game and approach shots would be real issues. That probably comes off as very sexist but it is what it is. Loved the team thing they did recently and am good with once a year, and match play has too much chance of being boring on the last day. I do love the USGA 4 ball as well.

Having a duel event at a place like Torrey Pines could work though if they just used the South Course for the men and North for the ladies. Could work at Firestone as well. Would be cool to see the North Course on tv.

I doubt they would have the ladies playing the tips or the guys moving up. Iirc in the Wendy's classic or whatever the name is they play their normal tees

I think the ladies could hold their own around the greens. Some would be good and some not as good, just like the guys.

My understanding is the women are awful compared to the men short game wise. No clue why though. Pretty sure Annika Sorenstam said after barely missing the cut at Colonial she didn't realize just how bad the women are compared to the men. Most people I have seen say the same thing on other sites.

Mixed pair alternate shot. That would be interesting. Depending how you play it, you might end up with your female paterner responsible for the tee ball from the tips.

Mixed pair alternate shot. That would be interesting. Depending how you play it, you might end up with your female paterner responsible for the tee ball from the tips.

You would definitely have your female partner hitting from the tee nine times in alternate shot. (Either all the odd or all the even holes)

Mixed Pinehurst could work. The MGA and NJSGA both have this format in their annual championships.

Both tee off, switch balls for second shot, and alternate shot from there.

I think a mixed pairs tournament would be fantastic. You could have the men tee off from the tips and the ladies tee off from where they usually do to keep it fair. This could be a great boost for LPGA viewership as well to get them some more exposure. And if they did decide to do alternate shot you just give the ladies their normal tee boxes. Everyone would still be on the same page but you could give the teams the option to which person tees off on the different holes to bring some strategy into play. I think that would be very interesting, at least worth giving it a shot.

Back